Veeky Forums class

Name something that Veeky Forums would teach in a college course about history if we ran one as a collective.

The holohoax

From Ass to Blast: The History of Shitposting in the Meme Era, 2012-2017 (20 credits)

HIS 112: the holocaust didnt happen (but it would be cool if it did)

The Greatest Nation on Earth: How France Defeated Every Nation Militarily in Every War and Fucked their Women

we'd probably do a Persiaboo backlash against muh 300, clearly defining the difference between tribal Arab desert shits and a civilized, logical, and progressive persians. We'd talk about how great civilizations had been in the area for like 8000 years and how the Romans viewed the persians as their most civilized and respectable rival on the entire planet that they knew of. We'd talk about how in roman times, people talked about the old great kingdoms much like we talk about rome and Greece and such today, and the greatest of the old kingdoms that were like 4000 years old in roman times all came from the middle east, aka the cradle of civilization.

Then we'd go on a 6 hour tangent about why ISIS needs to be systematically executed for blowing up ancient monuments and other artifacts.

The final exam would be the question posited in this thread:

> > > 101

The Finns and other Mongolian tribes of the 21st century

This pleases me. C-c-c-can I touch... you?

20th century history excluding the world wars. There's a wealth of conflict and intrigue that goes almost totally ignored in academia as everyone just focuses on the obvious.

I would probably cover from the Spanish Civil War to the Yugoslav Wars.

I'd just tell at people for having their phones out and force my whole class to not use laptops.

Socrates was a cuck that only edgelords liked

>France
>Winning wars

Literally never happened

The Finno-Korean hyperwar

never forgetti

Soviet-Afghan War, Pakistan ISI, Saudi Arabia GID, and U.S involvement. Also the Raise of Islamic Radicals.

This is almost non existence in books in American books. Everything just jumps right too Bin Laden and 9/11, doesn't even mention what lead the this. Really sad though.

Ah, Lindybeige! Didnt know you also teached in Veeky Forums class.

That's always something that angers me a lot in history classes, that a lot of preceeding events to wars and conflict are either glossed over or ignored. I can understand when you're limited on time you can't afford to go all the way back to the Roman empire when talking about how it affected the rise of the Great War, but still, some information would be nice.

Yeah it is very annoying, I have no idea they do this. History is nothing but a cause and effect.

What makes me angry about this situation and topic is that many of this events play huge parts in the war on terror that we are currently facing. The fact that Operation Cyclone isn't mentioned in our books is fucking insane. If you read the declassified/leaked Soviet Union documents about this time period, they state the same problems that our current Military Officials are saying. Hell many of the individuals that were apart of the Mujahideen are the same members that we are in war with and were with the Taliban during their take over of Afghanistan.

It makes it really frustrating when you are debating other about this and they have no fucking idea about this event. When does it end user?

we learn about that stuff in political science.

but then everyone laughs at us for knowing this stuff.

so pick your poison

Why would they laugh at you?

I'd do a whole unit/section on John Dee and the development of early modern science as it diverged from occult experimentation, with some anthrolinguistics thrown in for good measure.

If I got a whole class I'd do one on the Anthropology of Religion and Ritual.

My country>>>>>>Your country

in my experience any profession that isn't STEM is mocked in the US. Teachers are considered very low on the social ladder, and respectable ones are generally dismissed as shills for something. It's a weird anti intellectual culture that only values the hard sciences and considers the humanities to be of a lower social status on the campus.

>Why you should hate turks

I would put a big emphasis on time lines in history. I think people should be much more aware of how history is connected.

To be fair that's because many are just shills that are up their own ass.

That is all of human history desu