War will never be a purely ground and naval affair ever again

War sucks nowadays. All these random airstrikes and unknown assailants. How the fuck are we going to teach this in school in 40 years?

>born too late for purely land/water wars
>born too early for purely space wars

feelsbadman.png

Why is that bad?

Because war now lacks a sophistication and honour that previously existed.

Now it is literally HELL on earth.

>We need to make war BETTER so we can teach cool things to our kids!

Dont cry because its over. Smile because it happened!

>mass mechanized conventional war came and went in the span of a generation and only happened twice
>there are people who fought in both

Is this ironic.
There was never any honor in large scale war. Maybe ceremonial conflicts, but real conflicts have always been awful affairs. I mean I think I would rather die in an instant explosion rather than gangrene.

I bet the first time horse and chariots were used in battle the generals of the infantry only army complained about it too. "War used to be so pure and honorable, you used to have to stand on your own feet whilst bashing in a villagers head and.bathing in the blood of your enemies children"

Being shot in line during the Napoleonic wars is in no way comparable to having missiles going off around you and nukes in modern day war, cuck!

>guns in general are rapidly falling out of favor because of missiles
>shore batteries are no longer viable
>large fortresses are no longer viable
>anti-tank guns are no longer viable
>flak guns against planes are no longer viable
>tube artillery rapidly replaced by missile artillery
>big gun ships are no longer viable

FUCK THIS GAY EARTH

Yes having a half inch ball of lead tear your arm off of make a fist size hole in your chest and you get to stick your fingers in it as you choke on your blood is better than a missle explosion knocking you unconscious so you don't even feel the vaporization and dismemberment.

Three if you include Korea.And people fought all three

So it is ironic.

Again its much scarier to not get killed by a missle than it is to get killed by one. I think instantly blowing up is pretty easy way to go. That beingredients said the fear of missiles must be intense. Getting shot any place other than the head would be much worse than getting blown up.

Also nukes aren't used in modern warfare.

>battles between steel-plated big gun ships were limited to three wars
>never happened before and will never happen again

>>only happened twice
>WW2
>War of Israel's independance
>Yom-Kipur
>Iran vs. Iraq

HNNNGG
the cobra is by far the sexiest helicopter

There was never honor in ceremonial conflicts.

If it's real war there is no honor because it's killing the innocent for necessity. If it's ceremonial war there is no honor because it's premeditated murder for entertainment.

Outta my way ground fucking shits

>tfw you will never get to lead a cavalry charge into the flank of an unprepared enemy
>tfw you will never stand in formation and overwhelm the enemy with superior musket firepower
>tfw you will never serve on a battleship and watch as your ship's 16 inch guns pound away into the night
>tfw you will never pilot a Lancaster in a 1000 plane bombing raid against the Germans

If I had a time machine I would take one trip into the past and then destroy the machine.