Gold Will Move 'Quietly Higher;' Bitcoin Has Seen Its High

Gartman also had very harsh thoughts on the new gold in town: cryptocurrencies. And, to the longtime investor, the leading crypto bitcoin has already seen its high.

“I don’t think there’s any question bitcoin saw its high a month ago and the fact that ethereum had its blow up last week shows you how tenuous are the underpinnings of that market.”

Despite his bearish assessment on the virtual currencies, Gartman said he thinks blockchain technology is “genius” and wouldn’t be surprised to see the technology used to trade stocks in the future.

However, he does not view these new forms of exchange as a currency.

“The reason for bitcoin to have been created was ostensibly to be used as a purchasing mechanism, like dollars; but if something is able to move 15-20% in the course of a day, how can that possibly be used as a purchasing mechanism?” he questioned.

“I think it’s the most comical, ludicrous, and silly notion to come down the pipe since tulip bulb mania of the 15th century.”

kitco.com/news/2017-06-27/Gold-Will-Move-Quietly-Higher-Bitcoin-Has-Seen-Its-High-Dennis-Gartman.html

Literally who?

>Caring about what some boomer goldbug thinks

Why?

He isn't wrong, everyone here is just delusional.

hes just a kike on the inside

>bitcoin has no underlying value
>t. nocoiner since bitcoin was $10

Idgaf what some washed up boomer predicts

fuck gold nigga. mr baby boomer can't think outside the box of his traditional asset classes

Fucking kek

This is some good news. Anyone who doesn't know who Dennis Gartman is should know that you always do the opposite of what he says. If he is bearish you better be bullish if he is bullish then fuck you, get bearish.

he makes a good point in saying that volatility kills the actual mechanism of crypto; buying things

i don't give a shit though, i'm just trading this shit to make money

This Gartman guy is a meme on Zerohedge because he is always wrong.

>goldcucks

>delaying normies

Thank you, doing God's work right here

>b-bitcoin is DONE, MUH TULIPS
>It rises up to a new ATH

I swear these boomers will be discounting Crypto even when the market cap surpasses the stock market.

>tfw boomers will be the great elders soon
>tfw no elderly wisdom because boomers are retarded

>b-buy my g-gold whalebags everyone, p-please
>crypto isn't real money, our unlimited magic money is the real one

this guy is an absolute contrarian indicator

completely wrong on most calls

t. trader for 10 years

>btc has seen its high

Dumbfuck

Haven't (((they))) been saying this since BTC was like $1000 or something?

Soon as it surpassed a fraction of a cent, boomers denied it.

>since btc was $100
Ftfy

>t. i got in at 3k and now i'm mad as fuck, Boomer

(((Gartman)))

That is all

This type of stuff really tickles me.

why would gold have value but not bitcoin?

because he's comfortable with gold and digital anything scares him

stupid kids, just do what we did when we were young. Just go get a high paying job (there's plenty of them, just walk in and tell the boss you're a Hard Worker(tm)) then buy yourself a house in 4 months. Then when you're in your 50s, collect your pension and social security. Your silly cryptowoosties are a waste of time.

>he makes a good point in saying that volatility kills the actual mechanism of crypto; buying things

That just isn't true or logical

$100 of crypto is worth $100 of stuff or $100 of dollars or $100 of yen

This guy just says shit his customers expect him to say because he is a Gold shill

king jew, now sell and buy the shekels

Do you honestly believe that once bitcoin has been fully mined and everyone is aware of it and its market presence is established, that it will continue to have 10-25% daily swings??

Bitcoin is either going higher or its going to be worthless. The current level of volatility is meaningless.

because the lizard Jew's making insane fortunes by manipulating gold prices don't want people moving their fiat into anything else

Volatility is decreasing over time. Look it up. Any time anyone uses the tulip bulb meme you know definitely they have to idea what they are talking about and should never listen to or associate with them again.

You missed his point. The price of Bitcoin changes to fast for it to be useful as currency.

(((Gartman))) A kike would never lie to you. So be good goys and gals and only use government approved (((federal reserve))) jewcoins.

that's sort of true for the most part, but that's only because the market is still very small. A single large purchaser or seller could affect it's value. There's not enough "bloat" in the system to be able to absorb the shock. It's not a design flaw, that's just how it is with small markets. As the market grows bigger and bigger those shock waves (price fluctuations) will get smaller and smaller. That's how markets work.

>our unlimited magic money is the real one
Oye vey goyim! It was given to us by GOD, we are his chosen people!

Hate on bitcoin is good, keeps the normies out

>he makes a good point in saying that volatility kills the actual mechanism of crypto
And what would that retard know about "the actual mechanism of crypto" is he a software engineer? The guy it a literal and actual RETARD!!