NEW NAZI CHART: NAZISM, FASCISM, MARXISM AND TOTALITARIANISM

new nazi chart, will post the other nazi charts though i realize the need slight revisions

hmm realize i couldve put ernst nolte's three faces of fascism but its a difficult work and somewhat controversial

anyone suggest what i should move onto next? i was thinking nazi germany in world war 2 or eastern front in one chart and middle east and western front in another. other than that i was thinking of making stuff on italian fascism

nazi origins chart part 1

part 2, I have a few more books to add to this actually to i'll post a revised version in a second

woops

An Italian Fascism chart would be dope.

ok, i'll move on to that next

I highly recommend that you add Fascism: Comparison and Defintion by Stanley G. Payne

hmm but having read his history of fascism his introductory chapter has an in depth discussion about the definition of fascism, which i suspect is a summary of the book you mention

revising the chart so i'll add it

ok revised the chart

It's nice to see Roger Griffin in there. I used to be a student of his.

Totalitarianism is a meme, stop trying to compare Stalinism to Nazism when they're complete opposites besides "muh authoritarianism"

i've added more works to the nazi origins part 2 chart, there's no particular thematic order thatll have to be for a future chart

i'm glad you like

>Totalitarianism is a meme
what's your proof? have you read any of the books in the chart to verify this claim? I personally think there are much more links besides authoritarianism to link the two nazism and stalinism. but anyway the chart is not limited to this comparison; I provided books to help contrast nazism to fascism as well, because some would argue that nazism is actually not fascist.

forgot pic

found yet more to add

I remember seeing a pic that was like a flowchart of books on the topic, anyone have it?

took a detour to make a chart on the chinese warlord era. i'll now get to work on an italian fascism chart

i haven't ever seen it. you mean a flowchart on nazism?

It was like a flowchart with books on fascism branching off into more specialized sects, I honestly regret not saving it.
Tbh you should try and make something like that

Thanks

interesting, that does sound like a good idea. i'll try to make a chart like that after i'm through italian fascism charts

Thanks lad, you've got some good work here

Bump

found more books so i had to take up the whole picture. if someone wants to add more white space underneath and make a title for the chart i'd much appreciate it. this mac photo program i use is utterly retarded

I'm looking forward to the Italian fascism chart user, good luck! Thanks for the great work.

>No Hitler's Revolution
>No pic related
>Includes Dialectic of Enlightenment

These are really shitty lists. I'm not seeing anyn philisophy besides Dialectic of Enlightnemnt, not having Sorel or Hegel anywhere in here is pretty sad.

What are you retarded?

I looked up the two books you mention and there seems to be some link to stormfront and metapedia.
>Includes Dialectic of Enlightenment
Notice how I didn't put it in the first version? I was skeptical about it but I was thinking it may be worth adding because their whole thesis that "instrumental reasoning" brought forth by the enlightenment, which was thought to bring progress/rationalist etc., also ended up providing the foundation and even justification for totalitarian regimes.
Also notice that I added Ernst Nolte's Three Faces of Fascism to the revised chart as well, which is controversial in its own way, partly because Nolte later in his life believed the holocaust was justified or some left field writings along those lines.
>These are really shitty lists.
lol
>Sorel or Hegel
This is a history board and I thought dialectic of enlightment might help illuminate a historical process, even if that process is not accepted. Other than that I've posted secondary historical scholarship because that's the best way to get grounded in an area of history. You can't expect anyone here to read Hegel, who is notoriously opaque

>even if that process is not accepted.
not entirely accepted by all scholars (hence why I put the contested marker on it)*

i also realize i put that book on the wrong chart...

I get this is more Veeky Forums than Veeky Forums but having more of an idealogical context to understand the group behavior of certain parties is still important. Especially if you want to get into war, understanding the economic principles surrounding marxism and fascism are important as well.

I was mostly just bantz though

>you can't expect anyone here to read Hegel

True enough

You should add this book to your chart it's fantastic, and incredibly informative.

Awesome list. I don't recognize all of these titles but some of them are essentials like Bloodlands if you want to know what the Eastern front was all about. Does the Road to Serfdom apply as well?

its in the third pic i posted
yeah i think that'd be a nice addition to provide another comparison of the nazi and communist regimes

A rare but necessary book that is not about III Reich and Soviet Union taken as opposites but as political forces working together. Less controversial than Suvorov at least but also true.

I would suggest "Our political nature" a political science book. It deals with both fascism and communism and the biological and evolutionary reasons behind them.
"Predisposed" is another book but it barely touches the far left and far right.

the problem with these is that its simply a blob of info and no structure to process it. You might at the very least want to separate into tiers or perhaps recommending a certain essentials

In the future i plan on doing so. These are placeholders until then

bump

Well, today I was reading a book called "Army of Evil: A History of the SS" which details the origins of the Schutzstaffel from a small force of bodyguards for Hitler and his allies to its growth in power to becoming to principle instrument of Hilter's will in Germany and occupied territories. It also details Hitler's rise to power and formation of the Nazi party, although the focus is always from the point of view of the SS.

i'll put it in a road to world war ii chart or something like that

i'll add our political nature