What historical country would you have liked to rule unconditionally?

What historical country would you have liked to rule unconditionally?
What would you have done differently?

Ancient Egypt
Make we wuz kangs a reality

Roman Empire
Ethnic cleansing of Goths, Suebi, Heruli and Vandals

wouldn't mind Italy ruling over the world.

Muscle cars, gold chains, rosary beeds, tank tops, tattoos, pastry and pasta shops on every corner, loud motorcycles, church parties every weekend. The entire working class would be mechanics, Lawyers, Pizza chefs, and auto sales men.

German Empire

Ally with Russia, avoid confrontation with Britain/naval arms race, ignore Africa and focus on dominating France and ruling Europe. Allow for more democratic reforms and pro-working class policies.

Spain
Get colonies
Invest gold wisely
Go get gold in californa
buy into the industrial revolution
Become richest nation to ever exist
Try to affect spanish culture hard enough to keep hispania united
Watch as my son takes back spains ancestral homeland of rome and unites iberia
Laugh as spanish armada BTFOs the royal fleet

Ancient Korea
Win Hyperwar

but they did win
the finnish failure to defeat them destroyed their social skills

Rome
Cleanse it of Germans, Jews and Christians. Colonize the rest of Europe.

Qing China in the early 18th century. Tell all the major powers I'm buying their weapons and ships for my chink products. Force all the nobility to live in Beijing so I can monitor their shit. Make laws that I only my armies/militias can own arms.
Start implementing western education reforms, sans retarded Enlightenment subversive bullshit. End monopolies and start implementing economic liberal reforms.
Beginning going on a conquering spree.

>take over all of SE Asia and Japan with it
>eventually kick out the Dutch and take the East Indies
>side with perfidious Anglo and help them with their retarded wars with the French
>be ever vigilant to their backstabbing ways
>flood my new conquered territories with ethnic Hans
>marry a powerful Han noblewoman and slowly start to erode the privileges of the Manchu
>get powerful ethnic Han allies and kill all Manchus but myself
>take over Persia by allowing Mongol subjects to go batshit on the area
>make a militant version of Buddhism with the Han Emperor being seen as a Bodhisattva as the state religion, Islam is banned except in Persia where I allow them to be Shia
>die with my mongrel Han-Manchu son taking over the throne and ushering a new era of Chinese dominance of Asia

>early 18th century

Fuck change that to mid 18th century.

>get poisoned by a reactionary clique in league with a palace eunuch

You left something out.

>Carthage during the rule of Dido

I take over as the son of Dido and Symachus or something. From there, its simple.

>No, the Trojans are not allowed into the city.
There, no Aeneas falling in love, no love period, no "My people will have revenge on yours!", no Punic Wars, and Carthage remains upright.

Carthago Vive.

Ancient Egypt and introduce gunpowder during the Old Kingdom.

Saltpeter isn't that complex of a technology, so there probably could have been primitive firearms during the Bronze Age.

Then I just step back and watch world history be totally different.

Sumer.

I'd introduce modern metallurgy, mathematics, medicine, chemistry, etc. Become a God to them with my knowledge of the future and superior intellect.

Create crude firearms. Unite Mesopotamia, conquer Egypt. Use my God status and mercy to influence the submission of conquered peoples. Promote scientific and technological advancement until we can colonize the planet. Unite the entire planet under one banner.

Spend the rest of my life turning the world order into a constitutional republic before I die.

Through incredibly accelerated industrialization, Sumer begins exploring space by 4000 BCE.

3500 BCE: Mars has been colonized and is in the process of terraforming.

3000 BCE: Mars is a lush haven with about half the population of Earth.

2000 BCE: Interstellar travel has been discovered. Earth and Mars seed the galaxy with Stargates on habitable planets. Able to travel instantaneously to any point in the galaxy.

1000 BCE Through incredible and astronomical advancements in Physics and mathematics, Zero-point energy powers everything humans use. The entire universe is completely mapped out and explored. Humans approach god like intelligence and are beginning to ascend to higher plains of existence. Time travel has been invented, and as we speak the proto-Sumerians are viewing the God who put them on the path to greatness literally typing this out on a message board dedicated to the discussion of chinese cartoons.

Seconding sumer too. Wanna be the ancient ayylmaos to them

>dies from a gum infection after breaking his teeth on a piece of grit in his bread

The Eastern Roman Empire in 602 AD. Let's assume that I will be seen as the legitimate successor of Mauricius.

>make peace with the Avars and Gepids
>make minor concessions, allow them to settle in Romania tax-free (since we all know Romania is gonna end up a Slavic shithole regardless of my actions)
>if necessary, allow the area to be settled by Goths later to
>halt Slavic incursions into Romania, preserve based I2a1 haplogroup
>my legacy shall be that the Balkans will be the home of hot women that Veeky Forums will obsess over forever
>keep the peace with Khosrau II of the Sassanians. Shouldn't be too hard, Khosrau loved Emperor Mauricius
>avoid a 25-year-long war that leads to the significant weakening of both Persia and Rome
>propose a joint expedition into Arabia to defeat these weird not-quite-Christian warlords claiming their leader is God's final prophet
>stop the rise of Islam outside of the Peninsula
>call together another Church council (I can do that, the Holy See is the empire's bitch at this point in time)
>Latin is to be the official liturgical language of the Church. The Bible may be translated, but cannot be used in the Mass
>icons, statues, and depictions of God, Christ, Mary, and the Saints is not idolatrous and is encouraged
>offensive wars in the name of proselytism is against Christ's teachings, and is only permissible when a Christian population is under threat, or in retribution toward attacks by pagans
>Christ also had two wills to correspond with his two natures in hypostasis (it's not a problem now, but it'll save some trouble down the line)
>the Bishop of Rome and Bishop of Constantinople are both equally valid successors to the Petrine supremacy, and must therefore be in agreement before altering Church canon, excommunicating a bishop, or making an ex cathedra statement
>may have delayed, if not prevented, the Great Schism of 1095

>people who didn't have iron working are supposed to be able to fabricate gun/cannon barrels of sufficient quality to not just explode when given charge

i don't get these threads

Fucking lost it at the end.

USA 1993. Would make the world communist

Yeah, no.

Nazi Germany

>dont kill jews
>no lebensraum bullshit
>create puppet states in former soviet territory
>let the generals do their thing
>never create the SS
>win WW2

Soviet Union in the 60's. I would fucking burn every fucking human being on this planet.

I wish I lived in this timeline.

German Empire
-Following the Franco-Prussian War, I would literally balkanize the damn country and keep some of it under Prussian influence with settlers.

Other Option: United States
-Build up the military and Navy and invade the United Kingdom and Canada to destroy the British Empire and claim Americans are the the one true "Anglos"