Redpill me on Damascus Steel, Byzantine Fire, and the Iron Pillar of Delhi?

Why can't we replicate these technologies? Were the ancients so much more advanced than us?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f9j9vUGi0QA
youtube.com/watch?v=fTlmrAh1oHI&t=1242s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Iron Pillar of Delhi
we can but the way they were explained is not clear - meaning, badly. things like these exist everywhere

>Why can't we replicate these technologies?
Because people stopped making them when they figured out how to get similar results in different ways. since the exact methods for making those things weren't written down, people forgot how because they didn't need to know anymore.

>Were the ancients so much more advanced than us?
No. Damascus steel isn't really that special, it was just especially high-quality and consistent during a time when that was hard to achieve. It's much easier to make high-quality and more consistent steel now. It's just a matter of people romanticizing old technology.

Are you a member of the Trump administration? Because I don't understand a thing you just said.

I don't think you're quite following here. We can't
>replicate these technologies
Ergo, therefore, consequently, in other words, it is more advanced than our modern means. I am not asking your personal opinion of these old technologies. I want to know why they can't be remade.

Are you retarded?

>Romans invented concrete

Lol no what are Bedouin

Are you? It's a simple question only a complete dumbass couldn't follow.

1) yes we can
2)even if we couldnt, not being able to replicate exactly how someone else made a pile of shit doesnt mean we can't make something better using our own modern methods

>we can't replicate it
>therefore it's more advanced

>we lack the technological and educational means to reproduce something.
>yet somehow we are more advanced because we can still create similar objects, to say nothing of how they're worse.

Typical, brainwashed, western trace monkey shills. You're both the reason why Japan is the only first world country, hence the imageboard you're browsing being second-rate to 2ch.

You fucking weeb all they saying is we can replicate these technologies, but that shit is not as advanced as our current technologies.

Guy makes wootz in his backyard shed

youtube.com/watch?v=f9j9vUGi0QA

/thread

It can't be done because our technology/know-how is not up to par with the old tech. They finally got the message. The question is, why haven't you?

youtube.com/watch?v=fTlmrAh1oHI&t=1242s

Yet another

You are an idiot.

What is wootz steal and why should I care? Looks very much like I'd expect a piece of molten steel looking.

Wootz is the old wold term for Damascus both of which are a form of crucible steel.. I like that your having an argument you don't even have the basic facts on.

Ah cool. Well, that's why I ask.

We can't replicate Damascus because we've got better stuff and it's been lost to time without institutional knowledge preserving it. Like how the US had to reverse-engineer part of their own nuclear bombs because they never wrote down what it was made of and how it was made, or how nobody knows how to make Greek Fire (but why use it when we've got WP?).

>no one knows or cares how to learn ancient, incredibly specific techniques that make obsolete weapons nominally better than their contemparies, but still completely useless to any modern day use

>This means ancients were more advanced

OP has already made up his mind, and is now arguing for what feels right, refusing to learn.

My only problem was, this was the wrong board to ask. I should have gone to Veeky Forums. You guys are the ones refusing to comprehend what's at stake here. And what the heck is WP?

source on the nuclear bomb thing? I couldn't find it, but I'd like to read more on it.

We can't replicate those exact metalurgy techiniques, but we have technology to produce far superior metals. Do you understand now:

>Why can't we replicate these technologies?

They didn't leave good enough details on how they did these things.

>Were the ancients so much more advanced than us?

Advanced in regards to what?

>we can't replicate steel that is inferior to modern day steel
>therefore the shitskins were much more evolved than us

This is bait right? Right?