Yasuke

>Yasuke
>African samurai
>Made so by Nobunaga himself
>Was there when Oda killed himself
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke

What are some other "fish out of water" type stories in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranald_MacDonald
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dembei
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzalo_Guerrero
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_von_Ungern-Sternberg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pytheas
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzalo_Guerrero
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_Phaulkon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Hudson
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabu_Dastagir
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abram_Petrovich_Gannibal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harukichi_Shimoi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Douwes_Dekker
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranald_MacDonald
Native American english teacher in 1820's

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dembei
A Japanese merchant was shipwrecked on the coast of the Kamchatka Peninsula. He was found by the Cossack explorer Vladimir Atlasov and taken back to Russia against his wishes where he lived the rest of his life.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishi

"samurai"
He was a pet monkey for Nobunaga, you're looking for William Adams.

This. He was just a status symbol.

That doesn't change the fact that he was indeed made a samurai by Nobunaga.

the op seems to imply that his station had some kind of honour or purpose beyond being an oddity for a king to collect

He was an oddity sure, but still a samurai who fought for Nobunaga and served him until his death. The "why" in this case is almost entirely irrelevant to the subject of the OP, "fish out of water" figures in history.

>His name is Yasuke
>African samurai
>Made so by Nobunaga himself
>Was there when Nobunaga killed himself

These are all factual statements.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzalo_Guerrero

>that article
>people calling out the sources in the talk pages

I'll wait until I know how to read moonrunes before I have an opinion on this person.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_von_Ungern-Sternberg

Insane Russian White who was basically IRL colonel Kurtz. Restored the Bogdian Khagnate in 1920s.

Hated commies. Hated Jews too.

>Baron Robert Nicolaus Maximilian von Ungern-Sternberg (Russian: Бapoн Póбepт-Hи́кoлaй-Maкcими́лиaн Poмáн Фёдopoвич фoн У́нгepн-Штépнбepг)[1][2] (10 January 1886 NS – 15 September 1921) was an anti-Bolshevik lieutenant general in the Russian Civil War and then an independent warlord whose Asiatic Cavalry Division wrested control of Mongolia from the Republic of China in 1921 after its occupation. He was often referred to as Baron Ungern, or simply Ungern.

>Ungern was an arch-conservative pan-monarchist who aspired to restore the Russian monarchy under Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich of Russia and to revive the Mongol Empire under the rule of the Bogd Khan. In February 1921 he expelled Chinese troops from Mongolia and restored the monarchic power of the Bogd Khan.

You: play mount and blade
Ungren: live mount and blade.

>Barry
>African president
>Made so by the U.S itself
>Was there when the U.S killed itself

>was a Kenyan muslim

Obama was born in Honolulu (that's a village in Kenya).

His incompetent and corrupt rule paved way for the god emperor and for that he is thanked.

You could argue that Hawaii is not legally apart of the united States because of the unconstitutional way it was made a territory (by an act of congress).

>I don't want this clay because I acquired it unlawfully
said no one ever

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pytheas

ancient greek explorer
>In this voyage he circumnavigated and visited a considerable part of Great Britain. He is the first person on record to describe the Midnight Sun. Pytheas is the first known scientific visitor and reporter of the Arctic, polar ice, and the Germanic tribes. He introduced the idea of distant Thule to the geographic imagination, and his account of the tides is the earliest known to suggest the moon as their cause. Pytheas may have also reached Iceland.[1]

Thanks for posting this guy, very cool story and I found a new book to read.

Bull fucking shit

>presents himself as a real niqqa
>lived majority of childhood in foreign white private schools
>did cocaine powder not crack

He was only born 3 years into it being a state not a territory
Bullshit, he described the 'tin islands' which we don't even know what they are

Read his Memories from my Father. He almost never met him, and his mom indoctrinated him into believing he had anything to do with Black Americans while he was away in fucking Indonesia. Obama basically set foot in the continental US for the first time to go to college.

That's why he was elected. Cause his skin was brown enough to be appealing to the leftists, and he was well spoken (i.e White) enough to not scare away the moderates and the right too way.

He wasn't a samurai. You aren't made a samurai, that is a class you're born into.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzalo_Guerrero

Spanish sailor, captured by Mayans, freed by other Mayans, ended up fathering the first Mestizo children (offspring of Europeans and Native mesoamericans), and went fully native until he became a military leader under his Mayan master.

He was elected because he represented change that's it
And yeah never met his dad so made up most of his biography to seem hip

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_Phaulkon

This dude needs a movie.

>mobile link

I dislike this

>mfw an Indonesian guy was cucked into raising a half-African half-white kid

We wuz Samurai and shieet
I am ancestor of Naruto

he was not a samurai. that is historical revisionism. there is a lot of it surrounding african related stuff for some reason. there is nothing in japanese sources suggesting that he was anything more than a lap dog.

"samurai" is a hereditary class of nobility.

Depends on the times, just like in Europe, you could be made a noble and you could be made a samurai. It was rare and all, but not impossible.

Nice one, Reddit!

It was only for like 2 years before the mother broke up, as surprisingly she was bad at long term relationships

I can't believe they're making a film about this peacock

Why does black related history send everyone into a frenzy?

It's because they're black.

Surprisingly? She was batshit far left professional activist, she fucked all the colors of the rainbow and all the shades between them. I really don't blame Obama's dad for running without ever looking back.

>ronald McDonald
Wuh?

Mungo Park. I really need to read his accounts.

Except no you could be made a samurai. Case in point, Hideyoshi. He was born a peasant and was made a samurai by Nobunaga because he showed promise.

It was Hideyoshi who would go on to ban the raising of commoners to samurai status and make it something you could only be born into. After Nobunaga's time.

Wow, this guy is interesting.

>He was only born 3 years into it being a state not a territory

I meant the way the United States got it as a territory in the first place was unlawful. That was actually spelled out in the "apology Bill' that was passed.

Didn't change anything, so it was like "yep, we annexed you guys illegally, sorry 'bout that. But your still ours".

From what I understand, the Samurai as a distinct class was more of a post Sengoku period thing.

So a common peasant or even a foreigner could become a samurai so long as the Daimyo (who were basically kings when there was no real Shogun overlord) said so.

WE WUZ BUSHIDO N SHIT

They are going to make a movie about him and I can't wait to have /pol/ spamming every board I browse with WE WUZ.

Even during the edo period you could buy your way into samurai status, or be adopted into it, or be rewarded it.

The main difference is that sengoku samurai owned land and often worked it, where as edo period samurai worked a a stipend and usually lived in the city

>WE WUZ

I don't even understand this meme anymore. Its used now for an actual black persons who were actually the things the meme is supposedly mocking.

>The main difference is that sengoku samurai owned land and often worked it,

All of them? There was no landless 'men-at-arms' version of Samurai? (not including Ronin).

>Being this mad that a black guy got to live your teenage weeb fantasy instead of you.

Back to r/The_Donald, thanks

For me the KANGZ meme reached its low point when someone unironically posted it in a thread about Mansa Musa.

I mean... how? Why?

Up until a certain time, every person with enough money to buy a sword and a horse could be considered a samurai. It wasn't a class. It was a name that could have been appropriated by anyone.

Well anyone granted the status was a samurai was a samurai, but they were often rewarded in the form of an estate.

Not true, even during the early medieval period bushi were quick to draw a distinction between warrior families and others like court nobles who participated in battle.

The only period this is true was the very very early period where providential and low ranking court nobles were carving out a place for themselves as military men at arms, but even then most of these men had ties to the court and were often descended from the imperial court

the shi in bushi indicates gentlemanly status. originally samurai simply refereed to the hirelings of this class

>The only period this is true was the very very early period
That is what I was referring about. And you'll agree with me that the people that could afford a horse, a sword and the set of armor that goes with it had to be somewhat rich enough.

Its no joke ,only white people actually see blacks as human.

Its been awhile since I read up on the period, there were a class of wealthy farmer who could afford all that but were not technically samurai or bushi.

my understanding is most "bushi" of that period had ties to the court, but your point might be valid as the status was not really set in stone until the kamakura period

Are the times of fantastic feats over? WW1 was it boyos. Times where a white man could go to anywherebakistan and make it happen

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Hudson

>court dwarf for the Queen of England
>civil war breaks out and he is made a captain for the royalists
>after fleeing to france he kills a guy who bullied him
>then gets kidnapped by corsairs
>is sent to Africa where homo slavers rape him with BBC

jesus christ you're literally being That Kid in history class.

social status was codified into law by hideoyoshi.

prior to 17th cen., it was pretty common to have samurai that worked the land in the spring and autum and fought in the winter and summer.

the codifying if samurai status was not just political but also economical. the division of labor was something that had been experimented with in sengoku jidai, and it increased economic output while ensuring a professional, dedicated warrior class.

Tomas Claudio

The only Filipino to die in WWI
>I was only 25 years old.
>I loved the Americans so much, I studied in their public schools and rejoiced in their modern industry.
>I pray to America every night thanking them for the modernization I have been given.
>"What Spain failed to do in 300 years," I say, "America did in 10."
>My dad hears me and calls me an Hereje.
>He is obviously jealous of my gratitude to America
>I called him a cunt
>He slaps me and sends me to my room
>I am crying now, because my face hurts
>I go into my bed and it is very cold
>I feel a warmth moving towards me
>I felt something touch me
>It's America.
>I am so happy.
>He whispers into my ear, "Destroy the mad tyrants of Europe before they swallow the world in their endless games of empire."
>He grabs me with his powerful american hands and puts me in the United States Army.
>I'm ready to go to France.
>I fix my bayonet on my rifle
>He gives the order to go over the top and we get shot at by Germans.
>It hurts so much, but I do it for Freedom.
>I can feel my gut shot and my eyes start to water
>I push against the Germans.
>I want to please America.
>I roar a mighty roar as I die fighting the Germans.
>My dad walks in my funeral
>America looks him deep in the eyes and says, "The Kaiser is finished, he's gone to a better hole."
>America gives me a hero's burial.
America is love, America is life.

The nigger general that scouted and trained Suvorov.

>yfw he was a cuck

DOG BLESS

Because Mansa Musa was just some guy sitting on huge gold mines with enough slaves to work them and on the transaharan trade routes. Afrocentrists love to use him as an example of African civilization, because he "crashed Egypt's economy because he spent so much gold XD", which is at best overblown. It gets tiring. I wish they'd use better examples of actually impressive African history.

>black samurai can't exist because that would contradict my reactionary worldview

>He was just a pet monkey, here, let me give you another pet monkey.
Every foreign servant was a status symbol in East Asia.

For example: Chinese kept Iranic slaves not for labor, but just to point out to guests, tell them "LOOK HOW FOREIGN THIS GUY IS AND HOW RICH I AM TO HAVE THIS GUY LOAD AROUND FOR NO GOOD REASON" and moved on.

Provided they did have some roles one way or another: foreign men were often armed retainers while foreign women were often mistresses and bedwarmers.

Because it's invariably going to be thought about as close to the US and african american culture which is seen as a big part of the "mongrel" sort of nature of the US and globalization

That sounds a bit weird but basically what I mean is that it's destined to be thought of politically and not just "moment in time" interesting history. It's thought about in terms of MODERN paradigms and not in its own time.

This is why whatever movie they make abiut this will SUCK unless they do it very particularly well. There should be no connotations to modern politics. I mean, there CAN be I guess if the director makes that choice as an artist and creator but that becomes a whole other thing and it just means the director's a retard.

That he crashed the economy of mamluk-ruled egypt is highly unlikely, the region was far richer than he could ever hope to be. What he supposedly did was crash the local economies of the city states we went through as he was making his way to Mecca during his hajj pilgrimage. We don't even know which road he took, might have gone through egypt, might have gone through ethiopia/yemen, might have took the fucking boat. We don't know.

From what I understand, he is only parroted as the wealthiest man in history because he considered all the wealth of his state as his immediate private property. In which case, there is a large body of autocrats from before and after him who could make a similar claim. it's not even like Mali has the monopoly on gold mines.

So is this guy /pol/ personified?

I can't believe this guy was a real

Tell that to Nobunga.

Yasuke was an honourable warrior of great skill, he was the embodiment of Bushido. Goes to show the ingenuity of the African people, but I suppose racists will find any excuse to deny them that.

Considering he married someone nonwhite? Nope.

>pol
>white

WE

That article is 100% based on Palmer's book which is literal horseshit. Don't trust Bolschewikipedia, seriously.

WANT

>Nobunaga praised Yasuke's strength, describing it as that of ten normal men

God, i hate my inferior asian genes. God doesn't exist, that's why

Did he have his own lands?

>implying /pol doesn't decide who is white based upon who has recently removed kebab XDDD

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabu_Dastagir

>born as the son of a mahout.
>gets discovered by a brit who is there
>works in several brit and american films
>becomes a US citizen
>joins the airforce
>gains a distinguished flying cross

>dies of a heart attack
>two days before that his doctor says "If all my patients were as healthy as you, I would be out of a job."

Thank you for some sense on the subject
Shills are everywhere

>posts blatantly incorrect information
>But because it supports your worldview, it's sense

Neck yourself

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abram_Petrovich_Gannibal
His great-grandson was Alexander Pushkin

The guy he duelled showed up with what was basically a giant syringe. Was that a joke?

These ones always make me sad. In the case of Ishi, it must have been tragic seeing the last speaker of an obscure language die after bringing him into civilization and giving him such a good life. In the case of Guerrero, there's something noble about abandoning a conquering power.

>was

Rich chinks today still try to only hire white servants because it makes them look even richer.

There's a reference in the Irish Annals to black slaves in Ireland around the 9th century (might have been the 10th) brought by Vikings from a raid on Morocco.

>be prince in some Chad tier shithole
>brought to Russian north as a slave boy for the emperor
>become military engineer, artillery general
>nobility, coat of arms n shit
>without you Russia wouldn't have had her greatest military genius, Suvorov
>as well as her greatest poet, Pushkin
>bbc
>still a cuck
>so is Pushikn

Japanese poet who became an Italian commando during WWI and then went on to conquer Fiume under the command of the Nietzschean warrior-poet Gabriele D'Annunzio.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harukichi_Shimoi

>Because Mansa Musa was just some guy sitting on huge gold mines with

So the guy doesn't count as a king because the legend of his wealth is overblown? Does being over-rated somehow erase the things that are objectivity true now?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Douwes_Dekker

A ditch turn into indonesian nationalist

*dutch

Thank you

>not for labor, but just to point out to guests, tell them "LOOK HOW FOREIGN THIS GUY IS AND HOW RICH I AM TO HAVE THIS GUY LOAD AROUND FOR NO GOOD REASON"
Nothing really changes then

his wife was also Swedish

John Blackthorne was a 17th century English navigator, who was the first Englishman to visit Japan.

Blackthorne was described as a navigator, who was the "first English pilot ever to get through Magellan's Pass," working for Dutch traders in 1600 who navigated his ship, the Erasmus, to Japan, where he and the surviving crew were immediately imprisoned. A Protestant like his crewmates, Blackthorne was branded as a heretic by the Portuguese Jesuits who controlled all foreign trade in Japan, though the Jesuits were powerless to kill him outright due to local political considerations. Blackthorne was taken to Tokugawa Ieyasu, the daimyo who controlled the territory in which Blackthorne and the Erasmus first landed. Tokugawa quickly realized that Blackthorne and his ship presented a great opportunity, not only in his dealings with the Portuguese, but also in his struggle with his main rival, Ishida Mitsunari, over future control of all of Japan. Tokugawa ordered Blackthorne imprisoned, not to punish him, but to keep him out of Ishida's hands. While in prison Blackthorne met a Franciscan priest who gave him a much greater understanding of the political and economic situation in Japan, and how the Portuguese and the Jesuits fitted into it. The priest also began teaching Blackthorne the rudiments of the Japanese language.

Having been told by the priest that all who enter the prison are eventually executed, Blackthorne was prepared to die when his name was called (the Japanese called him "Anjin-san" - Mr. Pilot - because his English name was too difficult to pronounce, there being no sounds or characters in Japanese for much of his name). Instead, the guards took him to Osaka Castle, where he was cleaned up and told by Mariko - the Christian wife of one of Tokugawa's samurai who, like Blackthorne, was fluent in Portuguese and Latin - that Lord Tokugawa wished to know more about England and its war against the Spanish and Portuguese.

As a result of a series of events, Blackthorne eventually found himself very close to Tokugawa, and saved his life occasionally. He was awarded the titles of hatamoto and samurai, as he began to understand and deeply respect Japanese culture. But to complicate matters, he started to fall in love with his interpreter, Mariko, and they eventually became lovers. Though Blackthorne asked Tokugawa to sever Mariko's marriage so she would be free to marry him, Tokugawa refused and ordered Blackthorne never to speak of the matter again. In spite of this, Blackthorne became a trusted friend of Tokugawa.

Tokugawa defeated Ishida's forces in the Battle of Sekigahara and became shogun. Though Tokugawa secretly had Erasmus burned and beached, he permitted Blackthorne to begin construction if another ship to keep him occupied, but also determined that he would never be allowed to leave Japan for the rest of his life. Blackthorne eventually died in Japan without ever having returned to England.

That's a book you dumb nigger. The real guy was called William Adams.