Griffes

Why did the term griffe fall out of favor as a descriptor for black Americans?

It is unique and rolls of the tongue better than black American or African-American, terms that subtley misrepresent this unique ethnic group.

Other urls found in this thread:

assets.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2015/06/ST_2015-06-11_multiracial-americans_01-01.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because this is not colonial U.S. or contemporary Haiti and white people never cared about non-black ancestry.

Get over your race quantum autism

This doesn't answer my question at all.

Why did it fall out of favor, to be replaced by cumbersome misrepresenting terms?

It just doesn't make any sense at all.

>whites don't care about non-black ancestry.

Dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

Whites in the colonial era quickly realized that the value of black people was not in identifying their white ancestry as something to differentiate. It feel out of use because the white American population sought to limit "stepping" stones to whiteness and the census actively told the census takers from marking them down.

In the 1930's all of African descent were Negro/coloured/black

Stupid retard
assets.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2015/06/ST_2015-06-11_multiracial-americans_01-01.png

So the more recent terms like African-American, which is now literally carved into stone actually have deep seated racist origins.

Why did these new subtley racists terms coincide with the mass European immigration into America in the 19th and 20th centuries?

>Griffes
>Means "Claws" in french
Is there a reason for why this term was choosen ?

Because mixed race people were only recognized when it was absolutely necessary but as White populations grew mixed race people always disdained for their blackness were swiped to the side

> Be particularly careful to distinguish between blacks, mulattos, quadroons, and octoroons. The word "black" should be used to describe those persons who have three-fourths or more black blood; "mulatto," those persons who have from three-eighths to five-eighths black blood; "quadroon," those persons who have one-fourth black blood; and "octoroon," those persons who have one-eighth or any trace of black blood.

African American and Black American were names chosen by black people in America. They have the right to dictate their name and not have white folks do it. No one with any knowledge of history would be so stupid as to seek white validation of rape blood.

Google griffes race. I didn't just make it up out of the blue. It was the term for Americanized blacks before neuvo-racism kicked in.

It's still a term rooted in racism and is no better than negro

African-American was not a term selected by black people. We didn't vote to make Jesse Jackson our spokesperson, he was put in place by Jews and commies. Most black Americans loathe the term African-American, and cringe when they hear it.

How was griffe rooted in racism, please explain? Negro got bastardized and can also apply to indigenous Africans, so is not specific enough.

It's a formal term but one that's used by black Americans who identify with Africa as their original homeland "a cow in a pig pen isn't a pig"

Also it's used by whites mostly but still Black people named it, stop being a dumbass with that J00z shit
Griffe and other blood quantum categories were used to create hostility towards africanness and blackness of mixed race descent people.

There is no African hostility in it, but being purely Afro centric misrepresents who we are, and does so with a cumbersome "hyphenated American" word.

Africa is our homeland, but so is Europe. We are a new world ethnicity, a uniquely American product, and that is the point.

Because every term for black people gets deemed "racist" after a while. "Negro", "colored", "black", and "Afro-American" were all considered acceptable terms until they chimped out about each one in turn.

My guess is that we'll all live to see the day that "African American" is deemed "racist" for one stupid reason or another.

There is literally no appeasing these people.

African American? I thought it was African Diaspora these days.

That's not true. Mulattos given preferential treatment and access to things blacks didn't creates caste systems and social norms that seek to distance blackness from mixed race people.

The definitions were formed in times were blackness was equated to inferiority.
No you fool, most ex slave descendants will not claim or honor rapist ancestry. Leave that to Dominicans.
Someone's easily triggered

That's generally used to talk about all the black groups out of Africa or the US. Jamaican Panamanian/Nigerian Briton/black american all included undr the term

Why don't white Americans go around calling themselves European-Americans.

No BLM is saying not to use African American any more but African Diaspora, it will be the new term in a few years

Mulattos are essentially just first generation griffe, 50/50.

what the shit?
If I have indian ancestry and move from Saffa to burgerland what do I become?

They do sometimes but most can pin point the nation's their ancestors come from
BLM is not a monolithic, different factions and chapters have their own view and their vie for attention and power. Also it's not like black activists even actively follow or listen to BLM at this point.

I dunno the thought leaders of America blacks are changing their preferred term every 2.5 decades it seems

No and you know exactly why

We are leaderless those boomers are cucked to the max.

Even then, rarely and only in certain contexts do they refer to themselves with hyphenated terminology.

BLM is not blacks spokespeople, but neither are the cucked boomers who started the "African-American" shit.

No one is saying they're the spokesmen but if they screech loud enough they will be listened to the most.

>Why did the term griffe fall out of favor as a descriptor for black Americans?

Because it's a useless term you dumbass.
It's not even useful at all because no oen gives fuck if you area 1/4 white, it's autism to even use a term to distinguish that specific level of ancestry.
And Blacks with Indian decent have their own identities.

South African-American or to be more specific Indian-South African-American. Africans use their nationalizes like Nigerian American. Don't know how people still not get this lol

>so is Europe.

Lol no. What idiot thinks that?

When everything is considered, language, culture, history, black americans represent a unique ethnic group in and of themselves. The euro admixture is just one component and exists on a wide spectrum.

Why shouldn't a mullato consider his European ancestry a part of his heritage? Because the African American studies professor said it's wrong think?

It's not about thinking it. It's genetics. Why should I completely ignore a significant aspect of my heritage? Honestly I would never pedestalize my euro or Afro heritage. I am American first and foremost, a unique product of American history.

Because most African-Americans were a result of white slave masters sticking their dicks in their black slaves, literally rape babies. Any self respecting black would want to detach themselves from impure ancestry.

Nigga please, 90% of american blacks who look lighter have a white ancestor much more recent than slave times.

Can you prove that it was rape.

Even if that was true, the child is just as related to the raper as the rapee.

Why do whites love to push victim hood mentality on blacks?

Because they never really were a part of it and they were specifically denied of their European heritage by society itself back then.

Because it's just autistic racial quantum bs. No one gives a fuck if you are a quarter white because back then you are still a nigger and now, does it really matter to even deign using the term?

Because your Euro heritage is minimal as fuck.

They speak English.
One should never let others define who they are. This upsets you because it deconstructs a mindset of subconscious white supremacy with a single word. They are not European nor African, they are simply American. Stop trying to undermine their birthright.

I'm probably whiter than you, not that it matters. Would my skintone blend seamlessly into the Congo? Disregard the tatt.

Anybody feel where I'm coming from his hashtag #griffe on twitter. Bring back griffe.

>literal nigger-power tat

HAHAHAHA

It's not a "nigger power" tatt it's the Jamaican flag, a vestige of "muh heritage" phase.

The term African American appropriates the culture of actual Africans.

How so?

Not really.

#killyourself

Do they speak the language?
Do they uphold the traditions?
Do they get to claim the empires?
What about them being part European?

A black so called "African American" would have a much easier time assimilating in England than anywhere in Africa. They're not Europeans either they are simply Americans. #griffe

Let real Africans have their culture. #griffe

You got issues brah

You came in here just to say that. You could have just kept moving. Why does this upset you?

"Just call them niggers."

OP is desperately seeking to be recognized as a whitened and whitening negro.

It's sad

Is OP that second guy in your image.

Why does an accurate descriptor, and self-defining bother people so much.

Griffe isn't just something the OP made up it's a real classification.

Bump

I always saw African-American as more of a cultural as well as ethnic griup, so named because of the blending of African and European cultures that happened in the deep south during slavery, resulting in a distinct black culture. I don't see how it is inaccurate taking this historical context into account.

Why don't whites call themselves European-American? What about real Africans. It would be wrong if I appropriated culture in pic. It complete ignores black Americans euro aspect and is too Afrocentric. It is just as retarded as calling black Americans. European-Americans. All these long words. We need something short and simple and unique to us. We were originally called griffes. Why not use griffe?