North Italians keep complaining non-stop about terroni dragging the country down

>North Italians keep complaining non-stop about terroni dragging the country down
>it was North Italy that started the unification
>annexing South Italy against their will was one of the first things they did

really activates my almonds.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2016/12/05/europe/italy-referendum-whats-next/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe us north italians just wanted to help the south out but they weren't really cooperating. I have family in the south and I don't its bad or worse than the north in most ways.

They underestimate how different the terroni were

Spain can take Sardinia and Sicily back if Italy does not want them.

Why not the rest as well?

the thing is, north italians back then were nationalists who wanted to unite the motherland

modern north italians are numales who want to become a somalian colony like sweden

So they made a mistake and now they realize it. What's your point?

t. Muhammedio Al-Soprano

Pretty sure South Italy is bad now thanks to them and no the other way around. Two Sicilies was wealthy back then and the nationalist ruined it, prove me wrong.

Reminds me of liberal Yankees complaining about how Southern republicans vote.

Cavour's plan, which had been laid out with the French, was to leave Southern Italy untouched, eventually getting it into a confederation, not annex it, the only reason the Two Sicilies became part of Italy was because Garibaldi conquered it and declared it property of the King of Italy/Sardinia. To tell Garibaldi to fuck offwould have meant either tthe establishment of a proper republic (a terryfying prospect for all European powers) or having to put the Bourbons back, not exactly prestigious.

You are a retarded fuc, piedmont could have killed Faribaldi off with hsi pinkyfinger

>1860, Lincoln wins election despite virtually all southern Democrats voting against him
>the Democrats decide to secede
>2016, Trump wins the election despite losing the popular vote to the Democratic candidate
>the Democrats start talking about seceding again
It's always the Democrats, man. They can't handle losing contentious elections.

"I need black people to do menial labor." - Democrats, 1860

"I need brown people to do menial labor." - Democrats, today

There's a difference between a rich government and a rich country. African dictators are rich, not so much their subjects.

>the thing is, north italians back then were nationalists who wanted to unite the motherland
Meh, nationalism was an upper middle class ideology pretty well spread through the whole peninsula, it wasn't a particularly northern thing. Also of note that while Italy unified as an unitarian kingdom, most people wanted unification to happen as a confederation.
>modern north italians are numales who want to become a somalian colony like sweden
The north is racist as all fuck. The so called "red regions" (the left leaning ones) are in central Italy. The north (and the deep south for that matter) is where refugee centres get torched.

This. The only cucks are in Emilia-Romagna and Tuscany.

>he says as thousands make their way to Italy
Hungary is the only uncucked country in Europe.

Like we have a choice? Sweden is inviting them, but we're being forced to let them in by international laws

We voted 59% "No" in the referendum that would cuck us even further to the EU.

>the most cucked region of the country is the one with G*rmans on it

really makes you think

"No."
t. Swede

>referendum that would cuck us even further to the EU
That referenudm had nothing to do with the EU tho?

Not directly, but it would make the EU even stronger here.

How? Keeping Renzi at the helm alone would have guaranteed far less kowtowing. EU treaties still would have needed bicameral approval.

sudtirol ist nicht italien

"No". Garibaldi took his own initiative "liberating" the south, but the kingdom of naples had so many internal problems his tiny invasion force was simply the spark that set off a revolution in sicily and then the mezzogiorno. Garibaldi of course wanted a republic and he was plabning to make italy so as he pushed northward. Problem was cavour prime minister of piedmont invaded south and so when the two atmies got close cavour threatened to fight garibaldi destroy him and annex the south by force but garibaldi was absolutely against civil war among italians so he huliliatingly surrendered his command to cavours army and went into retirement. The piedmontese proceeded to trest the South like a conquered territory and kept it und e military occupation and government for something like 20 years. Does that sound like uplift to you?

I'm too lazy to explain it myself. Just read this article: cnn.com/2016/12/05/europe/italy-referendum-whats-next/

Yes, they are cucks. Austria elected a commie tree hugger as president and they followed their steps by voting overwhelmingly "Yes" here.

>naples got ''''liberated'''''

That article says nothing about the referendum being EU related and says explicitely that it shouldn't be considered as Italy turning away from the EU, since the whole shitshow was basically a confidence vote for Renzi.

It's explained in the wikipedia page.
In Italy the lower and upper houses need to vote to pass legislation. Both houses need to.
With the reform, they wanted to have only the lower house (chamber of deputies) vote to pass laws. And in Italy the upper house (Senate) is a territorial representation. So it was giving the middle finger to the local and regional governments. Also, in Italy everone knows the lower house, no matter who rules, just does everything the EU says.

I'm from Spain and I can relate. Our upper house is irrelevant. It exists only to give money to retired politicans. They just say Yes to everything the lower house says. I would like it to have some real power like in Italy or be demolished.

>holy hear

kek

based Veneto

Sardinians can't get more redpilled

>And in Italy the upper house (Senate) is a territorial representation.
No, it would have been so if the referendum had passed. You completely misunderstood the situation.
>Also, in Italy everone knows the lower house, no matter who rules, just does everything the EU says.
This is also completely fucking retarded, the lower house behaviour depends on its composition and is not traditionally biased either way. You're making it obvious that you're a foreigner, no reason to mention it.

I don't get it.
Is it just a joke about See and Hear being both sense verbs or is there more to it?

>First Gibraltar, now asking for Sicily and Sardinia

Is something going on in Espana?