25 years old

>25 years old
>make 40k a year
>most people my age are making at least 60-100k, own houses, getting married and starting families

Who else /total loser and failure/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/mathematics-phd
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_income_in_the_United_States#Income_by_state
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP, I'm 21, make 85k per year, and am married.

What's your job?

>23 years
>NEET
>college dropout

why the fuck would you want to be married ?

LOL

lol what? most people your age make as much as you if not less
even less in my country, 12k is average

26, -2k $, neet

Nigga, I was making 22k a year before taxes, and I am a STEM graduate.

Portfolio since starting in Feb broke over 100K though, desu :).

>25 years
>NEET
>college dropout so long ago I dont ever consider myself a dropout anymore

it gets worse :^)

STEM degree

Unemployed

Single

45k in debt

Hoping for the future

Just transition to the other gender, that way nobody can make fun of you or they're a bigot.

Lmao I'm 22 and make 200K

>>most people who are 25 are making at least 60-100k, own houses, getting married and starting families
lolno

>getting married under 30

L O L

>21
>£23500
>rentcuck
>wagecuck

I hardly make it through, still supported by parents basically, but I mean shit they wanted me to leave so they could move then didn't move

who the fuck at 21 in the UK can afford to move out - nobody that's who

But I'd rather have money and things than a flat

Here's a tip - fucking getting married, fuck relationships, get yourself as rich as possible before you worry about that

I mean fuck how many supportive and motivated girls that aren't ugly and earn good money and are good human beings are there out there

and how many of them would get with you?

how many would get with you once you're loaded, built and successful?

wait until you're in your final form

in the mean time fuck ugly sluts on the low

Wtf, I was making 45k writing JavaScript when I was 19 without a degree. How are you all failing at STEM this hard?

Because a STEM degree teaches nothing.
They fell for the meme.

Sucks for you OP

>22 years old
>majored in math
>300k starting.

enjoy your 40k lol

Because HR thinks my molecular biology degree was actually about the mating habits of birds

You forget a lot of people in stem are autists. Bad people skills and no ability yo progress or negotiate a good salary or position themselves in a respectable way.

Probably still a small dick virgin

To be good at math you gotta be able to count high. Can only count high if your penis is a large number of inches.

'Math'

Fuck yourself amerifag, your opinion matters not an iota. Burn in the nigger hell you've brought upon yourselves

you a teacher ?

Jesus how are you this new?

what is that 300k in rupiah pajeet

bs

knowyourmeme.com/memes/mathematics-phd

made 180k last year
Married
1 child, a second coming
get on my level.

Stop comparing yourself asshole. I have a friend that is making like 100k per year at microsoft at 22 and is this actual computer science autist, literal genius. I wanted to kill myself when I started comparing myself to them. You gain nothing by doing it.

lol, in my country we have the mem about progammer 300k/sec ))

but im really new here

Nobody pays a fucking child that much, for ANYTHING.

what degree I just turned 22

Hey man don't feel bad. If you can hold down a serious job and commit (at least) your 40 hours a week then that right there is something to be proud of. Plus to be honest it helps if you have a job that is fulfilling or has great perks as compared to money

Jesus Christ I felt like a winner
-32 married
-3 kids
-house
-cars
-150k year

And you guys make it seem like I should have had that at 25? At 25 I was broke and choking down taco bell every other night and little ceasers the other nights.

Pretty sure I am going to make a bed time story around this premise and tell it to my kids every night.

>married
>kids
In other words you have no money

Tell me more, I like hearing about sucessful majors turning out to be complete failures.

I'm an art major, so failure for me is expected

Bullshit

Role playing: the thread

I feel you famalam.

Showed a lot of potential growing up, most of my friends were winners as well. High SAT's, athletes etc. Kids I grew up with graduated from top flight schools, pull six figures. They're now buying houses and getting married.

I'm 24, still piecing together a bachelor's from a state school. Retail cuck for 45k and live with my parents.

Every time I get together with my buddies from high school, there's no escaping that feeling. Nothing has to be said, but in the back of my head all I hear is "The jury's out bro, you're a fuckin loser."

I got a degree from a liberal arts college, and now make $90k. Will easily make 100k+ when I move to a new company. I laugh when people here are so smug with their STEM degrees given that most of that work will be automated within a decade or two.

YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKING OP

NIGGA, you wanna get married at 25???
You wanna have a house and be in debt for it at 25???
You wanna start a family at 25???

:OOOOOO

Are you fagging us?
Whaatatatatta fuck man? GTFO! Live for a moment. You gotta be crazy.
Travel for a year, see the world fucker!

Jesus, you locked yourself down pretty quick. What was the rush to become middle aged?

Calling bullshit unless that's income from your own small business.

>21
>married
my sweet child, you will be divorced within 7 years. I promise

if you dont have a house at 25 wtf you even doing with life i got my first house at 21 made easy fucking 100k off the fucker first home buyer grants and buying the dip!!!! after the crash housing prices where im living are going up on average 15-25% yearly derp derp fucking people wanna be on that wage till there 50 eww

>married kid before 30

In my social group, that leads to divorce by age 40 in 100% of observed cases.

Can you tell me about the path you took to improve yourself? I fell for the business school meme and have nothing to show for it

>25 year old, make 47k
>only 100k invested
>no house no gf, live with parents

>all these married people
>all these 3D fags

Why are there so many normies on this board?

When should I get married, senpai?

>thinking the average 25 year old is successful in any way

>most people my age are making at least 60-100k
You're delusional.

How can you possibly be making that much at that young? Im 24 barely scraping by. Great with computers tho

I wish housing was affordable in my country

>marrying before 30s

First
Don't worry / your plans should be getting debt free and saving more than you earn first

the amount of LARPing itt is getting out of control

I have a 12 inch dick and i'm 24 OP.

WHAT THE FUCK YOU GOT.

>any job I want

clearly sad fat virgin that thinks girls actually like 12 inch dicks in their uteruses. Stop watching hentai you cuck.

The amount of retards like this guy who don't factor in WHERE they're working is astounding.

Holy shit kid, what's the fucking rush???

>t. college dropout

Stem here, 45k through internships, can't wait to be fulltime

lmao bro! im 18 and make 650k lmao

>proud to be a wagecuck for sheklebergstein
Lol

Iktf, stopped communicating with my school friends because of this long time ago, 26 btw.

You are way too hard on yourself.
Do you really want to feel this way all your life?
Do you really give a shit about getting married, buying a huge house, etc?.

>most people
you sure about that?

It's not about houses, marriage etc. It's about living life as wasted potential.

No user, its called anxiety.

>21 making 50k a year
>Own business and starting to expand

Actually thanks Veeky Forums.

The scale you're using to measure your self-worth is incredibly irrelevant by today's standards. Hate to use Indian Dad's term but the "Invisible Scripts" we still hold as gospel milestones of our worth are not based in today's reality. Especially a reality, where you must continue your education and skill set if you didn't land good networking oppurtunities right out of college. At the end of my 20s, and by now, even the people I thought were doing well at 25 are living unfufilled lives with boring but reliable companies, constantly searching for more.

I live with my spouse in a shared house with two other dudes just to save money so I can do other things we want to do and enjoy. We were both "failures" at 23-25, but are working as pretty successful remote freelancers, who can come and and go as they please. There was pressure, or more like consistent questions from both set of parents about buying a house just to be on our own, and we decided to invest our money elsewhere (especially since we won't be staying longterm).

25 might as well be the new 18, trust me.

> 24 years old
> 92,000 year
> $8,000 in loan
> $16,000 in Credit Debt
> about to purchase a new car @$36,000 for a 72 month loan locked in at 6.99%

watdo.jpg

His taxes and living expenses are probably high as fuck though.

I'm making 70K salary, living with my parents, and I guarantee you I am saving more than him.

Pay off the card debt and don't buy the car. Slash expenses and be on the path of 1M+ by 35.

>25
>forced to drop out of school because of shit beyond my control
>almost completed geology degree
>get cucked every time I try to go back because NM is the absolute shittiest state to get education or a decent job
>work for a really fucking huge imaging company
>25k a year
>acknowledged as one of the smartest people in the whole company (and they're a household name, if you own a camera or printer, it's probably one I fix)
>keep getting fucked over for promotion

Lucky sebens mane

Who cares man, everybody's different, if it ain't meant to be it ain't meant to be. You're underachieving cause you have no sense of identity. Figure out who you are and who you want to be and go from there. Also there's more to life than money. Work is for fulfillment and socializing, crypto is where the true mad gainz are

30 is the sweet spot for a man, if you're a woman, 21 is good tho.

OMG YOU KEK HOW DARE YOU LIVE THE WAY YOU WANT TO LIVE!!1!

WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO OWN A BUNCH OF SHIT YOU'LL NEVER USE AND PAY THE UPKEEP ON IT IN THE MEANTIME!1!1

>25yo
>most people my age are making at least 60-100k, own houses, getting married and starting families
no...this is not even close to true. only the top 20%+ are in this range. maybe even less. the median household income in the US is something like 57k.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_income_in_the_United_States#Income_by_state

>29
>No degree
>Live with parents
>35k a year
>Buying house soon and afraid I'll be a poorfag forever
> Only 4k in crypto...
Pls no bully

This indian gets it

>No Degree
Means no Student Loan Debt. There's plenty of trades you can learn online and just pass certifications or have a portfolio behind. Not to mention, if I spent a fraction of my University BA on something like Welding, I'd be a happier and richer person.

>>Live with parents
Did that too, with the SO. Bad times, but also saves you from further debt/struggle/poor personal mental degradation just to make a "point" that you're not at your parents place.

>>Buying house soon and afraid I'll be a poorfag forever
May I ask why you're buying a house? Are you going to rent it out? Live with a roommate? If it's just for you, unless you think you'll stay there a long time or flip it in your market, I wouldn't buy one just to say "I bought it"

Our age bracket it had it pretty fucking rough in our early to mid 20s, and 35k isn't something to feel down over. There's people struggling more to make less. Part of why we got into stocks and crypto was purely to take more control over the little finances we did have.

There's always options, and other doors, but we were programmed by guilt (essentially) to continue on the path that makes no sense to walk anymore.

>and am married
What the fuck?
Im 23 and still feel and look like a kid
Or are you one of those super old lookng people

>28 years old
>turning 29 next month
>failed engineering major
>forcing myself to do finance at a state school
>Cal Poly Pomona
>know I won't amount anything with this finance degree
>barely worked in my life
>no savings
>no house
>never had a girlfriend
>never been kissed
>will be 30 by the time I get the degree
>no employer will even hire me
>getting fatter by the day

I'm at MSFT and that's lower than the 2015 college hire salary

>25 in two days
>Still studying so can't work full time
>Make shit money
>Probably will still make shit money after I get a job in my field

A-at least I can progress into software dev

>24
>work at investment firm
>50k/yr
>want to kill myself every day
Right there with you. I have no gf, nothing worth living for.

>26
>Bachelors Degree (working job that doesn't require one)
>55k a year (made about 75k after OT)
>Owned first home since 25

Life is pretty good desu but I feel I don't get out enough to meet girls. I'm not a introverted fag and get laid occasionally, I just don't put enough effort into actually trying to date and settle down. My close friends and I tend to do more outdoors and sports stuff along with boozing on the weekends so that takes up most of my free time. The prospect of settling down still turns me off at times (don't understand how people can get married younger than late twenties) but ultimately I'd like to get married and have kids within the next 5-10 years.

Where are you living, why did you fail your major and what is forcing you into finance?

Running sucks balls but is free. There are really cheap instagram fitness programs that work on a few weeks program with no equipment nessecary, cardio-based to make you lose weight. Veeky Forums can help you cook, youtube, foodwishes.com, there's a lot of weighs to track calories and learn to eat better for free.

Your circumstances around work are slated to change.

>A-at least I can progress into software dev

Everyone in this thread filled with misery needs to switch into this mentality. It is a fucking tough, brutal mechanism. We're surviving on acknowledging and commiserating on what we're not, and we've got an huge, infinite library of resources to improve that we continue to overlook because nothing that should have worked (what we were told would work), is working. If you got hung up on that fact, like I did for years, you stick yourself in a cycle that's directly counter-productive to what you do want.

There is a treasure trove of women, never married/no kids, coming back into the market by the end of your 20s. The worst thing you can do is rush yourself or force a connection, that's how you get divorced with a kid under your belt quickly.

Parents are selling the house so I have to. Cannot go with them.I have the money to do so, girlfriend will be living with me so she will pay for some of the mortgage (will only be in my name though).

Yea I'm not too worried, lotta fish in the sea is true as shit. You make a good point about rushing in too. It's funny because I grew up raised in a decent neighborhood with great parents. It was really only once I got into the workforce that I realized how the whole world isn't "everyone gets married, has kids, lives happily ever after"

Lot of guys at my work my age or only up to a couple years older with kids and divorced. Blows my mind and couldn't imagine having that on my shoulders holy hell.

being successful (monetarily) isn't about being the smartest guy in the room - it's about being the best at gaming the economic system you live in

There are tons of people out there working their asses off doing manual labor or rigorous technical analysis for pennies on the dollar, not realizing that they're being inefficient with their time.

Take a step back, study the world around you pragmatically, and you'll come to some interesting conclusions. Too many people get complacent with their mediocre salaries and jobs - thinking the only way for them to find true success is by being a genius or winning the lottery.

They couldn't be more wrong; it's about going to where there's opportunity and capitalizing. My uncle left the country to some 3rd world shithole to open some cement factory. It started fairly small - he only had a couple grand plus some help from my grandparents. But being the only supplier in the area, the demand was great. In 5 years the factory had more than quadrupled size; he had 3 plants fully operational, and was/is a millionaire.

Another friend in his early 30's made some online, user-friendly accounting system, specific to certain vendors, and lives comfortably off passively licensing it. He literally doesn't work - he just takes up hobbies.

Now you might ask that the system is to blame but realize that any socioeconomic model is flawed due to the human factor. You could also abuse an communist system by establishing a monopoly or getting cozy with the party bloc.

Stop mindlessly working or studying. Take a fucking second to think about how could you best be using your finite time for maximum monetary gain.

>Car
>6.99% loan
How the fuck did you fuck that up? 7% on a new car for 72 months is outrageous.

I have a 60 month loan on a $20,000 car from 2005 with 60k miles at 2.2%

That's pretty good, as long as you're ready to face reality with your relationship. Evicting a girlfriend is dumping them so, my off the cuff advice based on a friend in a similar situation:

If you feel your feelings sizzle, bring in another roommate ASAP and let her wonder about your "priorities". I say this because most people I know, male or female, are fucking horrible at breaking up and avoid it. The new roommate situation is apparently an easy catalyst to end things. If not, then great.

Same on the parents front, so when I moved away from college I got hit with the "what is this garbage" pretty fast. Just keep holding, and don't apologize for dating and dropping. Like I said above, people are really bad at breaking up now, and your energy is better spent not getting anxiety and grief from someone you only kind of liked.

This is coming from someone who moved in on someone else's relationship and stole them. If you wait for certain people to be single in 2017, you'll die single too.

Mostly true, but I would add "Don't be a whore"

> 25
> Empty Resume
> Summer Job
> Degree in limbo
> No friends
> Fat Kissless Virgin
> Depressed/Suicidal since forever

By any societal standards I am as fucked as it gets minus the handicapped.

Thing is, none of it really matters. It's all a game we play, we compare ourselves to an ever changing irrealistic ideal we call normal then prohect our own insecurity onto others to make ourselves feel better...then complain about others doing the same. This is mad, see?

You, me and everyone else are the same. We are all part of the Universe, part of the infinite. There is no real reason to worry about points in this game. There is no reason to have a secondary stream of consciousness question another. Think of it. Who are "you"? The mind behind the eyes? Who is the voice in your head? Is that what defines you? Is 'you' not just a construct? What exactly defines...you? Are you not just matter at a certain complex frequency as is anything else? Is the world not just a compilation of your reactions to stimuli? Do you truly control your actions? I mean when you're reading this are you telling 'yourself' to read this or are you just...reading? When you move a finger, have 'you' told your 'body' to move your finger? If so then who told your mind to tell your body thought? Or did you just move your finger? Why worry about such a small thing?

Who honestly gives a fuck if a fellow human earns more pieces of paper printed by other fellow human beings who claimed that they have a value and that that is law?

Life is not a race, there is no goal. Like the streams of consciousness that wash in and out of your body, like the process of reading is just reading, seeing is just seeing and moving is just moving, living is just living.

85k >What the fuck do you do son

>meaningless jabbering
>dude, money is just like, paper and shit y'know!
This is the world you've created that makes you able to live with yourself