Tell me why I should invest in Litecoin

If I look at a chart for the history of the coin, it seems on the precipice of another crash into the 4-8 dollar range. There is no reason to believe it will replace bitcoin or act as bitcoin's "silver" or whatever. So why buy this shilled coin? Anyone?

You shouldn't lol

/thread

Seems it's been the least volatile of all the crypto, except Tether.

Rumor has it that no one has used Litecoin for anything. ever

I think it has the potential to hit .05 btc based on technicals = ~$160 but this can only be achieved in a final moment of ecstasy for the crypto market.

lower fees.
Faster transactions
Soon to be immediately interchangeable with btc
/thread

It's better than eth

interesting. if gambling websites start accepting litecoin it will boom in the fall when football starts.

investors, miners, and shills. they don't want their dream to die.

Bagholders want to dump

Litecoin doesn't have a future, it will crash with BTC like every other coin.

I expect Litecoin to rise to 600 by September and fall to 500 into December than average out at 525 into 2018.

I base these expectations on absolutely nothing what so ever

straight from the mouth of charlie ching chong bing bong ping pong ding dong himself. he should have stayed at jewbase.

ether isn't suppose to be a currency. Why does no one get this?

I actually use Litecoin for crypto CURRENCY's intended purpose. Super fast transaction and almost non existent fees. I started buying dips when I noticed more local businesses accepting Litecoin as well as btc. How the fuck would you pay for a meal at a restaurant when you need to wait an hour for confirmation and pay 5$ in fees. Crypto is not a store of value, that's fucking retarded. It's valuable because people speculate on how it can be used as a currency.

>immediately interchangeable with btc
What does this mean?

Why do I associate literal retards like these with bancor and ark subhumans? Hmmmmmm

This right here. Before stepping into the game i spend weeks researching cryptos and i stayed the hell away from BTC. It has lost all of its practicality and therefor its disruptive potentionality when it comes to replaces existing systems.

BTC is myspace. LTC will be facebook.

Screencap this.

cigaretts aren't supposed to be a currency, but are used as such in prison
just because it's designed to be X doesn't mean people won't use it for something else

lol, LTC is shit right now
holding some, but ARK, DGB, and PIVX are unironically muchmuch faster

Litecoin is under 2 billion marketcap again...

It needs to be a 10 billion marketcap to be taken seriously.

ark/dgb/pivx aren't doing the amount of transactions as LTC

it's dumb to compare them when none of them have ever had to handle a billion in volume before.

All minor technicalities that i stopped caring about. The world of cryptos is so chaotic and volatile and so easily manipulated by all sorts of processes that such details are just a drip of water in the desert.

The only way your getting rich with crypto's, is to step away a few paces from it so as to see the larger picture. To recognize the global trends and macro-economical processes.

I'm not joking when im saying that LTC has a huge potential of eventualy surpassing BTC.

Its simply not possible anymore to pay for a cup of coffee with BTC, because you'll be waiting hours for the transaction to clear. The only logical conclusion we can draw is that BTC has failed that it originally set out to do.

Prepare for some major shockwaves the comming months folks. Peace.

What will LTC price be near the end of July? I heard people will move their BTC into it.

1billion = $20

For every 1 billion in marketcap LTC goes up $20 in price.

do we have numbers for transactions/second for all of them, to compare?

I expect exchanges to start adding fiat/ltc pairs as BTC falls.

true billions can come out of nowhere and raise the price of any coin to amazing levels

Nobody can accurately predict prices in this market, the ones that do are just lucky. Learn to recognize global trends and dont worry too much about minor details. Again, the market is way to chaotic for that.

I'm convinced BTC will continue to drop as it becomes clear that it failed what it originally set out to do. Somewhere at the bottom of that downward drop, it will be surpassed by LTC - which in turn will cause a massive rally into that currency.

BTC = 10 minutes
LTC = 2-3 minutes
ETH = 10-30 seconds

as far as I'm aware this is the average time .. but both BTC/ETH have experienced degraded performance

LTC drops and goes up with BTC

ETH kills everything in its path.

Bitcoin is still king.

The only alt-coin you should have is litecoin.

once LTC has lightning network it will be faster than ETH or any other coin

but lightning network transfers don't get registered on the blockchain and that's why it's super fast apparently

Charlie Lee is working on applications that convert BTC directly into LTC blockchain, aka no middle man taking fees and fucking up your orders

Yep. What we are witnessing is LTC actually fullfilling the promises made by BTC at its inception. There will come a moment when people will realize it... that eureka moment will be the definitive fall for BTC and ultimately the rise of LTC to 1000 dollars and up.

This entire process will repeat itself again and again ofc. But i sure as hell are not getting out of LTC right now.

why would anyone want to do that.

BTC will always reign supreme

Litecoin and Bitcoin are the only coins I trust atm. When the market picks up I will diversiy my Bitcoin back into Litecoin, 40% or so

what would really seal BTC's death is if lightning network decides to integrate with only LTC

who knows... maybe that decision has allready been made, thus triggering the collapse of yesterday. Its very interesting to see how stable LTC really is right now... only a few percent in the red while all other major coins had to deal with significant double-digit losses.

learn to recognize the patterns folks.

On coinbase...
LTC down 22% since last week
ETH down 34% since last week
BTC down 13% since last week

BTC/ETH lost a lot more in value where as LTC lost $10

I know. But im taling about the BTC/LTC market here. I dont care at all about fiat value at this point, what interests me are patterns and how they relate to eachother mate.

As it is now, BTC is basically store of value. It's gold and people use it because it's the only secure thing on this volatility market. However, BTC is shit when it comes to actually making transactions. If BTC could be converted to LTC and vice versa automatically you would be able to store your money in BTC and then turn into LTC when you actually need to buy something.

td;dr BTC would be gold and LTC the dollar.

I changed from LTC to ETH at 0.1554 ETHLTC yesterday. While I don't believe in ETH in the long run, I figured it would recover faster than LTC from this dip, so I could change back at say 0.1480 and earn some easy LTC.

Did I fuck up?

Eth is about to dip below 200

Yeah that's part of my concern. I do believe it'll go above 280 with some days, and hopefully LTC will recover slower so I can have some gains.

can't recommend LTC anymore or any crypto....

LTC is dipping just as much as BTC/ETH

$34 / coin (there was 3-4 days in May LTC was $34-$36)

LTC has dropped to a high in May, it's retraced back a month!

last week was as high as $49 for at least an hour on coinbase

A 30%+ drop

THis isn't good. SELL NOW before you lose everything.

Bet Online already takes it.