Who here unironically hoards physical silver and gold?

Who here unironically hoards physical silver and gold?

Where do you get it

how do you stop silver from tarnishing?
put it in something airtight?

Why not just buy some gold stock?

APMEX is a great online dealer

You can't rub stock all over your body and smell it

You can buy online

If it's airtight it won't tarnish. If it does tarnish, put it in on aluminum foil in some boiling water with baking soda

Jmbullion, they accept bitcoin too

The real stuff? I want to be able to hold it

yeah, i spent about 3k on it, regret that i didnt put that into bitcoin 5-6 years ago, would be a millionaire and laugh at you poor fags with your small dick 1 oz coins while i have 1kg-1000 oz bars laying on the floor.

wait, do you put the baking soda in the foil with the silver? or outside with the water?

have silver, am a no coiner... FML

Yes. See

everything goes in the pot. Put the silver on the foil in the water then add the baking soda and boil. I got it from a youtube video. It worked pretty well

Have this many silver

oh i misread i thought you said to wrap the silver in foil my bad im silly, thanks btw.

Mirin. I have about ~20

>Where do you get it

silver seems pretty cheap, especially compared to gold...what has the price trend been historically?

I know Warren Buffett is not invested in metals personally, but I'm not sure why.

its for faggots who cant afford to invest in something actually valuable like a company or a lambourghini. Things that will actually rise in value over time

If you open a Uphold.com account, you can transfer your BTC, LTC or ETH into Silver, Gold, Platinum and Palladium among other currencies.

I have 22 onces of silver

It's a hedge you morons

I have about $1500 worth of g&s

If I ever move out my crackhead brother will probably find my hidden location, because I forgot to bring it with me

If I ever want to see it I'll probably have to sell it for 10% under market value to some shitskin piece of shit

Warren Buffett cares about assets that generate value even if their intrinsic value drops to zero. In one of his talks he compares metals to other assets like companies or land, but in this case land

For $X you could buy the entire farmland of the US. For that same $X you could buy a block of gold of a certain size

Which one is more useful? The gold is literally useless - clearly the farmland is superior

He doesn't just rely on assets whose intrinsic value is going to go up hypothetically, but rather assets who are generating more value. Like businesses.

Did I hear silver thread?

adjusted for inflation silver is historically a money loser

I own silver it but i think i'm starting to accept that it's not worth buying unless some kind of new technology comes out and demand for silver shoots up like crazy, because it definitely is being manipulated. I also own 1/4 of an ounce of gold.

because it's so heavily manipulated. we silver buyers are betting on the manipulation stopping...at some point......maybe...

question, do people like you also invest in gold? because with that amount of silver you'd have a smaller amount of gold. but it'd be gold nonetheless. why not convert it?

Soooo... If Warren Buffett had his head out his ass he'd want a PoS coin?

no point in buying gold, unless you have hundreds of thousands of dollars to spend.

coin shop just down the street. Its more of a "just in case" the shtf...which has been hyped as being just around the corner for the last 8+ years after the Leiman crash. I know its coming eventually.

how would one ironically hoard gold and silver

kys we are tired of this thread.

dig a hole

where's the irony

>dig down
>find irony ore
it seems p simple to me senpai

Sitting on 2100 ounces Ag right now.

Would be pretty expensive to hoard them just to be ironic.

I believe in precious metals as a hedge and value retainer when fiat dies (and it will).
But you zerohedge fagots going on about pm prices being "held down" by "the man" are like fucking niggers.
Every market is "manipulated" fags, you are either a winner or a loser in the game you play.

Just curious. Does it worth to buy Iridium?

Got around 150 silver coins.
They're just sitting there for now, but i know someday they'll save my or my grandsons' life in a post-Armageddon/Economic collapse scenario.
Being 100% dependent on fiat is just silly, gotta diversify your wealth.

also trying my best to get all the cash i have out of the bank and invest in a safe to keep everything in it.

It's not a monetary metal which is where you want to be right now considering we are in a hyperinflation. What is irdium used for?

Iridium's toxic and you shouldn't touch it. Osmium too. Also, it's pretty rare on earth, if you had too much aliens might be able to sense it from orbit and raid your house if they needed it. They'd probably do things to your butt.

I know they use it for satellites, it resists vacuum cementing and micrometeorites.

No, I only ironically hoard it

Have around 100kg in my basement for the irony

Currently have 3 oz of gold and like 13 oz of silver. Probably just sell the silver and stick with gold.

>hedge

You mean marketing bullshit that can be statistically disproved?

Yes

Basically he like things that pay dividends

Iridium is for example used as a chemical catalyst in some industrial processes

I collect old quarter that are made out of silver. Have about 10lbs worth now. But no I dont actively collect gold/silver.

Therefore, it will be more coveted in a future.

yeah dude, heres my VERY modest horde

>buying physical precious metals

I loves me some historical silver.

you can buy on jm bullion with bitcoin and they'll give you a 4% discount

this makes mustard gas

How do you buy gold bars? How to avoid scams? Where to store them? How to cash it in a future?

dumb frog posters

>How do you buy gold bars?
Online my boy. Apmex, JMbullion, I use Bullion Exchanges. NEVER Ebay. Also, its best to buy in bulk, as shipping prices can really, really fuck you.
>How to avoid scams?
Know the current spot price. You will always have to pay premiums of some sort, shipping, ect, but you always want to shoot for closest to spot as possible. Unless of course you're buying numismatics (collectables), in that case premiums can be quite high.
Also, remember, there is no such thing as a free lunch, especially when it comes to precious metals.
>How to cash it in a future?
Best to sell it to another person, say on Craigs list or something. That way you can sell for spot price, maybe add your own premiums, and that person would still get a bit of a deal. Win/Win.
NEVER to pawn shops or coin shops, I've heard stories about them only offering like 80% spot price.

If you're new, be prepared to make a few mistakes. Its an essatial part of the process. Dont beat yourself up about it.

Can confirm. It's where I turn my bitcoin profits into something physical

I have a modest pile.

This guy is who aspire that be in the future.

Herp.

Our stacks are similar -_- Dont aspire so low

I have
>7 grams gold +some 14k scrap jewelry
>14.5 ounces silver
>1 pound 8 ounces copper + the bag of copper pennies

Very modest

surprised no one has mentioned providentmetals. they even let u buy with bitcoin!

I thought the copper was 1oz gold bars yeah I think I have more since I have a 1/4 oz gold coin and 1/10oz gold coin plus well over 20 oz of silver.

I really appreciate this info, user.

I'm checking JMbullion right now, and I would like to ask if it's a good idea to pay directly with BTC in order to avoid taxes (I'm living in a southern Europe country).

FUCK no hahaha i wish, must be the shit camera quality
and yeah, you've deff got a bit more than I do. But ill get there soon user ;)

I have some silver as absolute backup currency in case everything goes to shit and I somehow am able to fight off the roving biker gangs.

But as an investment silver is shit.

Why would you ever hoard this shit?

If the world collapses, buy a gun instead. Then you can just rob whatever you need

THATS BECAUSE PRECIOUS METALS ARE NOT AN INVESTMENT

THEY ARE A HEDGE AGAINST INFLATION

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU?

There is an argumentto be made that the silver will skyrocket,back to the historical gold : Silver ratio, as we use more silver in industry and mine less

chill, you entitled teenager

Tarnishing wont affect value AT ALL if you are just trading bullion. If you have coins, tarnishing isnt bad...cleaning on the other hand, will ruin and coins value down to its metal worth.
airtites arent worth it for any bar, dont let the jews sell you that...that cleaning method does work, but once again. NEVER USE ON COINS EVER

I collect and trade metals, and desu it has made me way more money that crypto, and ive made over 3k to the bank in crypto the last two weeks.

it is a hedge technically, because it has an inverse relationship with strength of fiat currency.

but gold/silver is something people will want for the rest of time...it has been too established over 1000's of years and is vital in high technologies.
>meh meh asteroid mining will end its worth
we have a hard time landing on small platforms for re entry, how are you going to move thousands of tons of cargo through a space freighter to earth anytime soon? you wont.

im giving it a minimum of 35 years before it is evne remotely viable, and then, its still iffy.

if you unironically think having some shiny rocks is going to save you from me and my mad max gang during the apocalypse that is just sad

i'm going to chin check you and take both your sandwich and your silver """"""stash"""""""" of one coin

also those are engelhard bars in that guys picture...which command a very high premium

Once I am out of debt by the end of the year I'll probably get buying again along with real investing into mutual funds. On my computer now.

This you get gold and silver because you expect total economic collapse and you want to be a warlord once society begins to rebuild, hedge against inflation, and/or you just like hoarding gold and silver and like to laugh at your poorfag family.

If I actually made it big in crypto I'd have 35% of my savings in gold, silver and copper.

What if I open the sealed box of a gold bar?

yes of course I hoard silver, everyone should

>This you get gold and silver because you expect total economic collapse and you want to be a warlord once society begins to rebuild, hedge against inflation, and/or you just like hoarding gold and silver and like to laugh at your poorfag family.

I like storing my gold/silver in my gun safe. Feels very John Wick everytime I open it up.

I hoard it but only ironically.
>Dude check out what I bought
>a bunch of shiny metal
>I'm going to get soooo rich dude lmao

Don't do it right now tho. Silver is dirt cheap compared to gold right now.

it releases mustard gas

I did before I got into Bitcoin and ALatcoin

Then I figured I had much better opportunities to become rich with crypto because al the good collectors' coins are already hoarded by rich people and Gold is stored up in central banks. It's like a rigged game where even if gold and silver succeed the central banks are still king because they own most of it.
Crypto, on the other hand, is a new realm.

EW numismatics, not real silver stacking.
You deal in collecables. Might as well buy old pokemon cards

You do have some nice pieces there though.
Would you sell me a 1oz kook and a 1oz Ox my dude?
>Totally serious

Sterling ftw

Still better than touching a jew.

who fucking cares?

oz pirate horders dont care, its raw weight they want

collectors items always come in sealed containers from the mint

remember to always be into both. collector value is not linked to spot value. this gives you more opportunities to gain irrespective of the wider market conditions

Because silver bullets kill vampires. I have a kit and can melt mine down when the time comes. Don't think gold bullets kill anything special.

I paid less than $800 for that 100 oz bar back in 2002

I meant 2004

i buy silver solely because for some reason it makes me feel good to rub my fingers over it and feel the heft, to see the glimmer, the subtle oxidization caused by constant contact with oils from my skin, the first cool moments before it warms up to my body heat and becomes an extension of my body through thermal conductivity.
The heft, the shine, the temperature, the knowledge that it can kill vampires and werewolves, the idea that it can be spun into wires for use in a nuclear reactor
oh god it feels so fucking good i just want to buy a fucking bathtub full of 1 oz and 1/10 oz coins and just wallow in them everyday.

Does the fact that whoever owns those coins in 200 years will always be reminded of you when they look at them with all the tarnish because you couldn't take the tiniest precaution of not constantly rubbing your greasy fingerprints all over them give you a charge?

tarnish adds character user
i actually have very ungreasy fingers too
i carried around a coin everyday for months and it barely got a bit yellower

also handling silver with protection is like sex without a condom, it's shit and you should never do it

sorry, sex WITH a condom