Could Hitler have done anything differently leading the the nazi's winning the war?

Could Hitler have done anything differently leading the the nazi's winning the war?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/2FCgV3k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

At what point did it all go wrong?

Stop at Czechoslovakia, wait for the USSR to invade Poland, drive Communism from Europe.

no
everything was planned

Not start a war against Britain that he couldn't win

Not start a war against the USSR that he couldn't win

Not declare war on the US when you're already losing

Basically everything he did

Not kill people.

During Barbarossa they just needed to attack Moscow in the summer instead of sending the Panzer groups to the Kiev pocket.

December 1941
>Zhukov launches huge counter-offensive that crushes Germans' hopes of capturing Moscow
>Peak of Russian winter leaves Army group Center paralyzed
>Japan bombs Pearl Harbor
>Germany declares war on the United States
>Lend lease starts being fully supplied to Britain and the Soviet Union

No.

not invade russia in winter xd

Basically this.

Germany didn't have the capabilities to win a war against Britain, let alone against the USSR and the USA as well. The British has the air and naval advantage, there was about nothing Germany could do to possible defeat them.

Just fucking leave Veeky Forums

Appeal sincerely to the idea of Germanic corporation averting war with the UK and the USA by whatever means he could.

Appeal to conservative sentiment in the UK, the left would have never gone to war with him, in order to do this he should have done less to arouse the anxiety of the Brits with his all round bellicosity. He might have even been able to sell his invasion of Poland to the Tory party and a preemptive measure to check the soviets influence.
He once told Lord Hallifax to shoot Gandhi and keep shooting until order was restored, if he was an earnest, more pragmatic defender of British imperialism, the domestic argument that he intended to ravage the UK would have held no weight.

Reduce the frequency of treaty violations.

Make acquisitions of European land in the Austrian/Sudetenland way, appealing to the German heritage and promising better lives for the people.

Whittle away at the Soviet Union economically - Germany is a natural industrial superpower, the Soviet Union wouldn't have been able to compete.

The UK and the USA did not much object to his anti-Bolshevik, antisemitic regime. He should have fought those forces without alienating the western world, perhaps even arousing support - maybe Germany, inheriting the riches of Russia and Jewry would then be in a position to call the shots.

This fucking meme.

Germany was destroying Britain before the USSR and USA got involved.

Invasion of Poland.

after Austraia and the Sudatenland were incorporated into the Greater German Reich, pause for 10 years or so to build up the Reich's economy.

Germany's GNP on a full war footing was half of the USA's in the midst of a crippling depression.

For starters he could have not been an egomanical, impulsive faggot and actually listened to the more capable strategists below him.

Maybe not piss off literally every world power who mattered at the same time

He should've stopped annexing countries after he got Austria.

Also should've worked with the Poles, Czechs, Slovaks, and other Europeans to form a NATO/EU-type alliance against Soviet aggression; instead of trying to build an empire.

But hindsight's 20/20.

Destroying is an overstatement, If the UK was made to stand alone indefinitely then of-course Germany would have eventually triumphed but they lacked absolute naval and aerial superiority, they would not have, in any short amount of time managed to achieve this making an invasion of Great Britain more of a long-term goal.

You should remember that the terror bombing of civilian areas was born out of desperation. The UK was producing more planes than it could pilot and with Churchill were not likely to be convinced of the merits of surrender and/or appeasement.

You don't send the Deputy Fuhrer on a parachute solo-mission to broker peace with a man he's never met if the war is going well.

germany's operational strength in the west was around 20 percent. britain was a non factor for the majority of the war and its main powerplay was the immense suffering they caused to yugoslavia by staging a coup and throwing it under german tanks so humongous human suffering slows them down a bit.

beady eyed fucks, man

Holy shit this.

>wait for Stalin to invade Finland or Poland
>now the USSR is an international pariah
>if he doesn't invade Poland, try to ally with Poland
>you can now defeat Russia and the West won't be able to interfere because you only invaded a pariah

By not subscribing to such a shitty philosophy, probably.

Nazism helped him early because he got huge support from capitalists who saw fascism as a friend (which it was.) They couldn't possibly entirely bankroll his taking of Europe the way they had his ascent in Germany, so dude had to blitzkrieg. Once the Soviets broke his stride at Stalingrad, the Nazis were essentially defeated

>By not subscribing to such a shitty philosophy
will keep that in mind next time i hear people screaming about muh animal/environmental rights so i can call them nazis

Germany had a significant disadvantage though.Lacking naval and aerial superiority allowed the British to blockade Germany. There was no way the Germans could ever gain superiority in these areas. On top of having a shortage of supplies (and an economic system that would soon disallow them to keep borrowing from the USSR), the Germans also had to maintain military occupations of two major European countries.

imagine if he couldve bred 3x20year generations out of it and sat atop a throne. Should of renamed himself the second coming.

He could have tried not turning into a fucking junkie burn-out idk

Invasion of Russia was probably his biggest mistake, then again the way his chain of command was set up didn't help at all.

WHY DO WE HAVE THIS THREAD EVERY FUCKING DAY

Uncensored Political discord : discord.gg/2FCgV3k

how about not turning every occupied population against you by mass executing their people for no reason other than your insane millenarian fantasies.

Isn't it true though

Plenty in hindsight, some if he'd listened to advice at the time.

When Germany elected party unfit to win comming war.

He could have taken control of the Suez Canal early on which would have given him a foothold on the Mediterranean and supplied Germany with oil; giving them an extreme economic edge.

A coat and some blankets.

Because it is an enormously influential event in our history numbnuts

>Not start a war against Britain that he couldn't win
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I may have fallen victim to propaganda, but didn't Hitler offer Britain peace? I think the most notable conditions of peace were:
1. Hitler would withdraw from France, keeping only whatever land Germany possessed before the first World War had erupted
2. A German military division would be installed in the British army
3. Germany would be allowed a clear path to the East
Didn't Hitler generally admire the British?
>not start a war against the USSR that he couldn't win
So then what do you propose? That the commies should be left unchecked invading the Baltic and Eastern European countries? Wasn't it British and American financial aid that made it possible for Stalin to beat Hitler? Well.. that, plus America freezing Japanese assets and halting all exports of oil to the Japanese, so that Stalin didn't have to worry about an invasion from the East and could relocate the army that was stationed there to fight the Germans instead?

>but didn't Hitler offer Britain peace?
Yeah and they refused because Hitler had already shown himself to be untrustworthy.
>That the commies should be left unchecked invading the Baltic and Eastern European countries?
It was Hitler who let those invasions happen with the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact.
Also the siberian divisions saving the day is a meme.

How had Hitler previously proven himself to be untrustworthy?

Even then, hadn't Hitler expressed admiration for the British long before attempts at peace were made? Even if he hadn't honored his word before, I'd interpret his expressed admiration towards the British as a sign that he would honor this specific agreement, had it been accepted.

And also, couldn't you make an argument that the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact, or at least the secret protocol of it that was only later revealed, was necessary so that the pact would be established and Germany wouldn't have to fight on two fronts yet again?

And perhaps the Siberian divisions didn't "save the day" but they certainly did help, as did the financial aid Stalin received. I mean.. shit, Hitler was a couple dozen miles away from Moscow at some point.

I just generally don't buy the notion that Hitler was simply an expansionist that would've kept going and posed a threat to literally everyone.

Hitler burned too many bridges getting to where he was in 1940. Nobody was interested in trusting him after everything he'd done.

>I have no more territorial demands
>lol jk

I mean.. the fact that he was willing to withdraw from the West and only keep whatever territory belonged to Germany before the first World War goes to show that he wasn't acting as an expansionist simply for the sake of expansion. His goal seemed to be different than simply "Gain as much territory as I can".

Well.. you better find some "interest in trusting him" then, if that means a better future for your, and Europe's, people. Also, could you point me to what bridges Hitler burned that made him untrustworthy?

>How had Hitler previously proven himself to be untrustworthy?
woaaaah.
Right, well, first of all he broke the treaty of versaiis multiple times, remilitarization of the rhineland and aunchluss, he demanded the sudeteland and ended up installing a puppet government.
Beyond that given the chance to have peace Hitler didn't take it, if hitler wanted peace he would've listened to Chamberlain's communication and not marched on poland, when he did sop it was very clear that hitler didn't want peace, he wanted expansion.

>implying the treaty of Versailles didn't treat Germany in an utterly unfairly
Sure, yeah, it was "technically" wrong for him to do so.

And uhh.. didn't Hitler offer peace to Poland in exchange for Danzig, which was essentially a "free" city to begin with, and for a way to be established so that Germany was connected and in communication with East Prussia? From a geopolitical standpoint I don't see why Poland would ever deny this offering. Danzig wasn't theirs to begin with and establishing a form of communication between Germany and East Prussia doesn't sound that bad. Given Hitler's goal to unite the German people, and how the Polish had rejected the proposal, it was to be expected that Hitler would invade Poland to get what he wants, after all other attempts had proven fruitless.

Again, given his proposal it is evident that his goal was to unite the German people, not expansion.

By the way, I'm not justifying Hitler's goal, nor the means which he resorted to in order to achieve it. I'm simply saying that given his goals and power he possessed all out World War could've, most likely, been avoided, had certainly people responded differently to him, which wouldn't seem unreasonable to me.

utterly unfair way*
certain*
God damn it.

Poland also requested that Hitler wait with any demands until they had their own port city build which is not an unreasonable request either

and besides everything is clear that Hitler would have declared war on Poland regardless of its response to the ultimatum.

Huh.. I've never heard of Poland requesting that Hitler wait for them to establish their own port city before making any demands.

How was it clear that Hitler was planning on invading though? Weren't plans of "influencing" or invading Poland, that were contained within the secret protocol of the Molotov–Ribbentrop pact, made after Poland had made a military alliance with Britain for its defense against Germany? I'd interpret that as a sign that Poland had no intention of accepting Hitler's demands and was preparing for war. And in response to that Hitler denounced a couple agreements or pacts that Germany had with both Britain and Poland.

The issue is that you can say now that Hitler was only looking to unite the German people, but you have a key event that made the West permanently turn against Hitler. He took over the nongerman parts of Czechoslavakia. That act of taking over a non German people and completely ignoring the most important diplomatic interaction of the time meant that the West could never be sure that Hitler would.keep his word about anything.

I guess you're talking about the Germans extending their occupation of Czechoslovakia beyond the Sudetenland, to what I guess would afterwards be the "Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia". right? Yeah, you've got a point there.

Hitler could have had his Greater Germany and would have been the bastion of Europe, possibly with English and French help had he let Stalin make the aggressive moves first. People in the west for example loved Mussolini because he seemed to be keeping the lazy Italians in line. When dictators don't go full autismo they generally stay in power. Franco, for example.