What are some of the weirdest friendships in Veeky Forumstory?

What are some of the weirdest friendships in Veeky Forumstory?

Other urls found in this thread:

wwi.lib.byu.edu/index.php/The_Willy-Nicky_Telegrams
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ulysses S. Grant and James Longstreet

They served together at West Point

During the Civil War, Longstreet quickly rose through the ranks until he became one of General Lee’s most trusted allies. Lee called him his “Old War Horse,” as Longstreet gained several important victories for the Confederacy. Later on, Longstreet was instrumental in convincing Lee to surrender at Appomattox, firm in the belief that Grant would offer fair terms. He did—upon seeing his friend-turned-rival, Grant invited him to a game of brag for old times’ sake.Their friendship was rekindled after the war. Longstreet moved to New Orleans and became a prominent member of the Republican Party with the endorsement of his old pal General Grant. In turn, he would later provide his support when Grant ran for President.

This. Also Chaplin was friends with Eisenstein and the Soviets apparently.

>(((chaplain)))

Well duh

Best buds

I remember reading the telegrams in first year of my undergrad. That was also weird.

wwi.lib.byu.edu/index.php/The_Willy-Nicky_Telegrams

Me and OP.

Max Schmeling and Joe Louis. Both were boxers who had a very famous rivalry in the ring and one of the most famous matches of all time. The former was the darling/personal friend of Adolf Hitler and brought up in early 20th century Germany with all the racism and xenophobia that implies, and later served in the Wehrmacht. The latter was a patriotic African-American who had his whole country watching him and drumming up his match as one of nations, and later served in the US Army. Turns out though that Max was actually a pretty cool guy, he even fell out of favor with the Nazis for harboring Jews in the 30s.

After the war both men fell into relative obscurity. Schmeling rose out of it when he came to own a Coca-Cola bottling plant. During the 50s he met his old rival, the one who had thoroughly beaten him on their rematch, and they became close friends. Schmeling supported Louis financially after the IRS fucked him over, and even paid for his funeral.

Max Schmeling was one of the pallbearers.

Andrea Doria and Haireddin Barbarossa

Elaborate.

I really don't wanna get into my Preveza erotic fanfic

Oh wow, that's just so sad to read. Did they stop communicating after that?

>After the war both men fell into relative obscurity.
Nah people still remember Joe Louis. The stadium that's named after him is the home (until next season ;_;) of the Red Wings, who are a legendary hockey team.

>detoilet
Lol how's that playoff streak going loser?

I mean "relative obscurity", as in, he wasn't a celebrity at the time anymore. He went from personally meeting with the president to greeting tourists to the Caesars Palace hotel in Las Vegas, to a wrestling referee.

shows how true that the civil war was indeed a war fought against brother by brother

N-Nigel Farage?

I'm a Stars fan I'm jealous of their team actually having a history besides "we were in Minnesota then we weren't lol"

How were these dictators in any way whatsoever friends?

Noticed that too

It's that tiny British gene pool.

serious question, can EITHER of them even speak english? what the fucks the mutual tongue and how many ! clicks does it include?

>Chaplin
Jewish commie.
>Eisenstein
Jewish commie.

Color me surprised.