If I'm European why shouldn't I be eurocentric...

If I'm European why shouldn't I be eurocentric? Why are Europeans the only culture that are "supposed" to be viewing the world through a universalist lens? Paradoxically, is anti eurocentrism and a tendency toward universalism a uniquely European way of seeing the world?

Madness!

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2004/12/06/world/asia/chinas-textbooks-twist-and-omit-history.html?_r=0
youtu.be/NHaFYdnk5Ho
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_al-Haytham
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_scientists#Mathematicians
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Every single African, Middle Eastern and Indian poster on Veeky Forums is highly ethnocentric and racist and they spout autistic all day long about how their people are somehow special.

In my view Europeans have a tendency to be more reasonable and introspective.

Anti-whites are in a way the ultimate white supremacists, because they view the other races as having no agency and completely depending on white tolerance and benevolence to make it.

Well, Eurocentrism is a rather vague term, at least in the sense you seem to be using it.

In a historical context, or a history of ideas context, it seems sensible to broaden the scope of investigation.
Sometimes, actions in another part of the world can have effects in Europe.

It is kind of funny to me to see the question phrased this way too, because you seem to be ignoring entirely China when you are implying universalism is a distinctly European way of seeing things.

Same goes for the balkanians.

Wait - is the balkans Europe?

>It is kind of funny to me to see the question phrased this way too, because you seem to be ignoring entirely China when you are implying universalism is a distinctly European way of seeing things.
Have you ever taken a look at a syllabus of Chinese history taught in China?

We
Wuz
EVERYTHING

>Have you ever taken a look at a syllabus of Chinese history taught in China?

I haven't (not that user), can you provide some examples?

Not him but have a new York times article

nytimes.com/2004/12/06/world/asia/chinas-textbooks-twist-and-omit-history.html?_r=0

Most people that complain about eurocentricism are americans. Americans have an identity problem because they lack culture of their own, unlike Europeans. This is probably why americans are so autistic about race and talk about their ethnic herirages as if they were dog breeds.

You mean to tell me that the country known for propaganda and state controlled media teaches a warped view of history? I'm truly shocked.

>no culture
Even if you don't like the culture doesn't mean it doesn't exist. American media and culture has penetrated every corner of the globe.

Why should I accept the narrative the Europe invented all of the world's technologies and steam rolled everyone all at once right at the time European and European derived societies are at their zenith?

Seems awfully convenient.

Isaac Newton

a white European

literally surpassed all the combined scientific accomplishments of the "golden age of islam"

SINGLE HANDILY

You have to understand this in the context of colonialism. Yes, things like slavery, conquest and subjugation are as old as humanity itself. Everyone's history is full of it, no argument there. However, the Europeans were the first to carry it out on a global scale never seen before; the effects of which still reverberate today.

He single-handedly surpassed everything that came before him, but sholders of giants etc.

Which begs the question

why did someone like Newton arise from Europe

why didn't a Newton like figure arise during the golden age of islam....

Muslims dominated science, and then Galileo, Kepler and Newton come along and Europe starts to dominate

why?

You're supposed to feel ashamed of the horrible things you did to us in order to give us a chance to do the same thing to you.

>EY YO U WUZ WE WUZ ME WUZ NOW I WUZ N SHIIIET
youtu.be/NHaFYdnk5Ho

Because reasons. Don't you know that everything can be explained away by geographical and social conditions? Even though determinism is bad! And whitey also stole all the knowledge from Africa and Muslim countries! And they invented everything not because of reason but because they're really special.

"whitey stole from africa"

proof?

Newton just happened to be born at the right place and at the right time. If you replaced him with an African bushman, the same bushman would have done everything Newton did exactly the same way Newton did. On the other hand if you placed white Europeans, say Dutchmen, in Africa, say somewhere to the -- South, they wouldn't farm and develop the land into the wealthiest of the continent, they would simply and immediately strip naked and become primitive cannibals.

Ok, I will explain it only once because this is a recurring theme. You posted this here and not on /pol/ and used respectful language so here it goes:
There are essentially two types of processes, nationalism and imperialism. Those two are usually mistakenly identified with aggression and have a lot of historical baggage but in their essence, nationalism is about preserving the identity and self identification of a small tribe while imperialism is about having a unified political dominance over several nationalistic cultures with the end goal of uniting them into one policy, first politically and than culturally. This can be a bit confusing because usually empires arise out of competition between those smaller identities and the winning one is fiercely nationalistic. But when it comes to dominate the others, it over time, opens up to the other tribes starting from the elites in order to gain stability and to utilize their resources more fully. In this trade-off, the loosing tribes need to adopt the cultural identity of the main tribe but in exchange they gain a seat at the table and also contribute some aspects of their culture. That's what happened with the Persian empire, Hellenistic empires and with Rome. We are currently living in the age of the dominance of the western power, with the elites trying to cement their imperial project by switching from nationalism to the embracing the "loosing tribes" stage. This is done from a position of strength but is misinterpreted by some conservative Europeans as an assault of their national identity while in reality it's just the final stage of uniting the world under the western culture. Some other Europeans may just want to be left alone in their smaller tribe and forfeit world dominance which is a legitimate viewpoint but it is clearly against the interest of the elite which wants to dominate the world and not only their tribe. There is nothing sinister about the viewpoints of both sides.

Because some fictional characters in Greek Mythology are from exotic countries the authors likely have never been to, such as "Ethiopia" and "India". And Greek philosophers like Pythagoras also got their "secret wisdom" from "secret schools" in "India", "Chaldea" and "Egypt".

Because its better to get a complete picture of the world than simply a simple of a small continent.

After all, Europe only has 10% of world population and~6% of world landmass.

If you don't plan on interacting with anyone outside the Europe, I suppose thats fine. But given that everyone has internet, given that world travel is common, given that in our lifetime, space colonization might be possible, and so on, limiting your knowledge to only european identity politics is pretty much outdated to say the least.

You could make your case when Europe was much more relevant around 19th century. Back when Europe was the hotspot. That era passed by and gave rise to the American era during 20th century. And now in the 21st century, it will be the Chinese century and possibly Indian century next.

Europe's eminence is all but over in grand scheme of things, unless something drastic happens.

no, blacks have lower iqs than whites genetics wise

thats not proof

lol

I'm not. Tho i agree, many of my countrymen, and our neighbors are. But i've seen a few non biased people from different Balkan countries on this board.
However /int/ tier shitters are the loudest.

What are you talking about? If one Roman author from the 500s AD writes that Pythagoras traveled to Egypt to learn "secret wisdom" from Egyptian "priests" a thousand years before he was even born, this is 100% percent proof that Subsaharan Africans invented calculus.

That's wrong. Africans invented quantum Chrono dynamics ten millennia ago but dem CUMSKINS were too dumb to comprehend it.

Because its bias and unobjective. History and politics should be seen from a humancentric view or else you will make mistakes.

>literally surpassed all the combined scientific accomplishments of the "golden age of islam"
not at all

>Have you ever taken a look at a syllabus of Chinese history taught in China?
I haven't but my girlfriend is Chinese and it sounds pretty good. They basically rote learn the entire world history, they know it all, my girlfriend was talking about president Hoover the other day as if he's common knowledge.

Whereas in the west it's what, years looking at random specific areas without any context.

This is a comedic post right, because Isaac is the one who said he stood on the shoulders of giants.

There was actually lots of Newton like thinkers in the Islamic golden age but they didn't have the background behind their knowledge to go as far as he did. They are the ones who provided the backdrop instead.

You might as well say why didn't Bill Gates appear in 1940.

>commentaries on Aristotle and ancient Greek and Indian treatises are more important than the entire field of Classical Physics
Scientific illiterate detected.

Stupidest bullshit I've ever heard.

This guy used some calculus like formulae for finding volumes, but he didn't make it a system.

He also, apparently, discovered that sight happens when light is reflected from an object into the eye.

He's an Arab. Don't even get started on the Persians.

Anti eurocentrism is a Jewish psyop designed to undermine the accomplishments of our civilization and lower us to the level of the money men.

How on earth could you possibly be brought to saying such a thing from such a basic post as explaining Chinese education through a reliable anecdote?

Calculus as you're describing it dates back to the Greeks, fuck off Mohammed, your people are inferior shitskins

>He also, apparently, discovered that sight happens when light is reflected from an object into the eye.
I dont know why this took so long to figure out. If light fucking came from our eyes it would get progressively darker as people closed their eyes one by one.

>fuck off Mohammed, your people are inferior shitskins
Logic you can trust.

>He also, apparently, discovered that sight happens when light is reflected from an object into the eye.
Yes and you know whom he got that from? Aristotle.

I bet you think pic related invented the clock too, right?

Give it up Muhammad.

I don't know either.
He wrote books about Optics and other things.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_al-Haytham

>If I'm European why shouldn't I be eurocentric?
you should. just don't go all WE WUZ and realize that others have done stuffas well.

We get it, you hate Muslims and thus disregard everything they might have ever done.

Because you didn't do anything
Your entire history is koran recital and camel fucking
I spit in the eye of your flag and country

Hey guys did you know that Indians invented the airplane because they conceived the concept of a flying vehicle? Therefore nevermind the people who actually invetended the airplane, they just stole the idea from ancient POC!

There are African sand paintings of rockets still well preserved in the sahara, did you know Europeans stole the concept from them?

there are pictures of the Sun in Egyptian tombs

does that mean black people invented the sun?

dey stole our teknology! gib reparation! gib money! gib phone

gib gib gib gib gib gib gib gib gib gib gib gib gib gib

Aha, the typical "you", assuming i must be muslim for disagreeing with you. I'm not.

Jesus christ grow up, i used to be one of you morons about a decade ago.

no there wasn't

no one in the islamic golden age came close to producing a masterpiece like the Principia that Newton did

Because I don't buy that your girlfriend was educated in 100 year old U.S presidents in a country that until 20 years ago was a Marxist dictatorship.

what does this even mean they didn't have the background behind their knowledge?

Humans originate in Africa all civilizations are African.

we wuz scientists and kanzg and shieet!

that pasty cracka ass Newton didn't invent notin lmao!

LOL AL HAYTHAM

Al Haytham was mediocre at best........ he was the best of the islamic scientist

but isn't on the same level as Newton or Einstein both EUROPEAN Geniuses

Yes

this is what black people actually believe

holy shit

Yakov Ibn Aton and Al-Bert ibn Aish-Aten were black Muslim scientists rfom Egypt!

Das rite

yes he did...Newton surpassed all the scientific achievements of the islamic golden age with the Principia

>Calculus

>Alhazen discovered the sum formula for the fourth power, using a method that could be generally used to determine the sum for any integral power. He used this to find the volume of a paraboloid. He could find the integral formula for any polynomial without having developed a general formula.[134]
came close

but i agree, principia is principia

the "Islamic Golden Age" was pretty much the continued Greek golden age

muslims did nothing original

>Yakov
That's Isḥāq, Isḥāq New-Aton my mistake.

Don't bother. It's the same mong who posts these kind of threads every other day, with the same picture of a pensive gorilla, the same "look-at-me-I'm-so-reasonable" language and the same "thinly veiled /pol/ thread" themes. It's a minimally elaborate troll. Sage.

As for you, fuck off back to where you came from.

There were elements of Calculus from Archimedes, to China, to India

but it wasn't really until Newton and Leibniz, that calculus really became a solid foundation

>Leibniz
Not Al Ibn Niz.

I bet you think that "Leibniz" was a pasty white cracka too lmao!

i doubt that
it's hard to compare things across time, unless you have an agenda

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_scientists#Mathematicians

What's wrong with gorilla posting? Nothing.

do black people really believe they were ancient egyptians

then you obviously don't understand the effect that Newton's Principia had on science

nigga we wuz KANGZ!

y r u so scare whiteboi lmao!

i do, user, it was very influential

that doesn't diminish the achievement of the people who came before him

Hmm, /pol/ can't into scientific research, who would have thought.

I found an ancient picture of Ali ibn Niz or "Leibniz", the black Muslim Egyptian Israelite that invented calculus thousands of years before Christ. As you can see he was clearly a black man. Whitey can't handle the truth lmao.

Well then you're retarded. They are educated on all this stuff, forced to memorise it and what they did.

It's all viewed through a Marxist lense, she told me about how they were taught about Ghandi, how he is viewed as a Marxist using the people against the capitalist Empire of Britian.

Being a commie country doesn't mean they don't educate you it means they twist the truth.

Why do white people portray Isḥāq New-Aton as a pasty white cracka?

also has no-one before that ever went into a dark room before and then left to fetch a light-source because they couldn't see?
fucking eyebeams, how do they work?

>europe won't be overrun by Islamists
>all the scientists researching better ways for space travel that don't escape to Mexico and Japan won't be executed by terrorists for practicing black magic
>we will get to space with mass Arab immigration to Europe

I have some bad news for you buddy.

The book On The Origin of Species was originally written in Arabic by the famous black Muslim biologist Darul-Win. Proof: pic related.

Whitey BTFO!

T. Chinese propaganda agent

You guys are fucking insane.

Muslims invented rocket propulsion and traveled to space during the Islamic Golden Age.

What do you think a minaret is? Whitey BTFO yet again!

Who are you posting this for?

Yeah, congratulations, you're very fucking smart in 2017 and a first world country.

No one has ever made that claim except a couple of /pol/tards.

Muslims visiting Europe in their advanced space ships during the Islamic Golden Age. How can whitey even compete?

Pretty much this.

Islamic Golden Age energy towers.

Muslim aircraft. Pretty common during the Islamic Golden Age.

Goodnight white pride!

Muslim conquerors arriving at Al-Andalus in their flying saucers. The invention of al-gebra and q-al-qulus was instrumental in the development of the Muslim space program.

that's not a logical assertion, it's a factual statement coupled with a command.

Dude it's Veeky Forums

10 million muslims just be airdropped directly into Madrid to recivilize us! Please! How can I get into contact with the Saudi embassy to arrange this?

Primitive whitey never saw what hit them lmao

Muslims also split the atom during the Islamic Golden Age. Pic relate, ancient Muslim Atomic Bomb.

The word atomic comes from the black Egyptian god Aton, not from atom, as whitey would have you believe.