Knowing that an individual death is meaningless - any individual death, especially your own - that you are not a person...

>Knowing that an individual death is meaningless - any individual death, especially your own - that you are not a person, but a statistic - and noticing, more each day, the countless deaths that occur around you - of other people, of animals, of insects, of the sick and infirm, of accident victims, of plants ripped from the earth and worms crushed beneath the blades of plows - of authors in their rooms, scribbling out desperate words in the backs of books no one will ever read- even the shattering of molecular bonds, the disintegration of atomic structures, happening in every moment, millions in each nanosecond, everywhere
so Veeky Forums, what's the point?

Other urls found in this thread:

lesswrong.com/lw/nb/something_to_protect/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally, the point, in so many words, is heroin. You'll thank me later.

The point is to stop thinking about the point and try to make it the best experience you can while you're here. Either that or suicide. Why waste your time doing something you don't enjoy? I decided I don't really wanna die yet so I'm gonna try and go for the first option.

fpbp

what isn't the point?

get a family nerd, find a purpose

to make more babies or at least get laid and have fun you dummy

>Look at your body— A painted puppet, a poor toy of jointed parts ready to collapse, a diseased and suffering thing with a head full of false imaginings
so the only argument behind the meaninglessness and futility of existence is "just have fun and fug some bitches bro haha turn your brain off and have fun enjoy le ride xD do exactly what this line of thought is reflecting upon lmao no one cares"? really depressing isn't it

dude you're so profound man wow man like wow like wow man like wow like wow man like wow like.... why?

No it's have fun and play some vidya

Improve and have an impact on the world.

You've got 80,000 hours of work to do so.

>improve when there is no "better" or "worse"
>have an impact when it's bound to last an insignificant amount of time when compared to eternity

Bluepilled moron

>eternity
eternity doesn't exist so you are comparing what impact we can have to an unrealistic standard

Either way making an impact is a childish and ego driven desire

lesswrong.com/lw/nb/something_to_protect/

As to the insignificance of anything, that's just a ridiculous point. One life saved is an enormous amount of experience - that there are 100 you didn't save is just a challenge! As anyone who's been in a relationship can tell you, just because it ends doesn't mean it has no value. Transience doesn't negate what *is*.

Also, look into the psychological benefits of altruism. Even if you were a total egoist it would be worth it.

How does one not make an impact?

study the dharma.

death is an illusion.

>childish and ego driven desire
yeah like postulating that life is meaningless and that you should act on certainty of an admittedly unknowable proposition to sterilize yourself/the world for attention

check yourself into a clinic pal

It's a real bit of infantile narcissism to expect some grand point to your personal existence as if you are a protagonist of fate.

Haha yeah this cuck wants his existence to have meaning like just blaze up bro xDD

Learn proper English before talking to me, subhuman

The point is entirely what you make of it. Find a purpose that is meaningful and authentic to you, personally, and carry it through.

sounds like somebody got a nerve touched

The point is what you make of it, could be fucking sluts, videogames, lifting, becoming an actor, a teacher, an explorer, a politician, just be yourself bro and figure it out.

recognizing the insiginicance of one's action in the big picture doesnt mean being egoist dude. that's why is impossible to talk about this stuff, everyone just goes to default and resort to their base principles. Like people thinking that anti natalists hate everyone and such

Finally I understand

>meaninglessness
>an admittedly unknowable proposition
oh so you have the answer for the human condition?
>for attention
lmao why do you feel so personally attacked when someone questions the norm?

It's more like you asked for answers and chose to mock everyone who provided theirs, instead of critiquing specific points or asking for more detail. People feel attacked because you clearly get off on attacking everyone.

Don't be surprised if you never find meaning if you go cynical within seconds of encountering a potential meaning. If you want to make your search easier - when you see a muddy concept look for hidden gems instead of calling it a pile of shit.

Shit quote OP.
>Our name will be forgotten in time
>no one will remember our works
> our life will pass away like the traces of a cloud, and be scattered like mist that is chased by the rays of the sun and overcome by its heat

oh yeah, I should write a whole academic dissertation on right?
just because I asked for it doesnt mean I'll accept anything
no is not, it contemplates the equal value of all atoms independent of the shape they're taking at that moment, it's basic and shallow yes, but not as much as yours
>muh legacy
>muh narcissism
according to OP quote, your name has the same value as the names of the tens of millions of krills that blue whales swallow everyday, that gigantic organic mass that will only serve to sustain more organic mass.

take your time, look around, stop thinking for a second and start seeing. there is no point if you want it and there will be any point you want it to have, there are no mistakes.

Not saying everyone's an egoist, just that that's what a lot of people default to when they lack meaning.

It's hard to know who's you, but in these posts ( ) you literally call people stupid / childish / subhuman instead of asking why they care about moral impacts.

Ethics is an enormous philosophical field, and it seems pretty irrational to think there's no chance of any meaning hiding there - unless you are extremely knowledgeable about it, which I doubt given the thread title.

These are things some of the smartest humans ever have written "whole academic dissertations" on. Why are you insulting and unresponsive instead of curious?

/thread

That's not him, that's me, 2/3 of the posts you've quoted were mine, kys.

Sex and drugs. Just try to get your brain as much dopamine as you can.

Yup, now get to it.

There are better or worses. In a race the fastest person is better.

this and anime

well should've gotten a trip for the thread, considering how spookfags like to one line everyone back. but then again, that's my point, no one even begun to articulate an argument, and the ones that did got my response, which were and , funny that you quoted none of them.
as far as I know ethics are only teachings on how to live your life and reach your goals, and not to which goals strive for. the ones that state a goal are pretty vague or based on that individuals beliefs.
> unless you are extremely knowledgeable about it
>These are things some of the smartest humans ever have written
I'm not gonna get a phd before posting on a anime image board mate. I think my uni student casual reader knowledge is enough for now
>Why are you insulting and unresponsive instead of curious?
re read my posts, I never was. btw ignore awful grammar, not american.

oh and also this one is mine. I only said that because those were the replies to this thread

>>so Veeky Forums, what's the point?
>He's not a wealthy aristocrat with an immortal soul
How can plebs even compete?

You know it's a shitty thread when you know exactly all of OP's posts. & humanities was a mistake.

>& humanities was a mistake
& humanities is literally the reason you are alive today

You try to understand "death" on universal scale and it doesn't really live up to its name. The constituents are always recycled, nothing truly "dies". Nothing truly is, to begin with.

>theres a lot of stuff happening at once
>therefore individuals cant take in everything currently happening
>therefore life is meaningless!1!1!1

it is meaningless based on human conceptions. see

It's bad now, but it was even worse in 17 A.D.
Just do your best to make 4017 better than today.