SEC has jurisdiction over crypto. They can bring federal charges for securities fraud for "pump and dump"

SEC has jurisdiction over crypto. They can bring federal charges for securities fraud for "pump and dump".

Here's the big part - whistleblowing. If you whistleblow a pump and dump group and it leads to a conviction, the whistleblower gets the money. THATS RIGHT - someone in your pump and dump group can make a million bucks by rolling over on you.

Other urls found in this thread:

sec.gov/investor/alerts/ia_virtualcurrencies.pdf
sec.gov/about/offices/owb/owb-awards.shtml
sec.gov/about/offices/oia/oia_crossborder.shtml
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw the reason Veeky Forums janitors don't do anything about all the cryptospam is because they're quietly recording IP addresses and post history to make big reward money

> btc classified as property
> thinks banking regulations apply

No.

>btc classified as property
yes
>thinks banking regulations apply
you mean securities regulations, and yes

SEC has already been found to have jurisdiction over crypto. As much as you don't like it, that's the law.

Whether you like it or not this post is the truth.

ETH is a pump and dump

Now do I get my 500 million dollars all at once or instalments?

> jurisdiction
> crypto

k.

I've been saying pump and dump groups are fraudulent and illegal from the start. Hope you enjoyed your short term ebin day trader gains faggots.

SEC has already found to have that authority. It's case law at this point.

FUCK OFF LE YOU FUCKERS I HOPE YOU ALL BURN DOWN BITCHES I HOPE YOUR SONS IN YOUR WIFES NASTY PUSSY DIES ALONG WITH HER

why do we have this thread everyday?

because its law enforcement trying to get people out of cryptocurency

morons technology moves forward retard butfuckers, you bring it on yourselves

I'm sorry that you missed the crypto train dude, but you don't have to be so bitter. Maybe get a job or something. It will be okay, friend.

If you are part of a pump and dump group, get in touch with the SEC. If you can help identify others in the group, not only do you get off without charges but you get a whistleblower award.

Some reading on the subject:

sec.gov/investor/alerts/ia_virtualcurrencies.pdf

This PDF also includes instructions on how to contact the SEC, in case you want to cash-in and whistleblow.

I emailed the SEC about an hour ago, and already got a response. They confirmed that I do get a reward for whistleblowing. I'm conflicted - I don't want to work with the government to regulate crypto, but it's really good money.

stop using other accounts to promote your snitch ass program you fucktard,

people liek you need to be hanged by the balls

you fucking disgust everyone here

what the fuck is a whistleblower award douchebag
what a bunch of non educated imbecils for fuck sake

you're going to give a snitch award to the person who snitched for what, so they can post it on FB so everyone knows he's a whistleblower and everyone finds out who did it?

stick your stupid award through your fucking urethra

>what is an SEC whistleblower award?

I'm glad you asked.
sec.gov/about/offices/owb/owb-awards.shtml

Report that eth is the main Ponzi scam. Also inform them that Russia is behind this
???

Profit

"Finally, in deciding upon the appropriate amount of an award, the rule indicates that the Commission will focus on the timeliness and quality of a whistleblower's assistance."

im not entering your shitface goverment tracked webpage you moron

THIS GUY RECORDS IP NOBODY ENTERS THIS SHITTY WEB PAGE

BE CAREFUL

crypto aren't securities

The SEC has made zero regulations about crypto and the IRS classifies it as property, applying only capital gains and losses for sale in to fiat.

It's ok, I can keep providing summaries.

If you are part of a pump and dump group, please contact the SEC as soon as possible. You will be spared from prosecution, plus you will be eligible for a whistleblower award.

It's stupid your just going to encounter yourselves with smarter answers than yours. Go play catch the nigger/mexican or something from the 90's.

This is already beyond your stupid pussy regulation.

See
SEC has jurisdiction over crypto transactions.

PnD aren't ponzi schemes you retarded nigger

Your VPN is not enough to protect you. I suggest you turn yourself in. If you wait for us to knock, we won't be as polite.

>i'm in 16 pump groups
>hahahahahahaahaha

You should think about whistleblowing then. Keep yourself safe and make some money.

Also, I appreciate the statement. That makes this easier.

imbecil thinks im in the US

tarado de mierda yankee la perra que te pario

ta mere c'est une prostitute

fuck you

That's cute, but we're coming.
sec.gov/about/offices/oia/oia_crossborder.shtml

t. increasingly nervous cryptocuck

You're cute getting caught on while im bored. Your even stupider than I thought,

what happened, you had no more dreams than to be a ball buster?

what happen with the fireman, doctor? oh not so smart?

thats cute

SEC labels Bitcoin as "virtual currency"

IRS labels Bitcoin as "property"

So which is it? Is it considered a virtual currency, or is it considered a piece of property that I own? U.S. agencies really need to figure this out as crypto currencies rise in popularity and worth.

Could you help me out and make a couple more statements about how you participate in pump and dump schemes, and that you know those are fraudulent attempts at deceiving people out of money?

Yeah here:

I was fucking with you stupid ball buster

a PnD member would never answer to you in Veeky Forums moronic beast. Go study besides changing your WiFi

or better yet go shower

That's a good idea. Keep an eye out for me, my friend.

>fraudulent attempts at deceiving people out of money
what about those "fair" pump and dump groups?

Maybe you can wash out that shitty brain you have there

You are the most nervous user I have ever seen, I hope you don't get too raped in your 3rd world jail lmao

> Hey everyone! The government says they are gonna do stuff!

They can't do shit.

Much like when I get paid in cash at work, then spend the cash and don't pay taxes.

They can't do shit.

See, this all seems very odd to me. You just say "SEC thinks crypto is a security". Without going into any detail. Cryptos don't pay dividends or coupons, so how can they be a security? Maybe some tokens in the future do something similar. But most tokens and cryptos are just barters.

Is gold a currency or a security? People go around pumping and dumping gold every day, and this is clearly more of a currency than crypto ever will be.

You need to give more detail on what the law says here, has anyone ever actually been successfully prosecuted for hyping a crypto coin or what? And what does it mean to be in a group?

I was invited into a telegram group and they give out little links about what they're doing, but I haven't participated in any buys and I don't do any planning or have any say in what happens.

Then I say some pretty absurd things as jokes and satire, mocking the guys who are clearly out trying to pump and dump. But I wouldn't characterize anything I do as something I myself or anyone else do or should feel guilty about. It is just random internet chatter, no one should take anything in random forums as investment advice ever. No one is claiming to be licensed or an expert here.

DESU it sounds like op just got screwed over by some bullshit he read here and now he's holding bags and making threats and fud.

> has anyone ever actually been successfully prosecuted for hyping a crypto coin or what

SEC v. Shavers

> It is just random internet chatter

Without a good enough lawyer, they'll turn you into anything they desire.

Shavers was literally scamming people directly, not just hyping a coin. Huge difference.

>During the relevant period, Shavers falsely promised BTCST investors up to 1% interestdaily to be paid every three days at first, or 7% interest weekly, purportedly based on Shavers’trading of bitcoin against the U.S. dollar

If you're excited about a coin or an ico, then you can promote it, no problem. Just be sure you're not a member of the actual company.

>Here's the big part - whistleblowing. If you whistleblow a pump and dump group and it leads to a conviction, the whistleblower gets the money. THATS RIGHT - someone in your pump and dump group can make a million bucks by rolling over on you.

Why did you have to ruin your possibly valid post with bullshit everyone knows it's false?
Even whistleblowing on international assassins yields bounties of barely a few hundred bucks, anyone believing they'd give anyone MILLIONS just because they peeped first is retarded.

But then again, this is Veeky Forums