Occultism & Magick: Library Update 48

Hey guys. Been a minute. Last thread I hosted here was to announce the Tantraloka, scanned in full for the first time in English online. It's the core text of the Uttara Kaula Trika and the magnum opus of Abhinavagupta. I've made a few more updates since then but figured I should alert you guys that my cache of Enochian manuscripts is now complete, and my Sloane MSS folder is fuller. Pretty sure this is the first time all of these Sloane MSS have appeared together under the same digital roof.

John Dee was an English mathematician, astronomer, astrologer, occult philosopher, and advisor to Queen Elizabeth I. He devoted his life to the study of alchemy, divination, and Hermetic philosophy.

Dee straddled the worlds of science and magic as they were becoming distinguishable. One of the most learned men of his age, he had been invited to lecture on the geometry of Euclid at the University of Paris while still in his twenties. Dee was an promoter of mathematics and a respected astronomer, and leading expert in navigation, training many of those who would conduct England's voyages of discovery.

Some other goodies below but first the usual links then the new materials:

/sum/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/HhU18gCW

Library:
mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>Sloane MSS
Sloane 3198
Sloane 3191
Sloane 3188
Cotton Appendix XLVI, pt 1
Cotton Appendix XLVI, pt 2

Also are copied into the Enochian folder. I think this is the first time ever this many of the core manuscripts have been under the same digital roof.

>A.'.A.'.>Philosophy
Ancient Philosophy of Religion
Occult Powers and Hypotheses: Cartesian Natural Philosophy under Louis XVI

>Shamanic
The Teabo Manuscript, which is an interesting little document, a Late Mayan manuscript in which the people of the Feathered Serpent attempt to make some vague sense of Christism, and the start of what COULD have been a Mayan-Christian syncretic faith.

I'll bump with some pics from the Enochian manuscripts.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dee
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enochian_magic
youtube.com/watch?v=EbwhPFDrHUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wKnJ6IuXNdg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sathya_Sai_Baba
youtube.com/watch?v=bpKachYTr-4
youtube.com/watch?v=aBmeD8KU0hI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docetism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Background on Dee:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dee

Background on his magickal system:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enochian_magic

An interesting image; it implies that the numbering of the angels of the Sigillum was calibrated differently or transmitted as differently altogether.

Thanks for the bump, mate.

Hey Ape, do you have the Maya rituals of Chilam Balam books?

Notes on the Archangels.

>Maya rituals of Chilam Balam books
Nope but I should grab 'em and have tinkered with Mayan rites before, trying to reconstruct the Smoke Serpent rite using modern Christianized pottery burning ceremonies as a starting point.

I'll stick 'em on the acquisition list.

The Reformed Table (second transmission, what most folks work through).

A cosmological configuration for the Great Table.

Take it to /x/, retard.

Saged.

Yet another, with the Tablets as pillars that support the earthly realm and act as something of a barrier between here and the Heavenly Chambers.

I mean, these are historically important documents from a major figure in Western scientific and spiritual thought presented with their other materials that served to FOUND THE BRITISH MUSEUM, which I'd say is pretty much completely on topic for the board.

Not to mention the occult aspects of early Caretsian thought and manuscripts from Mayans trying to grok Christianity.

Doodle of a flaming sword in the margins.

It's pretty relevant to history and humanities. Better than the majority of shitposts on this board anyway.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Four concentric circles.
Four worlds?
Four tablets?
My money's on Kabbalistic Worlds.

Peterson, in all his scholarship, fudged the transcription of the table in pic related.

THIS is why it's important to go to the source manuscripts.

More transcription strangeness.

Variant summoning circle from the Sloane MSS.

More elaboration on the Sigillum (iirc).

No, the Lamen, w/e. It's clearly in the image and also now in the library so you don't need me to spoonfeed questionable interpretations.

The museum called me in to work tomorrow ( O_o)

Keys in their original form.

It's in the air, mate.

Ape dude

youtube.com/watch?v=EbwhPFDrHUQ

>Golden Dawn's cell attributions
No thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=wKnJ6IuXNdg

Pic related is the original of

Is there anything like the chastity cage in the occult? Maybe some weird sex cult type stuff.

Wow you put so much more effort into these threads than the ones on /x/
>EXARP

Hello old friend

Bump

Still can't get much traction here.

Thanks bud.

I'll jump in...I didn't know you even posted these over here til today...

I was the guy in the other thread with the issues with the incense and oil of Abramelin. I'm looking on amazon, and they have a pretty choice selection of essential oils, but a really disorganized collection of resins/woods/roots/gums. Is there another website that's reliable that you use? Or do you have a shop to get it from?

I've been using the board off and on since it opened.

It's only about half the time I get many replies, tho. It's pretty much Orthodox territory.

First few months were great tho.

I guess it largely depends on the topic.

>Is there another website that's reliable that you use?
Not really.
I snag Galangal root whole and put chunks of it to soak in my oil.

Thanks. Do you make the oil with essential oils other than the galangal, or do you mix dry ingredients with olive oil? Also, can you please point me to a reliable translation of the ingredients for Abremelin Incense? Everything online seems to be different.

I don't notice much difference.
I do it my way because each liquid prep seems 'weak' compared to the fragrance and quality of ground/whole soaked galangal.

Wikipedia gives you a good historical breakdown.

Just be fuckin' CAREFUL if you're gonna go Biblical and start handling calamus. Shit's toxic. Don't rub it in wounds or put it in your mouth/food. That means ritual anointment only; no cakes of light, no initiations.

I will say that whole cinnamon sucks; no burn.

Thanks...so is the incense just solid versions of the oil ingredients, then?

They're just rough approximations of fragrance.
I wouldn't trust them too terribly much.

Ask more questions. We need to break up all these /pol/ threads on the front page.

Yes we damn well do friend. Cheers to that!

((I also feel the need to justify myself and cite more on a board like this, even if others don't. Given the largely secular and Chistist environment here there's already a degree of hostility))

What the coolest thing you can do with sex magick?

OK so what do *you* use for Abramelin incense? I've finally decided to just bust out the c.c. and buy this shit all in one place, instead of going around to various stores in my area and paying exorbitant prices for them to custom order shit for me. Man, you should have seen the way my local religious shop treated me when I told them I was looking to buy incense for personal ritual work...they couldn't get rid of me fast enough!

What is your opinion on the Marseilles tarot and which do you think is the "truest" tarot, i.e. the symbolism corresponding to reality. A subjective question, I know, but I'm interested anyways.

Make an egregore if you're talking purely pragmatic effects, but then that just puts me back in the nasty spiral of the /x/ thread.

If you don't mind some 'inner' work mixed in there's a lot of sexual evokatory methods you can use to facilitate yogic states and interaction with both higher and lower order entities.

I don't use Abramelin incense.

I like Nag Champa but it's a SON OF A BITCH finding any that Saibaba doesn't have his dead grubby little kiddy fiddling hands all over.

In any case 777 gives your lists of Kabbalistic correlations for incense. When in doubt, look it up in the tables. To that end, most any preparation will do; it's not doing the same things that oil is.

Marseilles is probably the "truest" Tarot. Crowley's Thoth deck is inherently an elaboration thereon.

Depends on what you actually want. HOGD's Tarot in black and white is nice. It's not wrong but its hard to upack; less difficult than Thoth at least.

But if you're wanting to reach into the historical spot where the game and divination tool diverged into separate spheres of adumbration, Marseilles is the way to go.

Ok, thanks for the advice. When Crowley says the magician should partake in a form of eucharist every day, does this mean the Cakes of Light particularly? Either way, what's the best way to go about consecrating said eucharist? Thaks for answering all this!

Also, who is Saibaba and why should I be worried about his dickskinners?

>777
I should also mention Complete Magician's Tables. It's more comprehensive, and in a lot of cases I agree with Skinner's reattributions, particularly as they relate to illegal narcotics.

I should also mention that all the pics ITT highlight some of the major unsolved problems in the Enochian system.

If the thread needs some bumps I can pull out the essay I posted the last time I did a thread here.

>sexual evocatively methods
Where can I learn more about this?

Oh Gods.
Read this and remember it the next time you see a nice blue box of Champa with the silver borders and black tape with fucknut's face on it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sathya_Sai_Baba

>does this mean the Cakes of Light particularly
In most cases, yes.

But, the Eucharist, just like in regular Christism, is just a vehicle. You COULD go straight to the source of the Light but would probably need a more active libido than most.

>consecration
That's actually tied up into the Fifth Degree and is another one of the few Order secrets I'm not privy to.

youtube.com/watch?v=bpKachYTr-4

>You COULD go straight to the source of the Light but would probably need a more active libido than most.

One time a homeless guy told me that if I ate my cum every time I jerked off I could live forever. Is this what he was talking about?

A few places.

I have a Sexual Magick folder.

For Eastern stuff you may wanna start off with Kiss of the Yogini, which explains the sexual evokatory history of a few strains of Tantra.

In the case of the West, until recently full elaborations of the Thelemic sexual rites were few and far between outside Order grade papers themselves. These days we've been lucky enough to have a publication explosion in the small circulation market. One of the more interesting texts to crop up is Ararita: Elaborations on the Star Sapphire, which breaks down the ritual of the Star Sapphire, or Liber 36, one of Crowley's rewrites to the Hexagram ritual that appeared in Liber 333, the Book of Lies, and is probably one of the chapters that made the OTO hand him a VERY high degree on the spot.

Idk i'm using the Jororowsky one but it's pretty clear half of his "restorations" were his own design. Nothing necessarily bad and he doesn't deviate from the original, but aside from explaining the numerological structure of the deck I have a hard time taking him seriously. Good director tho.

Also I've been meaning to give divination a shot, as I usually only use the Tarot as a contemplative tool bc skepticism. I've done a few readings on div general with polarized results, but the "techniques" I see online seem hogwashy. Any tips?

Also also why christism...

>Is this what he was talking about?
I mean, sorta.
I wouldn't use the male aspect exclusively unless there were special reason to or I was lacking a ritual partner for the production of Kala. It should REALLY be an admixture of comingled sexual fluids.

Obsessive/purely homosexual practices don't create Sapphos and Crowleys.

There must be balance.

See: >555
>youtube.com/watch?v=bpKachYTr-4

So, a charlatan, con-artist, manipulator by means of cult tactics...am I missing anything?

>I have a Sexual Magick folder

>an admixture of comingled sexual fluids.

Go away /b/ shoo

When you talk about needing to have a more active libido than most...I'm assuming this implies creation of the elixir itself on a daily basis? Also, if I took something to artificially enhance my libido, could this be bad? I'm 25, and I can pretty much have sex as much or as little as is asked of me, but I'm not particularly the one initiating it very frequently.

>the "techniques" I see online seem hogwashy
I'd need to know which techniques.

>Also also why christism...
Because these people aren't True Christians like me, but rather Christ-ists. They Idolize the image of the Lord in death, in the case of Catholics. In the case of Proddies it's the Word of God, in English.

Both of these are in stasis. The Catholic Church, to its credit, put a Nihil Obstat and Imprimatur on Mirror of Simple Souls.

I still think they're inferior to Orthodoxy which is itself inferior to the Non-Chalcadonian Oriental churches.

youtube.com/watch?v=aBmeD8KU0hI

>production of Kala
Are there straightforward instructions on how to do this anywhere? All the texts on your mega are full of flowery metaphors but lack direct instruction, which I assume would usually come from a guru or superior

It's pretty easy to hide threads if you don't like what's in them. We're talking historical accuracy of the preparation of an elixir here, it's not exactly off-topic.

>True Christians

What does that mean to you? I'm curious

>True Christians like me
Now that's something I did not expect.
So, was Christ a real man or is he just a symbol?

Yeah, it's a good collection of introductory material. It's got Motta's Equinox 5:4, Sex and Religion, with an annotated and commented edition of Ida Craddock's Heavenly Bridegrooms and Psychic Wedlock, the only reproduction for decades before and after, until we got up to modern times.

It should have the rest of the materials I mentioned.

I mean, if you can give me a good citation that admixed sexual fluids aren't the ideal ingredient of the Cake of Light once contextualized with the grade papers 7-10 of the OTO and with an understanding of Vamacara Tantra, I'll listen.

>I'm assuming this implies creation of the elixir itself on a daily basis?
Exactly.
Hence the use of Cakes of Light. It preserves the essential residuum of the act of production, which itself should be highly ritualized.

>could this be bad
Depends on the compound. I'd say, generally, yes. The male and female components are incredibly susceptible to picking up trace amounts of ingested material. This is actually the purpose of sexual tantric praxes if you buy the endocrine model, which is hard to argue with at the purely physiological level....chakra activation implies endocrine activation which then implies a different chemical makeup for secretions.

>In the case of Proddies it's the Word of God, in English.

Stick to your devil worship stuff; you suck at real spiritualism.

Revelation 19:13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

The book of Lies (ch 36 or 69 I believe) and Star Sapphire explain it fairly well...then there's a piece entitled 'ARARITA: Elaborations on the Star Sapphire' in the Library

I must have missed that Pokemon episode; none of those things sound familiar.

>I'd need to know which techniques.
Simple gnosis before beginning, focusing only on the question etc. My technique at this point is to just clear my mind except for the rhythmic sound of the cards being drawn drawing and to pick one on impulse.

>Because these people aren't True Christians like me, but rather Christ-ists.
I mean you're advocating summoning succubi so I can't take that 100% seriously

> In the case of Proddies it's the Word of God, in English.
Yeah literalism is weird. Like I don't expect most people to have the proper knowledge or free time to interpret the bible correctly, and the catholic clergy dropped the ball on teaching them, but to claim that true christians believe the earth is 6000 years old when Origin established the stupidity of this naught a century after Jesus's death is hard to excuse.

>They Idolize the image of the Lord in death, in the case of Catholics.
His death, among other things, is the ultimate affirmation of the proper path to God. You reject everything worldly and bear the iniquities of the world, sacrificing your mortal self for a divine self. Powerlessness is a vaccum for God's will.

Define Logos without googling it.

I guess so. go back and watch them all beginning with season one.

I just quoted it.

>So, was Christ a real man or is he just a symbol?
Christ was an apparition of Light.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docetism

A LOT. Simon Magus did nothing wrong. St. Cyprian proved it. Miaphysitism is the only thing that makes sense to my mind given the Christian corpus. One physis, and one alone, of both man and God. A single physis electing to manifest different facets of itself is the only reconciliation to the insanity that was Chalcedon, but they rejected it.

They never appealed to me. I think they were for small children, such as yourself.

Yes well HAH you really got me! Man, I bet you feel like an adult! Be sure to go tell your friends you just burned some poor sucker on the internet, now.

>Simon Magus did nothing wrong.

As usual, either the bible is right, or you are right.

Acts 8
But Peter said to him, “May your money be destroyed along with you, because you thought you could buy the [free] gift of God with money! You have no part or share in this matter, because your heart (motive, purpose) is not right before God. So repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray to the Lord that, if possible, this thought of your heart may be forgiven you. For I see that you are provoked by bitterness and bound by sin.”

> For I see that you are provoked by bitterness and bound by sin.”
That's you, too.

Can someone explain the formula of ON? I see it popping up all the time in magickal circles (heh) but I've never seen a straightforward explanation

The famed cum snot pus blood elixer of charlatans?

I'm sure nobody cares.

Spirit Cooking 101

Damn dude we *almost* had a better thread going this round. It can still be rescued, I trust.

>Psychic Wedlock

Autism speaks. Its time to listen

Since when do autistic wiccan threads equal "good"?

>He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.
Pic related, here's your reply.

If you want Kala production, you should probably start with Kiss of the Yogini, then move on to Shri Yantra and the Sidereal Astrology for ritual timing, then Kularnava Tantra and Tantraloka.

Now, if you don't wanna go back through all that laborious work, you can go to the Western materials I and others have already cited like Ararita: Elaborations on the Star Sapphire.

>666
What do you by "apparition of light" in like a physical and material sense? Do you think there have been others like Christ?

They really cannot expect to actually experience wedlock, so, yeah, this is all they got....

>no pic

Damn, dude, you must have collected them all by now! You are truly Poke Master!