Veeky Forums approved hsitorians ? I really like Richard overy. Just wondering what you guys think about him...

Veeky Forums approved hsitorians ? I really like Richard overy. Just wondering what you guys think about him ? and what are some historians you think are "legit"
>Pic related

Will Durant

>Richard Ovary
Mine so far is Peter Brown

John Green. Knowledgeable guy who displays wittiness, charisma, humor, and great delivery of content.

Get off my board and never return. You should be ashamed of what you just wrote.

user maybe you should

i like noam chomsky, niall fergusson, edward carr.

huxleys fucking cool too but hes more a futurist as a counter balance to ideas, with that, & Jacque Fresco

hobsbawm a bomb

Herodotus, Livy, Strabo, Polybius, Lindybeige

>One of these things is not like the other
kek

niall "medicine made europe conquer everything" fergusson

This, the guy gets a lot of unfair hate around here. But he's good.

>>One of these things is not like the other
Livy? He's the Roman in the batch.

The youtube guy ?

Chomsky isn't a historian, he's a linguist with opinions.

Christopher Clark
Richard Evans
Robert Service
Geoffry Elton
L.C.B. Seaman

What about Thucydides? I'd say he's a better historian than Herodotus

also A.J.P. Taylor

Donald Kagan

Actually, those are all huge Liars

me desu

For those of you who are not professional historians (or on their way to be): how many non-fiction history books do you guys read a year, more or less?

>2017
>Liking an historian that pretends that his view of history is the only possible way of interpretation

Wew lad

are you by any chance a postmodernist charlatan?

Go and read the way he presents Pericle's speech after the first year of the Archidamian war

>Geoffry Elton
what have you read by him. didn't he write tons of long books on tudor england?

Currently reading his work on the Reformation, and I also own his "The Practice of History", though I haven't read it yet.