Now that the dust has settled, will miners switch to Litecoin on August 1st?

Now that the dust has settled, will miners switch to Litecoin on August 1st?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rpeceXY1QBM
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/litecoin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's really unlikely.

>summerfags haven't realized august 1st doesn't apply anymore because segwit is getting activated making BIP148 a non event
kys mong. And dump your fucking LTC. You should have bought when I told you months ago, not now that BTC is segwit dumbass.

There's been 2 years and some change of hope for btc to get it's shit together, and it's turned up nothing

I'm not saying the segwit activation is dead in the water, but if you think luke "crazy eyes" jr is going down without a fight, I don't know if you're paying attention

I really don't care which coin "takes over," I just want my dream of sound internet money to resume

"It's win-win-win for Litecoin. If Bitcoin doesn't get Segwit, Litecoin steps in to handle small transactions. If Bitcoin does get Segwit and LN, Litecoin is now connected via atomic swaps, and in both cases Litecoin is still ridiculously undervalued."

Low IQ post. Luke was perfectly aware of the game theory at play, the point of UASF was to force corrupted miners into activating segwit, and that is what is happening. UASF won.

The fact that Bitcoin struggles to be modified proves it is in fact decentralized, and it is in fact sound money.

Poorfags that wish to use Bitcoin will do so thanks to Lightning Network, case closed. Now let's go to $100k+

How do miners 'switch' to litecoin. Isn't litecoin only profitable with ASIC's? And Bitcoin ASIC's won't work on Litecoin? I could see major mining operations start investing in Litecoin ASIC's (like the L3+) but it would be a difficult move considering how short on supply those things are right now. Unless they started making their own ASIC's i guess?

The lightning networks sucks ass

Mit bagholders are putting a meme counter instead of releasing info like an actual academic institution.

They have one phd student working on it, and they took down the page from mit media labs.

Lightning makes litecoin faster by simply not logging shit on the blockchain......which is fucked for too many reasons.

Bump

Where did you find information about MIT involvement?

I've seen the website and was curious but they provided no information.

Perhaps I should email them:
[email protected]

Does this have anything to do with the bitcoin segwit bullshit?

Can I get a basic gestalt on what happens August 1st.

>segwit getting activated
unless segwit2x submits a BIP to core or all miners switch to segwit2x coin we're headed for USAF / hardfork and instability.

Litecoin might not replace bitcoin, but it might still go to $100.

No one knows what's happening honestly.
BTC could soar, it could plummet.

more like $1000+ lol

Bitcoin is getting an upgrade. People are prophesising the end of bitcoin and rise of litecoin. In reality, it'll be business as usual.

youtu.be/rpeceXY1QBM

What are peoples forecast for LTC by December this year.

the shit is an atomic swap?

I have no technical understanding of this shit but if litecoin is connected to bitcoin is that like dollars being connected to change?

if Bitcoin has a 21 million coins and Litecoin has 84 million, could litecoin be the poverty currency everyone uses in the future while Bitcoin is reserved for the billionaires? because if the Bitcoin becomes the main currency of the world 99% of the world wont even own 1 btc.

i dunno, i keep seeing $100+. If bitcoin is gold then LTC is closer to copper in value right now than silver. But lotta chinks are buying up LTC...someone pointed out the volume here earlier and the top two are both in China.

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/litecoin

OKCoin.cn $132,984,000
Huobi $114,718,000

go to a china forum and ask them why

How would it benefit miners?
It has segwit

$75-$100 by July 31st

the sleeping giant that is VIAcoin

you say 1 August will not effect the prices anymore?

This is photoshopped, he's actually watching some moe