European-Americans

Is it it preferable to call white Americans European-Americans as an ode to their heritage. Just like African-Americans get to appropriate an entire continent through there name.

"African American" is used because most black Americans are descended from slaves and don't know what their ethnic group is. Most white Americans on the other hand are aware of their ethnicity so there's no need for a European American term.

Um racist and sexist much? Europe is a racist and imperialistic construct. There is no Europe. There isn't even a western civilization. Back to stormfront OP!

I sometimes refer to myself and others like me as European-Americans.

It's entirely neutral. If you're going by colors (White, Olive, Brown, Orange, Yellow, Black and Red) it makes sense to call them White. If you're going by continent of indigenous ethnic origin it makes sense to call them Euro-American or European American.

It's more complicated than that. Black Americans are European and African, they are a new, uniquely new world ethnic group created by cultural and genetic fusion.

This

Most are like 30% British/Irish and 70% West African.

That constitutes a unique new world ethnic group, and should get an accurate, unique, and simple, descriptor instead of cumbersome, misleading, pseudo-racist, hyphenated abominations like "afrrican-american".

I believe that these word games have been an underhanded attempt at undermining, by Europeans, American's birthright.

I actually agree that American Blacks have achieved an ethnogenesis. This being said, calling them American Negros or American Blacks solves the problem of vagueness concerning the terms African-American which was coined by al sharpton in the 1980s.

Black American is too long and awkward sounding. I get slightly pissed off every time I have to type it out.

Europe is just a peninsula in Asia and bears little meaning. 'Germanic American' would be the more appropriate label.

Then you leave out Celtic, Slavic, Maygar, Greek, Romance, and Finnic Americans

>Black American is too long and awkward sounding
It really isn't. Its rather short as far descriptors are concerned. Petition to bring back American Negro if you don't like it.

Mestizos, haratin, moor, Hispanic, American, pardo, Anglo, Slavic... etc these are short, accurate, unique one word descriptors. Negro American is long and has an "othering" connotation to it that implies they are not simply Americans first and foremost.

It's still shitposting even if you are being ironic.

But African American is fine?

There are a billion different labels for 'from Africa' or 'from Asia', but if you come from Europe you're just 'white'. There's no rationalizing this. It's a reduction of culture and identity to a skin color.

African American is just we wuzzery, then?

yaaaaaaas!!!! so much this! rightards BTFO

it's to be expected with all the hyphenations

all of them are equally retarded

i remember seeing a video of morgan freeman where the presenter asked him about race and he said 'i'm not african, i'm an american'

and he's right, your land is where you were born

if history wasn't recorded and the world globalized, a person born in america would have no clue that his ancestors lived somewhere else

No, """White""" Americans do not act like Europeans in mannerisms nor do they think like us. They are savage and subhuman offshoots of the glorious European race and should be considered as low or lower than niggers.

Americans usually just call themselves "Irish", "Jewish", "Welsh", "Polish", "Greek", "my mother is cuban and my dad is from Hungary", etc. So there's no real need for whatever it is you want.
Blacks on the other hand have no idea where they come from. They could technically say "Bantu-Americans" since the vast majority is of Bantu origin.

NO THE FUCKING ARENT WEST AFRICA IS NOT BANTU YOU RETARDED FAGGOT

I view "African-American" as a racial classification rather than anot ethnic one, in the same light as White-American and Asian-American. But within the latter two groups there are a ton of ethnicities like Anglo, German, Chinese, Jewish, Italian, etc. That's why our 3 million recent African immigrants get lumped into that category. We really do need a separate name for the Black American ETHNICITY though- the one identified by their unique culture distinct from anything in Africa or Europe, and anot average genetic admixture of majority West African with a notable presence of Northern European.

Yes that name is black, our ethnicity is black (lowercase descriptor) American (of colonial descent ethnicity)

we call them German, Irish, Italian, French, etc-Amerians we just call the blacks Africans

so it would be devolving their status really