Can anyone explain to me why Bitcoin always stays on top?

Can anyone explain to me why Bitcoin always stays on top?

From what I understand, it's very outdated, it's transactions are slow, high transaction fees, etc

Why hasn't it been replaced?

Other urls found in this thread:

t.me/pumpsoldiers
socioecohistory.wordpress.com/2014/07/26/flashback-1988-get-ready-for-a-world-currency-by-2018″-the-economist-magazine/
nerdwallet.com/blog/banking/wire-transfers-what-banks-charge/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

most hashing power = most security

it's also the most difficult to change, which means your money isn't going to evaporate because someone decided to fork or change the code or whatever

visa transactions are pretty fast, you should just use that

Eth currently has the most hashing power.

yea but eth is fucking garbage

First mover
Crypto was invented early 80's/early 90'', but bitcoin was the first to implement it successfully
If someone had figured out a hack, they would have implemented it billions of dollars ago.
8 years is forever in computer years.

how is that a good counter-argument

try harder user

what coin will make me wait the least amount of time while the cashier waits for the receipt to print

Litecoin afaik

>not a currency
>turing complete = insecure
>can't handle the load of an ico
>massive blockchain bloat
>centralized around an autistic slavic child

I hate having to reiterate this stuff every thread

If you want be updated always join t.me/pumpsoldiers

It was developed a few years before 1988

socioecohistory.wordpress.com/2014/07/26/flashback-1988-get-ready-for-a-world-currency-by-2018″-the-economist-magazine/

Rolling out the tape like clockwork

Only correct answer.

I'll also add that Bitcoin has the recognizable name. Sorry, but that counts for a lot to the general public...a marketable, memorable name. Old people watching their Fox News or CNN all day long have probably heard of Bitcoin, but go ask a random Edward Jones financial advisor and I bet they haven't the slightest idea what ETH or Litecoin are.

My cousin is 13 and asked for Bitcoin for his birthday. Not "crypto currency" but Bitcoin specifically. Doesn't know shit about it, other than a bunch of people got rich off of it. That kind of brand recognition doesn't exist for anything else. What a lot of these shitcoiners fail to realize is that their shilling and constant creation of bullshit coins actually makes Bitcoin STRONGER in the long run because it's seen more and more as the "safe" investment.

NOT ltc
It is still slow as fuck
Unironically DGB, PIVX, and ARK

how about the fact that satoshi has 1million bitcoins?
Why doesnt this seem to be a major concern to people?

People think he is dead/the CIA/lost the keys

>1 mil bitcoin

citation needed

and no one seems to care that vitalik owns 77% of eth

It's treated like 'gold' in crypto.

>outdated
That means it's first mover, long lasting, trustworthy

>transactions are slow
It's value comes from storing it as value, not using it.

>high transaction fees
Still not higher than bank wires, so investors don't care.

After or before the pussy dumped 25% of his eth?

By what??? There's nothing to replace it with. I you mean replace bitcoin with eth?? Lol

>deep government not in crypto

In Europe you can transfer money from one country to another for 1 euro. I need about as much for a Bitcoin transaction. Just saying.

>transfer money from one country to another for 1 euro
That's pretty cheap. Is that SEPA?

I pay my bank $20 to send a wire and $20 to receive one. That's standard in America.

jesus is this really why people arent concerned?
here you go

and omg vitalik owns 77% of eth?

people have to be fucking delusional to be invested in these for the long term.

SEPA yeah. One of the few good things in the European Union. However in Bitcoin you'd have to pay high fees even to buy a beer. VISA pays you back money. So it could be a bank account replacement, but not a credit card replacement.

>not a currency
It can be used as a currency if people decide to use it like a currency.

>turing complete = insecure
Actually you won't get much more secure than a multisig wallet

>can't handle load of an ICO
For now, scaling is on the roadmap. It currently BTFO's BTC in scalability right now though as far as tx/sec

>massive blockchain bloat
All blockchains have this issue if they're used enough

>centralized around an autistic slavic child
You can hard fork only when you can consensus amongst the network. People in ethereum are coordinated and all want whats best for it, unlike BTC faggots.

There I debunked all your shitty "arguments"

You sound like a testosterone deficient Redditor and that is the main problem with ETH.

>That's standard in America.
Actually it's lower

>Among the institutions we surveyed, the average fees were $8 for incoming domestic wires, $10 for incoming international wires, $25 for outgoing domestic wires and $42 for outgoing international wires.
>nerdwallet.com/blog/banking/wire-transfers-what-banks-charge/

>My cousin is 13 and asked for Bitcoin for his birthday.

WOKE

wow nice debunking
>nuh-uh i love ethereum its better! XD

$100 by the end of the month.

It's like the difference between gold and silver. Gold is mostly used as a store of value, while silver and other metals have more practical applications, gold has more money flowing through its institution.

If BTC is like gold then ETH is like silver. Last market cycle LTC was the silver to BTC.

BTC will always be the BBC that cucks the altcoins from your beautiful loving money.

Not an argument.

Ad-hominem attack, doesn't address any of my points just cries like a typical shill

Same

This the best you boys can do? tch, making you look stupid was easier than I thought. Nothing personal kids

Kys /b/tard subhuman filth

ethereum isn't safe , turing completeness makes the attack surface huge. so it's not a store of value, just a token for dapps . and there are no useful dapps that currently exist and it's questionable whether useful dapps will ever exist.

stop deluding yourself dude. eth is an interesting project but it has huge issues and the people who are piling into it head first don't even comprehend what they're buying . say what you want but at least bitcoin can be used for what it was intended to be used for.

You can literally build bitcoin ontop of ethereum you dumb nigger. BTC is deprecated and the flippening draws closer everyday.

cope.

Look at Ripple. This is their entire business case.

Stop shilling these in every thread

>ethereum isn't safe
Saying "eth isnt safe" is like saying "cars are not safe"
Just because some stupid coders do not make shit 100% solid is not a fault of eth. The blame lies on Ford/Chevy/Honda, not the idea of a car in general.

everyone trades into btc, it´s like the petrodollar
once people can freely trade coins it will go down the shitter

eth is gay as fuck, how about that?

If you're not trolling as mETHead, I'll explain to you clearly. A lot of folks here are new to crypto and don't see BTC's value cause they are laser focused on ROI and dreams of new tech. Bitcoin's true value comes from the fact its network requires more electricity usage for mining than the country of Slovenia per annum. OTC/Futures Markets (which liquidity only exists with BTC) measure in the 9 figures/week. OKcoin Quarterlies does about 1.8 billion dollars week turn over, while BitMex does around half that. Institutional money is already in BTC, and unlike other BS comments pointed out like BTC's hashing power is so far above of Ethereum's, they are not in the same league. To keep BTC's network afloat at current rats, Miners are using enough electricity to power 1,500,000 US households. Mining revenues from Bitcoin are over $5 billion/year at current bitcoin prices. This is the most secure crypto network on the planet and Ethereum does not even come close to a fraction of this. ETH is still an immature platform, as Vitalik and zamfir points out many times. People think PoS is the future, but economics wise, when you have this much money and power going into the bitcoin network, its that what gives BTC store of value as digital gold. Additionally, the ecosystem has been around for a while and tons of network value via companies and trusts have developed around it. This isn't going to get replaced by any network for a while, especially not ethereum

when BTC fixes all its issues and payments will be instant we will be witnessing true parablic growth

what is your opinion of LTC?

Price wise, it will hit go higher in the near term. Value wise, it's a test bed for BTC, and has no real long term future.

>but but....eth has faster transactions and lower fees....

BTC has been around since 2009. It's been through virtually everything you can imagine, and ALWAYS has emerged more resilient than before. No other altcoin has the history that Bitcoin has, of going through trials and tribulations and always rising from the dead.

If the various stakeholders associated with bitcoin including the core dev team and the miners can agree on scaling solutions and a roadmap forward, virtually every other shitcoin is toast.

>Can anyone explain to me why Bitcoin always stays on top?
Because people like me held while it slowly dropped from $1200 to $170 and never sold

Meanwhile the average scamcoin holder panic sells after a $1 drop

You'll never find people willing to go down with the ship like Bitcoin holders, no matter how much fud is whipped up

T. Guy so terrified of the Reddit spacing meme he makes his post completely unreadable

Nice response to his very informative post you fucking cocksucker.

>visa transactions are pretty fast, you should just use that
But visa just blocks your money and sends your payment info to 5 companies to process it and iterate with their fancy fraud detection algorithms, visa can only get money from you in 2-3 days after the money gets unlocked.

>BTC is more valuable because it's far less productive

Someone failed econ 101

productive meaning what exactly?