Who here remembers browsing silk road when bitcoin was just a dollar?

Who here remembers browsing silk road when bitcoin was just a dollar?

>JUST
should have just bought

stop reminding me

Same...I was too dumb and too deep into videogames and anime to care about it...

hm yeah.

I remember buying a pound of weed for like 140 bitcoin in 2012. all in all bought over 1,500 btc sub 20 usd and spent them ALL on silk road. still pains me to this day a bit but i made an earnest effort to not miss the next boat & now im sitting quite pretty.

>MJ discography
is that illegal now?

>i need that MJ discography

would you stop being silly?
No one who bought bitcoin at $1 held up until today.

you probably would have sold it when bitcoin got to $100

bruh

>No one who bought bitcoin at $1 held up until today.
Literally thousands and thousands of people did.
How fucking new are you that you don't know this?

Holy shit. And I'm over here beating myself up for spending 20btc on alphabay.
JUST
U
S
T

This.
There is just no way you would have invested thousands of dollars into it back then.
Maybe you could've kept a few BTCs but you would have sold most of it around Mt Gox.

>spending money
>ever

I've ended my degeneracy and been sober for a year now so not making that mistake ever again

It happened by sheer luck, people forgetting about it. Don't kid yourself.

If this place didn't exist, nobody would have heard of bitcoin in the first place, and it would be a joke like egold or flooz

It's a paradox

haha no, its probably stolen, but still cheaper than the faggots at the record labels charge for albums of dead artists

Me and my buddies ran a drug ring with grams and grams of MDMA, Ketamine, psychedelics

Thousands were spent on sub $5 BTC at the beginning of '11 for drugs. Still can't tell if we're all depressed from overloading on mdma or the fact that we all could've been millionaires

I was literally on /g/ all the time when bitcoin threads first started popping up

You could easily mine a shit ton of it back then and it had an absurdly low value like 10th of a cent or something like that

I decided to ignore it.... just fucking end me now

same - i used to have a script that blocked bictoiin threads before you could officially filter on 4 chan

Just fucking kill me 7 years ago

>Saw this and planned to mine btc and buy drugs
>mine some and think "this is taking too long", give up
>format the drive multiple times over the years
No wallet.dat ever found

thats like 99% of ppl currently into crypto though

I wonder how many old school /g/tards are now bitcoin millionaires

>tried mining on old macbook
>didntwork.png
>someone told me to install gentoo
>stilldidntwork.gif
>check out mtgox
>have debot card ready to buy £40 worth at like .02 p per btc
>pussy out because think its a scam

Hes right you dumb fuck

don't beat yourselves up too hard, without people actually spending BTC and giving it worth it would never have taken off to start with. Part of why I make sure to make lots of purchases with BTC to this day, I just also immediately rebuy the bitcoins.

My boss has 1k BTC that he bought at $3, he's a multi millionaire though so he's not still not planning on cashing out anytime soon.

Also to consider is the all the people who just fucking forgot about them and managed to re access. Then there's the very common method of taking a profit and just leaving the rest to ride. Let's not forget the deranged madmen who actually believed in bitcoin, what it stands for and all of that. Greatest of all would be the silkroad dealers who might have transacted and stored wealth in BTC having to hodl without a good enough method to bring large amounts back to cash like that aussie fella who had millions worth confiscated by the federalies.

yeah, but I never bought anything. I thought the first silk road bust would kill the memecoin, and was absolutely fucking sure mt gox would, but hmmm, here we are.

This is why BAY might be more than meets the eye

Yeah, I bought up 1 million BAY sub 300 sats when we were having threads for it back in March. Not selling anytime soon.

just imagine how many junkies are now rich af just because they needed BTC to buy their fix

When SilkRoad went down I had 30 bitcoin in my account :(

I want my coins back feds

HOW DID THIS SHIT GET PAST FED EX?

DONT THEY CHECK EVERYTHING?

WAS THIS SHIT STUFFED IN TEDDY BEARS OR SOMETHING?

YOU GONNA SHIP A MICHAEL JACKSON DISCOGRAPHY INSIDE A TEDDY BEAR TO YOUR ADDRESS?

Pretty much. Ordered LSD and it came inside a plastic bunny and an easter basket. Had it come in envelopes. Had it come in toys.

They're pretty crafty sometimes

>Drug ring
>Grams

I still had a few Bitcoins in my wallet after buying from silkroad, completely forgot about it and now that hard drive is long gone

Dude. I knew about and actually mined bitcoin back in 2008. I could have literally been a millionaire by now.

well you could have put 3 btc into eth when it ICO'd and caught right back, eg have about 1000 BTC now.

I put
20BTC into LTC went no where
20BTC into XRP went no where
hmmm 3rd time
lets put 0.5 BTC into ETH and sell out half of that early.

I kick myself every day I could have 15M now.

all I had to do was THIRD TIMES THE CHARM

or even double down for my losses!!

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

What are you talking about LTC XRP went nowhere

and here I was beating myself up for missing on ETH in january

thanks guys

Read it again, That's what he's saying. Ethereum went up like 350x since ICO price while litecoin has only gone up 5x and ripple 30x.

WHEN WILL IT BE OUR DAY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

never user

invested 1.5 btc two weeks ago and already fucked up half of them

considering pain olympics

>fucked up half of them
>not hodling until they bounce back up

user..

but I am

literally bag locked

Not any more it's not

BAY BAY BAY BAY BAY BAY BAY BAY BAY BAY BAY BAY BAY BAY
PLEASE MAKE ME RICH BITBAY

Some FBI agent probably transferred them all to his own wallet and is now retired on a beach somewhere

Kek. Smart enough to use Silk Road but too dumb to use BitTorrent.

I remember silk road. Good fucking times.

So what is BitBay?

Decentralized exchange(think eBay), actually has a working product. Includes reputation and reviews for wallets that have made deals. Funds sit in escrow until both parties signal the transaction has been completed. Can use for payment for services and bets and that kind of thing.
I haven't downloaded the exchange yet, but I will as soon as I get home, might even try to sell some Leatherman multitools on it.

litecoin has gone up much more than that.. it was worth pennies 3-4 years ago.

True. I guess I was just thinking the last couple months for some reason. I do remember watching litecoin go from 10 cents to 5 dollars though spring 2013 i believe. it was sub 10 cents for like two years before that rise I think.

The thought that some degenerate potheads and junkies made a shitload just from being retarded and losing and later finding their bitcoin password is a little infuriating. Or if they got arrested and their stack is worth millions by the time they get out. Fuck. Really makes me question why I obey the law.

>experimenting with drugs makes you a junkie loser

i had a ten thousand dollar acid trip

mfw that fucking screenshot is real

also i agree user. hopefully pretty much everything was confiscated by feds and none of those fucking drug addicts got rich. if they did they've probably od'd by now anyway

Oh man, it pains me to think about this

Let me guess, you are a "casual drinker".

After reading this thread I don't feel so bad about the 1 btc I can't remember my pw for.

>make lots of purchases with BTC
>immediately rebuy the bitcoins

But you can't buy drugs online with real money so it makes sense