Friends of mine started approaching me and asked me to invest long term in cryptocurrency for them...

Friends of mine started approaching me and asked me to invest long term in cryptocurrency for them. I'm keeping 10% of their profits at the end of each month since cashing out is a meme in this world. If they end up with losses i dont take any money, but wont refund either ofc.
Does Veeky Forums invest/speculate for friends? How do you deal with it?

Nope never, I have been asked to and refuse, nothing will fuck a friendship like money or women.

I convinced my dad(Old businessman type)
We split 50% of what he gave me(profits) at the end of each month.

I considered doing that, but I have bad luck and would probably start fucking up as soon as I got their money.

Ditto. Friends will get pissed at you asking you why didn't you invest in this coin that went up 80% or this coin that went up 200%... but you invested in something that went down 40%.

yeah . Bubble confirmed.

That's a pretty retarded thing to do, get ready have no friends the moment the markets dip.

You can teach them/show them the ropes... but it is up to them to make the investments themselves.

That is what I did with the 2 friends that wanted me to invest for them, I showed them how to turn fiat into BTC, showed them exchanges and told them the basics.
One really doesn't have the balls for it so gets tiny gains while the other goes balls deep on shit I would never touch but it's working for him so far.

Thing is, people just do not want to learn about a new technology or market. As i said we are talking long term here and the sums invested (500€ every now and then) are manageable.
I think cryptos are here to stay, most are shit but a lot of concepts make sense so i do not want my friends missing out on this.

long term is buying and holding. Not selling and buying, selling and buying. If holding long term, and not cashing out, i dont see how your doing 10% profit a month realistically. Example. if they have 5000 coins on July 1 worth $.001 each totaling $5 whole dollars..then wait a month and the 5000 coins go up exactly $1 dollar each on aug 1 ($1.001 each = $5,005). You'd then take your 10% = $500.5. Which takes away 500 of their coins to be a total of 4499.5 coins left. You would be taking their coin supply away from them on profit months and leaving it alone on negative months. The profits only work when cashing out.

It isn't you responsibility to make sure they don't miss out, I just gave my mates 0.1 BTC each and let them at it. If I end up in lamboland while they wage slave I still did everything I could to bring them along.

I guess one of the better options is just to set them up on coinbase and have it automatically withdraw to BTC weekly/biweekly/monthly.. and just leave it there, if people don't want to learn about technology and shit.

Cryptos aren't going anywhere, but you aren't doing any service to friends by taking a small percentage of their profits and them being able to just set it and forget it. You are gonna have bad trades and lose money at some point, you can gain it too but it isn't worth the fucking hassle.

If people are too lazy to research and learn about something, they don't deserve the profits. simple as that. Shit is too fucking volatile to mark crypto as a solid investment. Crpyto isn't for everybody, and there is a good reason for that. Wageslaves gonna wageslave. Risktakers are gonna play with crypto and hope they get rich quick. They don't mix well.

My mom offered me $10,000 to invest in ETH when it was like $360.

I'm very happy i didn't do so because the crash in the past two days would have wrecked me emotionally.

Thats why i dont do it for friends. Losing my own money with my own decisions is easy.

Losing money from the people I care about? that is tough shit.

Crypto is exciting, making tons of money in short term, but it is just as easy to lose it.

Thanks a lot for your opninions anons, highly appreciated. I will still do it though, but i will make sure to do it small-scale.

10% of the PROFIT

exactly, OP said long haul, no cash out, 10% profit MONTHLY

You don't risk money but you risk your friendship. Do it if you want but make sure he understand the great risk and losing everything is a very real posibility.

I wouldn't do it in my case, but maybe your situation is different.

I invested $6,000 in ETH for my brother.

He wanted to sell it, we argued back and forth for a long time, but I eventually gave in and sold it at $14 a coin. At that time he couldn't even dream of it hitting $20, and then it just kept rising. I would KILL if I could go back in time and just tell him that I sold it, while keeping the position and taking the gains for myself.

I really want money very badly to buy more cryptocoins fukkk

Stop that OP. You'll get burned and permanently damage the relationship. It may seem fine until you have those bad months and they start blaming you for the loss. No matter what the market conditions are, you'll take all the heat. Imagine your friend starts seeing losses and demands you cash him out - now he's locked in his losses - and sees you as an idiot who lost his money.
Good example of why you shouldn't say yes.

You forget i am in for the long run, i always show my friends my portfolio before i invest their money to show how ridiculous this game is. They cant blame me for losses if they see my history first hand.
>pic related. Not reinvested

>They can't blame me
What is stopping them? They can and they will. You think they're going to blame... The market? Themselves? Lmao, there is always a scapegoat.

They are expecting that chart right there. That's what they think you're doing with their hard earned money that was worked for.
I guarantee you they are underestimating the likelihood of negative market events. They're way underestimating the chance of losses, and due to this will be in greater shock when they discover losses.
Your chart is a slow bleed until one of your bets paid off nicely. One. I hope this isn't what you use to recruit - if they expect anything like that, those are huge shoes to fill.