Difference between Celts and Germans

Genetically, How different where Gauls and Germans. Also how different where Gauls to Britons and Pict's?

Other urls found in this thread:

dx.doi.org/10.15184/aqy.2017.17
nature.com/nature/journal/v522/n7555/full/nature14317.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Orange
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They all bled the same, citizen.

Nobody gave a shit about genetics before the 1800s.

Race is unimportant. Ethnicity is everything.

How do you think we're supposed to know that? Do you think there were any geneticists running around in the 2nd century?

From what I understand the Gauls were considerably more advanced than their neighbours to the north and east.

They had cities, writing (although mostly used for mundane purposes), road networks and rather efficient government.
There are also quite a lot of inventions that seem to have originated in Gaul, including much of the arms and armour that the Romans ended up using to conquer it.

Oh yeas the culture gene

What a shit thread

Get out

Francophiles fuck off

go back to /pol/ with your geneshit

Its true though, the Gauls had much more advanced agriculture and a much more sophisticated society than the Germans to the East, who were largely slash-and-burn or hunter gatherers. There were some Germanic groups who had the same level of sophistication as the Gauls, in Switzerland I think, so it wasn't a hard cut ethnic/technological border, but Gaul was a much more advanced region than Germany, which is why it could be conquered by the Romans while Germany was so poor and backwards that it was difficult for the Romans to do so.

I thought they passed history down orally and that's why we have no evidence as to how they live other than archeological evidence?

Could this be attributed to influence by nearby mediterranean civilizations?

Roman accounts of Gaul probably.

Well the Alps exist to stop tech from spreading to Germany so I suppose that that would make sense. The entire Mediterranean was trading so I expect a lot of southern Gauls to be more organized

A lot of official stuff was either done purely orally (fucking druids) or was destroyed, we only have the most mundane stuff such as writing on pottery marks, ("Bob made this for John") stuff lake that.

Some exceptions exist, such as the extremely complex Coligny calender.

It would make sense if some Greek stuff rubbed off onto the Gauls around Marseilles.

They were and still are very close genetically. The spread of Indo-European languages and cultures was only marginally correlated with population movements. Essentially, non-Indo-European speaking neolithic people spread in both Gaul and Germany became celticized and germanized without much change genetically. The same pattern is even more noticeable in, say, Hungary, which is indistinguishable genetically from its neighbors even though its language, the language of the Magyar conquerors, is completely non Indo-European.

Bullshit. Your ideas are out of date.

dx.doi.org/10.15184/aqy.2017.17

Spread of IE languages has been verified as a mass migration and mass extermination of local males butt mass breeding of neolithic females

Sooo propaganda?

Exactly so we don't really know much about the Gauls civilization besides "mundane" archeological finds.

>mass extermination of local males butt mass breeding of neolithic females
what the shit

This is what the archaeologists and geneticists investigating it all agree about it.
Males got the axe, women got the dick.

The invading Yamna were very strict about not letting foreign males into their group.

>one study conclusions
>doesn't even post the sister study which the abstract itself recommends as supplementation
>clearly hasn't read the study itself

Spot the pseud with confirmation bias "I-I READ AN ABSTRACT SO I'M RITE"

How would writing down what Gauls did be propaganda. Its not Like Romans put up posters saying Gauls are a bunch of primitive apes.

I've read it you idiot. You should too.
They have other sources too. It's science.

nature.com/nature/journal/v522/n7555/full/nature14317.html

This is a very strong paper

Neoliths got fucked now get over it.

Except they sort of did. Not literal posters, but when we look at a lot of things that Romans wrote down about foreign cultures, they oftentimes contradict the archaeological record and even contradict what other Romans wrote. By some sort of means, they were spreading propaganda.

Demonising your enemies is nothing new. A lot of Roman writing about the Gauls specifically was extremely propagandistic.

Oppida look comfy as fuck

Gauls/Celts = Red Hair

Germanics = Blonde hair

Germans = black hair
French = black hair

black hair = Mediterraneans and chinks
brown hair = slavs

Mongols = Red Hair
Celts = Red Hair

Celts conquered Mongolia confirmed.

Check out the tarim mummies.

Tall blonde white people were pushed West by the mongolians. Where they enlightened India and created the ancient Aryans of Persia

WE

Britons = brown and red hair
Gauls = brown hair
Germanics = blonde hair
Balto-slavs = brown and blonde hair
Getae and thracians = brown and black hair

WUZ

*blocks your path*

>Balto-slavs = brown and blonde hair
>Getae and thracians = brown and black hair
Mullatoes

>Mullatoes
a Mullah's toes?

Celts are a much older group right? People talk about them but I don't know what were the other groups that were their contemporaries. Proto-Slavs I guess.

ARYANZ

Didn't Celts have blonde hair to?

They bleached it with soap

hair color varied back then too

It's safe to assume that back 2000 years ago red-hair was a primarily Celtic trait and that over 50-60% had red hair back then.

Veeky Forums is a Francophile board, Wheraboos not welcome, Anglos are tolerated.

>Genetically

Not hugely. Scandinavians are quite distinct but mainland Germanics not so much.
>Also how different where Gauls to Britons and Pict's?

"Gaul" is a Germanic term, the pre-Roman inhabitants of France were the Vascones (Basques), the Celtoi, and the Belgae (who may have spoken Germanic languages). The Britons had frequent interchange with the Celtoi and the Belgae invaded Britain in the century before the Romans so genetically it would be very hard to tell the apart. The Picts are just Britons, although they were far more isolated and so presumably closer to the aboriginal genepool, but the history of Scotland makes it nigh impossible to isolate "Pictish" genes from those of other Britons and Irishmen.

>he wrote, in English

Are you legit mentally challenged?

It's not common in the mainland except in places with known British/Irish admixture

Many Gauls lived in the Alps though.

>The Britons had frequent interchange with the Celtoi and the Belgae

The Britons were a celtic tribe bud.

>Not hugely. Scandinavians are quite distinct but mainland Germanics not so much.

modern germans =/ ancient germans

The R1b haplogroup is most closely associated with the Celtic race. Germanics are I1, modern day Germans are a mix of Germanic tribes and Germanicized Celts Jews and Slavs.

I'm a Slav.

>It's not common in the mainland except in places with known British/Irish admixture

Celts were ethnically cleansed from mainland europe for the past 2000 years.

>The Britons were a celtic tribe bud.

No they weren't, "bud". They were numerous tribes and tribal federations that spoke Celtic languages, not a single tribe. The Romans conquered the island by playing tribes off of one another.

In that case I forgive you.

No, what's more likely is that in Ireland and Scotland there lived people who had a majority readheads and that they got cuckolded by the brown haired Celtic bulls from the mainland.

Red hair is doubly recessive, it's expression is a sign of inbreeding. Modern Ireland has fewer redheads not because the gene is gone, but because modern Irish have greater genetic diversity and thus the double recessive ginger gene is less often expressed.

t. total war faggot

Ireland has been inhabited for 9000 years, Celts arrived there 2500 years ago.

Natives had to be redheads because the gene is so uncommon in Celtic populations.

Sure I don't disagree. But the gene is still there, and if the world collapses back to subsistence levels for a few hundred years, cutting Ireland off from fresh genetic stock, red hair will become prevalent across the island once more.

> No.2628459

That sounds a bit stretched. Any sources?

>have greater genetic diversity

Due to Roman and Germanic (anglo) rape.

>by the brown haired Celtic bulls from the mainland.
>kek cucked French rapebaby

Mainland Celts were genocided by the Black-haired J2 Romans, which is why France speaks a latin bastard language not Celtic and they don't have Red hair anymore.

The Ginger/Celtic race today is endangered

Protip: to reply to somone, just click on their number.

>The Ginger/Celtic race today is endangered
no.

Doesn't work like that. It depends on if red haired women are more desirable and whether it matters if they are.

Welcome to Veeky Forums new friend

>Due to Roman and Germanic (anglo) rape.

Doesn't really matter where it comes from, genetic diversity is essential to prevent inbreeding and all its ills. Unfortunately for red-head lovers, genetic diversity also suppresses the expression of red hair genes.

Also stop reading Berresford-Ellis, he's been debunked to hell and back, there was no "celtic genocide".

>Due to roman and Germanic (Anglo) rape.
Wasn't he talking about Ireland?

Red hair is highly polarising, some people hate it but others can't get enough. It follows that red hair genes are fairly strongly selected for, and so still quite prevalent. It's just that they're dormant for the majority of carriers.

>Doesn't work like that. It depends on if red haired women are more desirable and whether it matters if they are.

Historically the ancient Celts had a strong cult around Red-hair and so Red-headed women/men were most sought after in Celtic society which is why it eventually became dominant (until the fall of Celtic Civilization).

>the orange in Ireland's flag wasn't an accident

>Wasn't he talking about Ireland?

Ireland was raped by the Anglos for centuries, can you not into history?

>The Irish government has described the symbolism behind each colour as being that "green represents the older Gaelic tradition while the orange represents the supporters of William of Orange. The white in the centre signifies a lasting truce between the 'Orange' and the 'Green'."

>>the orange in Ireland's flag wasn't an accident
The Irish flag stands for peace between Catholics and Protestants.

Aquitani not Vascones

Gaul/Gallia is a celtic word

Celts are perhaps the worst group when it comes to surviving. They were spread from Britain to Anatolia and they got wasted everywhere in the end.

The paper says they practiced exogamy, not that they were genocidal. In fact it explicitly states that yamnaya communities and neoltithic cultures were able to coexist.

they've done studies showing that redheads get fucked more

>Gaul/Gallia is a celtic word

No. Gaul is from the Germanic word for "celto-roman", and is a cognate with Wales. Gallia is a completely unrelated word, the resemblence between the two is, quite literally, just a coincidence: In fact Gallia is still used in some French placenames in it's modern form of Jaille.

So? Plenty of peoples have ceased to exist entirely, and for a culture that never achieved civilization they've been pretty influential and persistent.

I think the first people to start having children with Ireland where Normans. I don't know anything about Anglo's ever raping Irish for centuries. Unless your talking about the British Empire which is after Normans and vikings.

>posting the offical BS story

Btw there is no orange on the coat of arms of the "Prince of Orange"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Orange

And the "Prinsenvlag" created later in the 16th century also had blue and white....so why just orange-red. The Celts are naturally attracted to it

Hence it's selected for. Even a plain red-haired girl can attract a quality mate from among the pool of "men who love redheads", even if that pool is smaller than the pool of "men who hate redheads".

So? Are you unaware that the followers of William use orange as their color? Why are you disputing the meaning of a flag with a very recent history and a clearly stated symbolism?

>implying

>which is after Normans and vikings.

>both Germanic (Blonde) peoples

All of the British Isles were one big ginger "ireland" when the blonde Anglo-Saxons arrived and started Genocide.

Actually after the fall of Rome, the Irish raided and colonised Britain extensively, taking large numbers of slaves, at least some of whom would have been of Roman ancestry. Saint Patrick was a Welshman who was taken to Ireland as a slave.

Agreed.

I was just lamenting the fact that they are gone. What little I know of Celtic history, culture and society, they were quite fascinating.

Contrast that with Arabs and how they spread.

>Btw there is no orange on the coat of arms of the "Prince of Orange"
doesn't stop dutch people from waving orange flags you faggot

>And the "Prinsenvlag" created later in the 16th century also had blue and white....so why just orange-red. The Celts are naturally attracted to it
every human that isn't colorblind is attracted to orange. never been out hunting you stupid nigga? ever heard of fire you dummy?

Yes it's a shame, I'd like to have seen what a Greco-Celtic civilisation might have looked like, in many ways the Celts had superior social mores to the Romans, not least in how they treated their womenfolk.

Kek. Charlamagne was literally a bastard.

Franks were Blonde Germanics who racemixed with Darky Meds

Indeed, it would appear that Celtic societies were far more just and moral compared to many of not only their age but this age as well.

Vikings/Normans = Anglos

There was no meds in Gaul :)

Amminius Marcelenius say before the conquest of Gaul by the Franks, that the Gauls were still blond

The reality is that we(French) invaded Gauls killed all the blond cucks taken their women, then we did the same with blond germscums

I wouldn't go that far, the Celts had some peculiarities of their own. They were very superstitious, for example, and they were very boastful and prideful. They also practised the cultural traditions of the vendetta (kill one of my clan and I'll kill all of yours) and cattle raiding, which was endemic and near constant. The various Celtic tribes lived in a state of near-constant low level war as a result of these customs.

You need psychological help.
You post about this shit obsessively.

Wouldn't vikings be Scandinavian? I don't think a German back than would call the Vikings German just because there blonde, that go's for Normans to.

>Amminius Marcelenius say before the conquest of Gaul by the Franks, that the Gauls were still blond

That's because the Romans at the time never saw redhair and so he didn't know how to classify it. Or those gauls were mixed with neighboring germanic tribes.

>The reality is that we(French) invaded Gauls killed all the blond cucks taken their women, then we did the same with blond germscums

The reality is that the Franks are a blonde Germanic tribe that became catholics and racemixed with the Meds of Northern Italy and Southern France eventually cucking out and replacing their German for Latin.

Same story with the Normans.

>The reality is that the Franks are a blonde Germanic tribe that became catholics and racemixed with the Meds of Northern Italy and Southern France eventually cucking out and replacing their German for Latin.

This. The Franks are a lot lie the Yuan dynasty of China, they become completely corrupted by the culture of their subject people and became more Roman than the Romans.

>it would appear that Celtic societies were far more just and moral

Dude Celtic societies were like a 24/7 Irish bar fight

t. schlomo goldshekelbergstein