Was David Irving considered a good/respected historian before the whole holocaust thing?

Was David Irving considered a good/respected historian before the whole holocaust thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

holocaustcontroversies.blogspot.com/2012/10/index-of-published-evidence-on.html
imgur.com/gallery/725A7
imgur.com/a/PSmeN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

well

Nope

isn't that half the argument against him, that this is just some way of getting attention/recognition?

Yes. He was considered unusually pro-German, but he was able to source all his arguments. He was one of the first people to access the German archives, hence his sources.

It wasn't until he denied the Holocaust that he became pariah.

Yes/no He was considered a good historian, but after the Holocaust thing broke out, people starting really looking over his sources and statements with a fine toothed comb that they hadn't before, and it turns out his prevarication and just flat out bullshit went back to his very first publications.

So it's more accurate to say that he was never really a good historian, although he was a respected one, but he managed to get away with it for some time.

Where are you getting this shit? No he wasn't a "respected historian." He wasn't a historian at all. He was a pop writer whose only "sources" were literally Nazi propaganda.

>Was David Irving considered a good/respected historian before the whole holocaust thing?

He was always on the fringe as a non-academic historian. His pro-German attitude however allowed him to interview many German witnesses who would otherwise avoid talking about the war. Therefore his works were quoted by others since they offered an unique perspective on the events.

>He was one of the first people to access the German archives,

What archives? There was no German archives to speak of. Much of it was destroyed, what was left was taken over by the Allies, chiefly by the Soviets who put it under a key in their own archives. The new area in WW2 research started after Gorbachev, when Soviet archives were opened.

he's not a historian at all

Ya

No.

Could any one here even name 5 respected historians without online resources? Its fameless forte and all the holocaust warriors here are inventing up memories

Nah

>jews claim that 6 billion bodies are buried in a field outside Auschwitz
>Irving says "Hey let's dig it up to see if it's true"
>OY VEY GOY IT IS SACRED JEWISH GROUND, HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT IT?
>"OK, how about we do tests to see if there's anything buried under there? Surely you'd be fine with proving to the world that the Holocaust happened."
>NO GOY IT'S AGAINST OUR RELIGION TO DISTURB THE DEAD
>"B-but there's nothing in Judaism that says you can't---"
>SHUT UP FILTHY GOY

Irving did nothing wrong.

Nothing even close to this happened. Irvings sued some lady after she said he was a nazi sympathizer, which he obviously is,and then got his whole reputation crucified in front of the world.

Richard Evans exposed him and now only bitter stormfags take him seriously since he is their one and only appeal to authority

There is literally no evidence the Holocaust ever happened.

Not for you, no. Intelligent people can easily find the overwhelming evidence for the Holocaust though.

>I have proof, it's totally there
>but I won't post any because it's beneath me
>just trust me

holocaustcontroversies.blogspot.com/2012/10/index-of-published-evidence-on.html

so many good goys in his. keep believing in those roller coasters into the gas chamber myths.

imgur.com/gallery/725A7

Read through the entire thing, carefully.

Go back to /pol/ retard, stop shitting up this board with anti-Semitic nonsense

>Could any one here even name 5 respected historians without online resources?
Peter Heather
Pat Southern
Karen Dixon
Kathleen Hughes
David Murison

where's my prize user

Idk but the holocaust is the biggest meme ever desu senpai.

>my shitty neo-nazi conspiracy theories are just as valid as actual history!

Irving was the ONLY person you retards could point to and say "s-see! We aren't all just insane pieces of shit because this one historian agrees with us!"

And then he got exposed as a fraud, by himself really, when he tried to sue someone for calling him exactly what he is. What do you have now? The greatest meme never told?

>lose argument

>reverte to using stale and canned pol insults

Gee, I wonder why no one at all takes you guys seriously

and the storm-fags stop replying

>Veeky Forums IS JUST A BUNCH OF LEFTY JEWS FUCK THIS BOARD - average stormfag

imgur.com/a/PSmeN

You know there might be a few holes in the official story when Imgur is considered to be the best scholarly source.

All historians are propagandists.

Have you read it? It's very detailed, if you see any inconsistencies or lies you are more than welcome to point them out.

Well it doesn't matter how concise it is.
Do you not see the irony?
You ridicule people who deny the Holocaust, yet your checkmate smoking gun is a few memes on Imgur that look like a 6th grader's Powerpoint presentation.

The entire concept of the Holocaust is fucking ludicrous and you have to be a moron to believe it.

>Yes let's throw Jews in ovens. Let's not shoot them or anything, even though it would be much more convenient and easier.

When you find something that addresses the sheer mathematical impossibility of killing 6 million people in 5 years using a Papa John's pizza oven, then maybe I'll say there's something there. But until then, it is literally the biggest scam of all time.

So, exhaustive lists of published research don't work and neither do images like this (which is clearly a direct response and patterned after the tired pictures and text that denies post).

What medium would you accept?

>yet your checkmate smoking gun is a few memes on Imgur that look like a 6th grader's Powerpoint presentation
I'm pretty sure the checkmate smoking gun is the primary sources the imgur links quotes

No one thinks Jews were killed in kitchen ovens either you fucking dunce, maybe learn about what you are denouncing before you make a fool of yourself next time

So this is the power of a /pol/ack...

>it's a crypto-/pol/ thread

we need a gestapo to gas you parasites

it's always made clear in holocaust studies that the majority of victims weren't gassed. Many, many books make this clear.

You're a retard who relies on neckbeard memes

>all these good goys on Veeky Forums
>they think that the Holocaust isn't just a false flag in order to guilt the UN into creating the state of Israel

If you research history and haven't yet come to the conclusion that Jews lie about everything, then you're not reading the right books.

>Rwandan genocide
>1 million people killed in 3 months
Is this also a conspiracy? How is this mathematically possible? Were the Hutus superhuman?

>When you find something that addresses the sheer mathematical impossibility of killing 6 million people in 5 years using a Papa John's pizza oven

I'm counting the cremation capacity of 1.7 million in just the year 1943-1944 in one camp complex. Why, exactly, do you think it's so impossible to burn (which is separate from killing, of course) so many?

>it's a /pol/tards get BTFO again episode

>You ridicule people who deny the Holocaust, yet your checkmate smoking gun is a few memes on Imgur that look like a 6th grader's Powerpoint presentation.
But it isn't you fuckwit, that imgur is extensively detailed and sourced. It debunks every denier claim, one by one. What exactly is your issue?

>If you research history and haven't yet come to the conclusion that Jews lie about everything, then you're not reading the right books.
Yeah, the right books, like David Irving and Joseph Goebbels amirite

It's because the books that form actual irl debates aren't as easily accessible online, unless you want me to take pictures of the pages and upload them for you

No, more like every book ever written before 1930 because you were actually allowed to call jews out on their bullshit and no one gave a fuck about being called antisemitic.

>I uncritically accept all anti-Semitic literature because it's old and therefore true
>they couldn't have all been wrong, no, it's the Jews who are at fault
In any case, I could point to Nietzsche's and George Bernard Shaw's comments on the subject.

Gr8 argument son

>I uncritically accept Nietzsche's and Shaw's opinion on the subject because my liberal professor told me that I'm smart if I parrot their opinions
>I don't think for myself and make my own conclusions because of peer pressure and desperately trying to conform

>everyone who disagrees with me can't think for themselves
You don't deserve those digits

>not blindly hating the Jews makes you a college liberal who just wants to conform
Nah, it seems like you're trying to fashion an identity out of hating a group of people who are ultimately irrelevant to your life at worst.

Quoting other people's opinions isn't thinking for yourself.

t. Neo-Nazi who thinks that parroting old anti-Semitic propaganda pamphlets is the same as thinking for yourself because it's edgy

The old anti semetic meme insult to stop one questioning jewish lies.

>every book ever written before 1930
You're not talking about the Elder Memes of Zion, r-right? It's been debunked time and time again as a forgery

>jews control the banks
>control the EU
>control US Congress
>control Federal Reserve
>control the universities and shape how you think
>control the media and have unconsciously shaped your thoughts since birth

>irrelevant to your life

Top kek, Veeky Forums is hilariously bluepilled.

>calling others uncritical
>while literally making up an imaginary scenario based on /pol/ memes
I'm sure evidence based historiography will never be able to achieve the level of critical thinking of a mememaster non conformist like you.

[citation needed]
inb4 our nonconformist critical thinking stormfag dumps an infopic or blog post

Why deny it? You obviously have an anti-Semitic agenda.
>some Jews are in positions of power ergo all Jews are in on a conspiracy to oppress us poor white folk
I am redpilled... wow....

How can something with unknown authors be proven a forgery?

Also it's irrelevant if it's real or fake.
What matters is that it accurately predicted the last 100 years of how governments try to control the masses.

And most importantly, if it truly was a forgery, Jews would just laugh it off, not ban it and go "OY VEY IT'S FAKE. DON'T READ THAT. NOOOOO. "

1984 is fiction. It doesn't change the fact that it's basically a description of modern Britain. The same applies to the Protocols. Whether or not it was originally a forgery is irrelevant. Someone now and in the past has been heavily borrowing concepts from it in how governments are run.

>1984 is fiction. It doesn't change the fact that it's basically a description of modern Britain. The same applies to the Protocols.
How old are you? You honestly sound like a 13 year old.

It's literally copied straight out of a novel. The reason nobody likes it is because it insinuates that a group of people are doing something that they aren't doing, and it was passed off as a real document even though it was fake.

And the main feature of the Protocols of Zion is that it's so vague and feeds anti-Semitic confirmation bias.

Hmm I wonder why books published in openly antisemitic countries with openly antisemitic governments and significantly less freedom of speech, press, and opinion than today would also publish antisemitic content?

Tell me what is so wrong with my statement.
Is it really so implausible to believe that governments can get ideas from "forgeries" and fiction?

If an unknown artist makes a painting purporting to be a monet, and it's not, it's a forgery. Similarly here, we have a document that is allegedly notes from some shadowy zionist rabbi cabal. It is not from any such organization; ergo, it's a forgery.

>What matters is that it accurately predicted the last 100 years of how governments try to control the masses.
And Nostradamus predicted 9/11, if you take vague proclamations of doom as a "prediction".

>And most importantly, if it truly was a forgery, Jews would just laugh it off, not ban it and go "OY VEY IT'S FAKE. DON'T READ THAT. NOOOOO. "
Are you retarded? You do realize that most of the world doesn't have American attitudes towards freedom of speech and the press, right? Do France's laws against Armenian genocide denial prove that the Armenian genocide was a fake?

>1984 is fiction. It doesn't change the fact that it's basically a description of modern Britain
Have you actually read 1984? I must have missed the anti-sex laws in Britain, or the 5 minutes of hate.

>The same applies to the Protocols. Whether or not it was originally a forgery is irrelevant. Someone now and in the past has been heavily borrowing concepts from it in how governments are run.
Retardation confirmed. I'm sure so many governments are stockpiling explosives in train tunnels to BLOW UP DA CITIES WHEN THEY CATCH ONTO THE VAGUE PLAN!

>the secret Jewish conspiracy is taking cues from a forged anti-Semitic document copied from an obscure Russian novel
Boy

Ackchuyally it's the hibernians who control the world economy

>2017
>not greenpilled
gtfo newfag

You are seriously beyond hope if you can't see how 1984 and Britain are incredibly similar.

>let's make it illegal to criticize a group of people
>we are so civilized now, we have freedom of speech!
[insert Voltaire quote about who controls you]

You must have expert reading comprehension if you managed to read that I said that we should outlaw antisemitic speech

>You are seriously beyond hope if you can't see how 1984 and Britain are incredibly similar.

Pardon me, but I must have missed the Stalinist government, endless warfare, class stratification of society, purposeful elimination of data, redefining the dictionary, and torture brainwashing happening. Can you point me to some examples of that in real life?

>redefining the dictionary
all the damn leeburalz have changed the definition of muh gender

>redefining the dictionary
only point that you're wrong on. redefining the dictionary is the main past-time of feminism right now

>all the damn leeburalz have changed the definition of muh gender
You mean, the liberals who aren't in government at the moment; a government, by the way, which doesn't publish dictionaries?

You're fucking retarded, and you obviously don't know shit about how the world work and have to appeal to conspiracies to make complex issues binary. As you keep namedropping high school reading material in a post below, I'll assume you are actually young and are not completely hopeless, go read a fucking book.

>ignores or claims all real historians are jews or some other nonsense
>okay here's an easily digestible summation of how you're wrong since you're apparently incapable of reading and understanding a book
>haha wow dude an imgur link is the best you've got???

>Feminism
>Government of Britain.
Come on then, go ahead and show me a government issued dictionary that has redefined something like gender at behest of these feminists.

Definitions have always changed. Just not by government decision, usually.

All of you are retarded. It's the (((Irish))) who are the real bad guys.

yeah, something that directly like 1984 isn't happening, but this type of feminism does hold strong ideological sway in Britain

>whites control the banks
>control EU
>control US Congress
>control Federal Reserve
>control the universities and shape how you think
>control the media and have unconsciously shaped your thoughts since birth

this is a fun game!

Ó NÍL THE SASANACH KNOWS

SHUT
IT
DOWN

Tell me how the world works then. Tell me who runs the world.

>Ayo shiet its da whiteys fault we is poor n shit fuck whitey
This is literally what anti-Semites sound like

yeah but whites are the good guys

Nobody "runs the world". The world is rudderless.

>Tell me who runs the world.
What about a truly frightful thought - nobody does, and it's the same free-for-all that it's always been.

Nobody. The world, international politics, economics, social issues, etc are all complex subjects with a multitude of actors with a multitude of interests and ideas.