I have to pick a side for my highschool's in-class debate this month. I'm currently unaligned...

I have to pick a side for my highschool's in-class debate this month. I'm currently unaligned, slightly in favor of the Palestine side and very much open seeing what you lot think on the matter.

Which side should i argue for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=76NytvQAIs0
youtube.com/watch?v=E0uLbeQlwjw&t=8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's easier to argue pro-genocide. But as an exercise, you should try and argue for a two-state solution.

>I'm in favor of Palestine
Palestine didn't even exist till Britain conquered that area lmfao.

Israel was generous. They didn't even annex them after BTFOing their ass in a war.

It's weird that the proto-Israelis didn't take this deal. Did they WANT war?

please try to avoid religion in your debate. obviously, it's inevitable and will come up, but try your best to stay away from the concurring religions and more towards the land and actual conflicts.
if you give in to the religion debate, it will 100% turn to a shitfest.

Israel if you want to use Veeky Forums for an argument.

Look into the now leaked communications between Egypt, Jordan, and Israel.

The Arab states jumped in right away, not to defend fellow Arabs, but to get land. They communicated and tried to make deals through the fighting to get more land.

Also, look into the Jewish communities through out the Middle East and how they were violently expelled after the war. If Palestinians want the right of return and property back, do Arabs give stolen Jewish property back?

Controversial opinion incoming: Religion is not all that relevant, except if you're discussing the settlers, or the annexation of Jerusalem, or the reason the region was chosen for colonization to begin with.

Remain unaligned, all solutions to this are shit.

Two-state solution would just lead to a failed palestinian state that the israelis would just have to reoccupy.

One state israeli solution is just asking for a third major intifada.

The greater likelihood is that the palestinian side will win on demographics sometime in the future and just vote the state of israel out of existence.

But this is just my garbage analysis.

Go Palestine. I don't really care about the Palestinians per se, but the Israelis are just total assholes. They annex peoples land, push them out of their homes, then cry and complain when those people fight back in the only way they can. I could respect them if they just straight up said "We're going to annex you to give ourselves a homeland" but they have to pretend like they have the moral high ground. I know Jews are just normal people, but the actions Israel does in regards to Palestine and other things makes me more inclined to beleive Neo Nazi propaganda more than the Stormniggers themselves.

Neither side is really all that innocent and debate between the two becomes more of a game of who has the most shit on their face.

pick jews, they'll win and you can say oy vey and that you're great, great grandfather died in the holocaust

>The greater likelihood is that the palestinian side will win on demographics sometime in the future and just vote the state of israel out of existence.
lol no

youtube.com/watch?v=76NytvQAIs0

Just steal this video.

>Two-state solution would just lead to a failed palestinian state that the israelis would just have to reoccupy.

Israelis don't have to end the occupation for there to be a two-state solution. They do have to end the settlements.

>One state israeli solution is just asking for a third major intifada.

What one state solution? The one where they give citizenship to the people they annexed fifty years ago? Or the one where they ethnically cleanse the people they annexed fifty years ago?

Have you see the birthrates? In 50 to 100 years Israel will be mostly Arab.

This. Israel has pretty much halted Palestinian demographic expansion inside their territory. The diaspora is growing faster now, and is already the majority of Palestinians.

What class is that, dialects?
The only way to win is not play, this should be your argument.

Long term, with no major changes, demographically most of Western Europe will be majority non-White by 2100. Muslims will still be a small amount, but give it another 50 years and there is no way Israel can make it. They will be one tiny island in a sea of Muslims stretching from Spain to Pakistan.

I was thinking about two completely sovereign states for the first and for the one state something like South Africa during apartheid.

I'd argue Israel as Jews deserve an ethnic homeland after being pogromed and exiled from almost every country in the last 2,000 years. Also Palestinian isn't really much of an ethnicity and they could easily assimilate into neighboring countries.

>They do have to end the settlements.

Utterly imposible.
youtube.com/watch?v=E0uLbeQlwjw&t=8s

Israelis have already turned the area in a metropolitan swiss cheese of functional neighborhoods.

>they could easily assimilate into neighboring countries.

What is the Lebonese Civil War

Then Israel does not want peace.

Neither do Palestinians