Why does everyone jerk off to Caesar and make him some godlike general equal to Napoleon...

Why does everyone jerk off to Caesar and make him some godlike general equal to Napoleon, when there were so many better generals than Caesar, he was a mediocre general at best. Hannibal and Pyrrhus were much better generals than Caesar, yet nobody jerks off to them? Is it just romaboos being faggots as always? Discuss great generals.

P.S. what are those things on his knees? Are they supposed to be a part of the greaves in the shape of a lion or?

Caesar is one of the most romantic and consequential figures in all of western history. Pyrrhus and Hannibal are famous for ultimately losing to the romans.

t.Gaul

t. Bricius

Caesar was literally the Donald Trump of Rome, he's overrated as fuck by Nazi fuckbois

t. plebs

>Caesar is one of the most romantic and consequential figures in all of western history. Pyrrhus and Hannibal are famous for ultimately losing to the romans.

Thats true, but im talking purely about generalship, Caesar couldn't hold a candle to them, let alone Napoleon, yet he is constantly compared to him. He did some decent shit with a bunch of Gauls, but, crossing the ALPS WITH ELEPHANTS and btfoing armies much larger than yours on several occasions. That was sick.

But Caesar had nothing but disdain for the G*rmans.

he was a demagoge and therefore above scrutiny in the eyes of clueless idiots

>hannibal
>good

N-no. Caesar was Cicero's equal in oratory, he was incredibly well learned, he was a brilliant politician, and he was able to inspire unequaled loyalty among his troops. If anything Trump is Crassus.

Talk shit, get hit

>Ceasar
>Literally Donald Trump of Rome
>Nazi fanbois

What the fuck are you even talking about?

t.Vercingetorix

Battle of Munda.

t.Marcus Junius Brutus

>Hannibal
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Are Elephants War Animals Hahahaha Nigga Just Step Aside Like Nigga Ambush Them Behind Your Lines

Probably because he solidified what Pompeii was. To render the Republic only to a label while he held all power.

Apart from that, he probably is a bit over-rated. That's probably just a flaw in most historical accounts.

Part of it is just due to the cult of personality that was built up around him from Augustus onwards but you're severely underestimating his skills as a general.

Seriously, go balls deep into his wars in Gaul. Between consistently defeating armies larger than his own, pitting the tribes against eachother and then coming in to conquer them, his repeated ability of turning mistakes and terrible positioning into wins, the feats his engineering corps. achieved.

And this isn't even getting into the civil war and beating Pompey "Just throw me a Triumph" Magnus

Childhood is idolizing Caesar because he's Caesar
Adulthood is hating on Caesar because idolizing him is what children do
Elder tier is idolizing Caesar because he actually was pretty fucking good.

Literally no one has asked which Caesar?

>Carthaginians with their war elephants are closing in on our position
>Have an idea
>Yo! Tiberius, Servius, bring me that pig from the supply train
>Hang the pig upside down from a scaffold and stab it just enough to get it squealing bloody murder
>Elephants get spooked and trample their own troops
> High V's all around.

Evereyone wants to be a Roman until its time to do Roman shit

Literally nobody is that pedantic.

Why is that pedantic?

>in the shape of a lion or?

Don't type like this. This is how teenage girls and blacks type

When one refers to Caesar, everybody knows damn well they're referring to Julius Caesar.

Other Caesars have different names used to reference them (Augustus, Caligula, etc.)

Cause hes popular.

Caesar succeeded where others failed. And he did it at Pharsarlus against a numerically superior enemy led by a very capable general. Whereas Hannibal got stomped as soon as he wasn't fighting inexperienced and stupid Roman generals. Also Caesar cucked like half of Rome.

Because he is like the founder of Roman Empire

Caeser won all his wars, meanwhile Napoleon got BTFO.

But they're all Caesars

Because Caesar has been romanticised ever since he died, and was assassinated and won all the important battles. Whilst Hannibal, Napoleon and Phyrrus lose all their important battles

No that was Sulla or Crassus

>Napoleon was a good general
If we agree on that can we also ageee the duke of Marlborough was good

People jerk of to Hannibal almost as much. Even if he had been a terrible general he is of huge importance, as a political figure.

Pyrrhus could never win without having his own army destroyed in the process so you cant really put him higher up than Caesar.

Caesar's generalship during the Civil War was pretty stellar. Munda, Pharsalus, and Utica were all major wins. Idk why haters only bring up the gauls.

Give Cicero his due. He was THE rhetorician of his day and even Caesar admired the flawlessness and eloquence of his Latin.

And what did Caesar do, if not btfo armies larger than his on several occasions for fucks sake. You act like it was only Hanibal that did that.

>Also Caesar cucked like half of Rome.

he also got cucked by half of rome too

Wait, so you're telling me we were actually talking about Carlos I the whole time, well time to delete my posts

Only if you're op..

>If we agree on that can we also ageee the duke of Marlborough was good

Has anyone ever doubted Napoleons generalship?

Crassus was way too sneaky and slyin comparison to Trump.

I would say a combination of these two answers is probably closest to the truth. With one important addition. Caesar wrote it all down himself. And he wrote it down simply in an easy way for a student to understand. Gallic Wars was read by almost everyone receiving a classical education for the past 500 years.

If you read the Gallic Wars it's hard not to belive Caesar was one of the greatest generals of all time. First off, in the actual Gallic Wars Caesar did actually do some incredible things as a general. And you already know who Caesar is, you already know what he does. When you know the outcome it's hard to see Caesars victories as anything but the rising actions to his future accomplishment. Maybe most importantly, Caesar is incredibly flattering towards himself, I mean it's borderline propaganda.

>Caesar is incredibly flattering towards himself, I mean it's borderline propaganda.
What did you expect from a guy who wrote his autobiography in the third person?

I've jerked off to Hannibal alot,just he lost so who gives a flying fuck

This i agree with. I'd dare say that Theodore Roosevelt was the Ceasar of his day. Quite litetally from his militaristic POV, stepping into office, as well as, his ability to empower people and enspire loyalty to his troops. He was a great politician, as well.

t. Vercingetorix
t. Pompey
t. Senate

How could Caesar loose if he always had based MARCUS ANTONIUS at his side?

Decent series, bit upset with how they dealt with the death of Cassius and Brutus but apparently they ran out of budget.

No he's actually quite shitty for battle, it's his political power I can see as unique
>what is the Syrian air strike
How did they die
What did the red face paint mean

Generals in triumph painted their face red.

What is a Caesar without his Labienus?

What is a Caesar salad without his leonidas?

Brutus faced Octavian's approaching forces lone as a last stand and was stabbed multiple times. A kind of poetic justice to the death of Caesar I guess.

Caesar deserved it, he was literally a tyrant. That isn't justice that's just Romans sucking as usual.

I meant in the context of the show.

But what did the tradition first mean, and why was it done before it was tradition
Oh yeah remember now, but what about Brutus' last friend I don't remember his death

I think it started as a way saying that they're the ceremonial representative of Jupiter.

t. Vercingetorix

>t.
What does that stand for?

WE

>t.
Is used in Finnish language as a way to skip "terveisin", which means regards.

It has become known from spurdo shitposting.

Thanks