How and what do I do to get out of engineering? I didn't get into it for the money, and good thing because I want more...

How and what do I do to get out of engineering? I didn't get into it for the money, and good thing because I want more, it's also just not as fun as when I did that stuff in school/hobby.

I still like the idea of a technical role and really want to start a company, but I don't have any good ideas or know how. I don't want to just become a consultant, eventually I want to create some produce to sell. I've been watching grant cardone videos, and started recording myself a bit to practice my annunciation because I sound like an autistic robot. Going to talk to myself whenever I'm in the car too since I hardly talk at all during my job, then I get anxiety when I do. I've really felt a difference the last few days, hopefully it's not just placebo or descent into madness.

More importantly how do I break free from my shackles? I could scrape together between 40-120k cash if I sold my coins and index funds and try to get into real estate, I'm just afraid of getting eaten alive and taken advantage of if I do that. My parents are the "well I don't know if that's such a good idea..." sort and that negative energy would really weigh me down. (They would be completely supportive of starting a business, but if I bought real estate they would extremely skeptical, if that makes sense. I imagine others can relate). I've realized I don't care and I'll do whatever it takes, if that means taking shit because I've bought real estate while still living at home then so be it.

Another idea is starting a media company that is a cross between AJ and Milo.

Anyone else broken free? Any advice? I can see the illusion, but I just can't step through it yet. (There is no harm in biding my time either).

Bump

WiFi off...

get into finance. the idea of heavy math for traders is basic stuff.

analytics bruhbruh. not a ton of people with degrees in it, so you stand a chance to get in if you put the time in to learn how to code. best languages are probably R and SAS for analytics, but you'll also need to know SQL.

Location ? Are you planning to create videos, why do you need to practise talking

Overall I'd say relax, financially you're better off than more than 99% of the population

Cheer up, you have 6 figures already

get into sucking dicks. the idea of sucking knowledge for whores is basic stuff.

Without connections won't I just be even more cucked than as an engineer? At least now I can show up and go home whenever I want. And I dress a few notches above slob level, even that is optional.

>not a ton of people with degrees in it,
I'm not interested in getting another degree, but yeah that and ML seem pretty hot. What I gathered is despite all the hype there really is not a lot of opportunity. This is still basically engineering too.

Videos are to practice public speaking as otherwise I don't really have the opportunity in my day to day job, and the rare times I do I sperg out.

Also not quite six figs, I'm not exactly complaining about the money, but I want to do something more active and more engaging than sitting in my cube staring at a screen. I don't see coding as the end all be all. I like it and it makes my life much easier, but I don't want to dedicate myself to it.

You're a fucking loser OP, and you'll always be a loser. Just give up and become a NEET

Men create things. If you're not out bending the world and shaping reality then there is no reason to be alive. I don't even have a choice in the matter. And doing nothing is a little bit worse than working for a paycheck.

Iktf
ChemE with 70k salary here
Quitting to get a CS masters with the money i saved with working 2.5 years

I know a few gen engineers working for fortune 50s in fiance because they can handle heavy math so its not impossible

What is considered "heavy math"?

Sell your shit rent a crappy apt rent a warehouse full warehouse with photography and video shooting equipment. Start offering girls money to blow you while in (good makeup and great cosplay) sell that shit on the net. Fuck your parents they sound like asshole make money getting your dick blown

I dont know exactly im assuming experience with logarithms and matrices

If that's the case , where should I apply? If you don't understand those maths you may be retarded

You'll kys yourself in a few years, trust me

you could start with signal analysis

Good luck user. Not to be negative, but since it was the point of this thread. You'll definitely find more doors open and more money behind them. I just don't think coding is the end all be all, it should be used as a means to an end to make your life easier.
ie. You can make a demo app on your own instead of being 100% reliant on outsourcing/employees.

I'm shit at math unfortunately. And I've had spurts of trying to get good, but I recognize I'm really past the point of no return. Since I already have a skillset which my employer considers valuable why try to be something I'm not?

Okay and with that, what exactly ?

Also everyone here is just trying to talk me into a normal job. That's the exact opposite of what I want. My job right now, on paper, is perfect. It's just a boring existence. I should have enough saved up now or soon to start some type of independent venture.

Is 100k enough to buy and rent out apartments? And make it into something that can grow?

Thank you, user.
I ended up an unironic shitcoin millionaire, so i dont even give a fuck about pay at this point. I just want to do what interests me, and i get bored at work and solve programming problems so i figure ""why not"
Also:
1)I am tired at places requiring a badge
2) i am tired shaving every day
3) i do not want drug tests
4) i want to work my own hours
Engineering is neat, but unless you are calculating things it is boring. Plus, you can simulate entire refineries now so i am like "i hope to be ahead of the curve"

Fourrier

Okay so transforms from frequency to time as in "coin hits this price every x sales meaning every y seconds approx"?

Good on you, it will definitely keep you sharp. Also while self learning is extremely important you will get a push from your classes that you won't get just on your own.
I am in CS and still consider it engineering, I guess because I do R&D (networking) and not developing software applications.

I just need to think of a way to turn my skills into money, because right now without the rest of my team I'm nothing. And the only good ideas I can come up with is consulting in my very specific area of expertise. Or trying to become a normal software developer.

Apply for lockheed martin. You would be shocked how many facilities they have.