So, the reason we don't have to sacrifice animals anymore is because Jesus forgave our sins, right?

So, the reason we don't have to sacrifice animals anymore is because Jesus forgave our sins, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

oxfordbiblicalstudies.com/resource/sacrifice_nt.xhtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matagh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kourbania
theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2011/dec/15/no-role-animal-sacrifice-christianity
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews 1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dating_the_Bible#Table_IV:_New_Testament
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Epistle_to_the_Hebrews
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sure.

No, it's because the Temple was destroyed.

According to Christians, yes.

According to Jews, yes.

Yup. Once and for all. (The animal sacrifices only covered over sin for a year; Jesus' blood took away all of mankind's sin.

No, Jesus was the ultimate blood sacrifice. Once he was sacrificed to himself we didn't have to sacrifice goats and birds any more.

No, that's stupid. For starters, most sacrifices had nothing to do with sin and forgiveness of sin.

We're only limiting the conversation to sacrifices that atoned for sin, and those are blood sacrifices of unblemished animals.

The Jews wandering in the desert had a tent tabernacle.

Jews today don't even have that. No God, no temple, no High Priest, no animal sacrifices, no proper Passover, nothing.

Kind of wonder why they continue calling themselves Jews.

Says who? The OP post certainly doesn't say anything along those lines. And why should certain sacrifices be abolished and not others? Not to mention that nothing in the OT states that blood sacrifice is necessary for forgiveness, and you get some very explicit verses saying otherwise, like Leviticus 5:11-13 (detailing a flour offering), or 2 Chronicles 7:14. (Prayer is apparently good enough).

It is literally crap Paul made up, and ignorant people who never read the OT in their lives believed him, and the meme became too big to overcome.

>So, the reason we don't have to sacrifice animals anymore is because Jesus forgave our sins, right?

Yes, yes he did.

Oh, you're the cruel Jew who would condemn your fellow Jew to hell if they could not afford two sparrows.

No wonder God turned his back on you people.

>Reading comprehension

>Seriously bad reading comprehension.

Are you guys just really stupid? Or is it something along the lines that you realize you can't logically defend your beliefs, so you just make bizarre assertion after bizarre assertion.

>Oh no, I've touched my dick
>*kills a cow*
>There, that'll teach my dick

Jesus isn't real.

It's because Christians only need to abide to moral law from the Old Testament, not civil law.

The Jews actually do continue to sacrifice animals.

The exception was for Jews so poor they could not buy anything that had blood in it.

But they could pick some wheat off the corners of the field and give the priests some flour.

But you? No, you'd provide no way for the poor to be redeemed, because you believe God blesses the rich.

Which is why your only motivation in life is to become rich.

And yet you wonder why you're so hollow inside.

More like, well, if I rape these three kids, I'll have to put in an ox and two sheep.

Worth it!

Jews and Catholics. The only two religions that think you can pay off God for your sins.

Not in a brass altar in the courtyard of the temple they don't.

There have been no accepted animal sacrifices since April of 32 AD, when the scarlet ribbon never again turned white.

>I STILL can't read.

Let me spell it out for you, stupid one. Yes, the very poor could gain atonement (not for all sins, only for unintentional sins, intentional sins had completely different forgiveness requirements like making restitution) by an offering of flour.

Now, stay with me on this one, because it's tricky, but flour does not, repeat NOT have blood in it. Therefore, you do not in fact need blood to get atonement. In fact, other parts of the Bible, like the Chronicles line I mentioned earlier, demonstrate that prayer and repentance give atonement, not sacrifices.

Therefore, the crucifixion is meaningless.

>Bizarre ad hominems.

You might want to reflect why Christianity has always struggled so hard with Jewish converts. It probably has to do with all those completely unfounded claims you guys make about the Jewish religion, which a Gentile wouldn't know the difference about but Jews in fact do.

This is the correct answer.

And Christians still sacrificed animals until the temple was destroyed

false, God never saw Jesus Christ as his son. Sacrificing him was for the lulz because he didn't like him and turned him into an example. God then went on to enslave all of Europe, make them dirt poor, and send them on a centuries long quest to bring civilization to the rest of the earth while the jews and muslims chilled and ran things

I'll take Aaron Budjen's word on that subject over yours, as you are going to hell and he is not.

See, he was smart enough to actually study the messianic prophecies, and come to the only logical conclusion available.

Either Yehoshua is the Messiah, or there is no Messiah.

You can catch up with him on living god ministries dot net. And you should.

Because his grasp of both the old and new covenants makes you look like the child that you are.

You may think your grasp of the law is impressive to gentiles, but it is not. You are lost without a compass when it comes to understanding your own religion.

Aaron will set you straight. You want to live by the Law? Fine! Do it 100%! See how that works out for you!

Christians do not sacrifice animals, sorry. Not everyone who says they're a christian is a christian.

The entire book of Hebrews addresses that point. There are no more effective sacrifices after Jesus offered himself up as the Lamb of God.

Matthew 3:17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

Matthew 17:5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!”

He replied, "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. (Matthew 15:13)

But metaphor is as far as Paul goes. He never says, "Jesus is a true sacrifice, and the Temple sacrifices are not."

Bullshit.

Hebrews 10:1 [ Animal Sacrifices Insufficient ] For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect.

2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.

For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings. (Hosea 6:6)

Christians still sacrifice animals today

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matagh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kourbania

theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2011/dec/15/no-role-animal-sacrifice-christianity

Hebrews 10
Christ’s Death Fulfills God’s Will
Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:

“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me.
In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
You had no pleasure.
Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come—
In the volume of the book it is written of Me—
To do Your will, O God.’”
Previously saying, “Sacrifice and offering, burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them” (which are offered according to the law), then He said, “Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God.” He takes away the first that He may establish the second. By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Not everyone who says Lord, Lord will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." (Matthew 9:13)

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews 1
Enjoy

Hebrews was post-dates the destruction of the temple was not actually written by Paul

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dating_the_Bible#Table_IV:_New_Testament
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Epistle_to_the_Hebrews

Paul participates in animal sacrifice himself in acts 21:23–26, 24:17

Seriously, read this link

For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them." (Matthew 18:20)

>Hebrews was post-dates the destruction of the temple was not actually written by Paul

False, and false.

Acts 21: The Council at Jerusalem sacrificed zero animals.

Therefore do what we tell you: We have four men who have taken a vow. 24 Take them and be purified with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads, and that all may know that those things of which they were informed concerning you are nothing, but that you yourself also walk orderly and keep the law. 25 But concerning the Gentiles who believe, we have written and decided that they should observe no such thing,[d] except that they should keep themselves from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality.”

Acts 24: This is MONEY.

“Now after many years I came to bring alms and offerings to my nation,

1 Corinthians 16
Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given orders to the churches of Galatia, so you must do also: 2 On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come. 3 And when I come, whomever you approve by your letters I will send to bear your gift to Jerusalem. 4 But if it is fitting that I go also, they will go with me.

Are you even a Christian?

1 Timothy 3 Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full[a] respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?) 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.

>Hebrews was post-dates the destruction of the temple
You have to be trolling. No one can be this stupid.

the original King James Version of the Bible titled the work "The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Hebrews"

Your links suck as much as you do. They're wiki.

Acts 21:26, NRSV
Then Paul took the men, and the next day, having purified himself, he entered the temple with them, making public the completion of the days of purification when the sacrifice would be made for each of them

Acts 24:17, NRSV
Now after some years I came to bring alms to my nation and to offer sacrifices.

Proposals to Pauline authorship seem to be most common and there is internal evidence that suggests that Hebrews was written by him. There is the closing salutation "Grace be with you all" (Heb. 13:5) which seems to be a common theme with Paul which appears in his epistles (Rom. 1:7; 1 Cor. 1:3; 2 Cor. 1:2; Gal. 1:3; Eph. 1:2; Phil. 1:2; Col. 1:2; 1 Thess. 1:1; 2 Thess. 1:2, etc.). The final verses of Hebrews says, "But I urge you, brethren, bear with this word of exhortation, for I have written to you briefly. 23 Take notice that our brother Timothy has been released, with whom, if he comes soon, I shall see you. 24 Greet all of your leaders and all the saints. Those from Italy greet you. 25 Grace be with you all," (Heb. 13:22-25). In this we see Timothy who was a companion of Paul the apostle (1 Cor. 4:17; 2 Cor. 1:1,19; 16:10; Cor. 1:19). Also, there is mention of imprisonment (Heb. 10:34; 13:19) and being in Italy (Heb. 13:24), both of which imply it is Paul. But, if that is the case, then why didn't he sign the letter as he usually does? It could be that his anonymity is due to the desire not to offend the Hebrews due to his conversion from Judaism to Christianity.

It says offering, not sacrifice

Who said this?

For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law;

Hint: It was Paul.

Your inference is that Paul thought sacrifices were necessary in Christianity, and/or that early Christians made sacrifices on a regular basis.

Your inference is false.

Matthew 18:2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

I should add that the true inference is that James demanded these sacrifices be made, as James is a Judaizer, and at this council, Paul needed that right hand of fellowship from the so-called pillars of the faith, Peter, James and John, in order to continue preaching the gospel with the imprimatur of the "real" apostles.

It's almost always about context. Always search for the context.

the bible is all bullshit which why you dont get a skill from reading it or following it

It's spiritually discerned, and you are spiritually dead.

Were you to become resurrected to life, to become a born again Christian, you would find that your opinion of the bible would be radically altered.

>If you drink the cool-aid and stop thinking, it all makes sense!
FTFY

If you become a temple for the Holy Spirit of God, he teaches you the things of God.

There is a God; he proved who he is. That you cannot understand that does not speak volumes for your intellectual capacity.

Isaiah 65:20 “Never again will there be in it
an infant who lives but a few days,
or an old man who does not live out his years;
the one who dies at a hundred
will be thought a mere child;
the one who fails to reach a hundred
will be considered accursed.
21 They will build houses and dwell in them;
they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 No longer will they build houses and others live in them,
or plant and others eat.
For as the days of a tree,
so will be the days of my people;
my chosen ones will long enjoy
the work of their hands.
23 They will not labor in vain,
nor will they bear children doomed to misfortune;
for they will be a people blessed by the Lord,
they and their descendants with them.
24 Before they call I will answer;
while they are still speaking I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox,
and dust will be the serpent’s food.
They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,”
says the Lord.

Millennial Kingdom prophecy. It will come true when Jesus rules the world from Jerusalem in the near future.

1. Murder the Messiah.
2. Reject the Kingdom.
3. Kvetch about the Murdered Messiah not bringing in the Rejected Kingdom.

Jews.

Moses was wrong. He should have let God wipe them all out, and start over.

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. (Matthew 6:33)