Serbian History

Why aren't the Serbs not recognized for their history?

youtube.com/watch?v=Wg79R5jopj8

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarian–Serbian_wars_of_917–924
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Velbazhd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cuz they're a race of aggressive mongs who lose every war

Very interesting documentary

CAN YOU PLEASE FUCKING STOP

Because nobody's history on the Balkans is recognized because of MUH OTTOMAN EMPIRE cucks

Who cares about the ottomans doormat?

Who besides the Serbs, Bulgarians and Greeks has an old history in the balkans?

Albanians and Croats

>albanians

Been there longer than all the Slavs

>hypothesis
Fuck the other Balkan people as well, but Albanians being illyrians is a fucking meme.

Less of a member then Albania Balkans = Albania Caucasus

Serbian history is pretty interesting desu, I like it.

Yeah, that's a meme too.

>Been there longer than all the Slavs

So why they never had a kingdom or mark of civilization before the slavs?

Can you name any time after the sevenths century they would have immigrated?

Because no one in Balkans matter in any shape or form

>Can you name any time after the sevenths century they would have immigrated?

Illyrians weren't the only people in the balkans, there were many others. Moesians, Thracians, Dacians, Pannonians etc. The Albanians could possibly be any of these.

Exactly, one thing's for sure - the albanians immigrated into Albania after the Slavs.

And they were there before the Slavs, right?

Because you we wuz'd so much there is no telling what is made up and what isnt anymore. So nobody really even bothers with it

Implying that anyone on this board gives a fuck about the Serbs, Bulgarians and Byzantines? It's all about glorifying the Ottomans as a successor to the Empire? As much as I hate the Bulgarians the backstabbing bastards they are, I'd take them over some Muslim retards who stayed in the late middle ages for 500 years longer than the rest of the world.

Because their histroy is pretty fucking trash
>get BTFO'd by everyone

Jovan Deretic is not representative of Serbian historiography

>As much as I hate the Bulgarians the backstabbing bastards they are,

Serbs are the most deluded people on this earth, by far

What history?

>servian history

HOL UP
*puts shoes in hands*
SO YOU BE SAYIAN
*loses war*
SONE FINNA
*gets conquered by Bulgaria*
SUM KINNA
*gets conquered by Byzantium*
HOL-HOL-HOL UP
*gets conquered by the Turks*
WE REALLY
*loses clay*
SUM KINNA
*kills civillains*
SERVERS
*destroys Yugoslavia*
AND
*loses Kosovo*
SHIEEET?!?!?

When were we ever conquered by Bulgaria?

Oh look, the Croats arrived.
Just fuck you for even making this thread, choke on a dick.

First Bulgarian Empire
In my opinion you did pretty good for being surrounded by Bulgarians, Hungarians Byzantines, Venetians and later Turks

Poor butthurt Slobo, I'm not even a Croat, Serbs thinking that they're heroic in any way is just so galling when we have Croats as a shining example.

>Oh look, the Croats arrived.

>if someone calls me out on my bullshit he must be croat/albanian/whatever

i have no fucking idea what serbs even are before Veeky Forums, but holy shit, you seem to be the most deluded nation on earth

And i'm not a Serb. These threads are just retarded.

Balkan threads are retarded

>Bulgar–Serb War 839 Omurtag Vlastimir Bulgarian victory
Bulgar–Serb War 842 Presian Vlastimir Serbian victory
First Bulgar–Serb Alliance 853 Vladimir-Rasate Mutimir Serbian victory

Say what you fucking tatar dog?

who let the underage servers on Veeky Forums again

>Using wikipedia as a source
ishygdt

topkek

are you trying to deny histroical facts once again?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarian–Serbian_wars_of_917–924

Wikipedia is just of shit and it's not a credible source of information. And to be fair the Byzantines didn't have an emperor named Basil II, Serboktonus, they had one named Basil II, Bulgaroktonus, and as far as I remember your pussy emperor died of a heart attack when he learned he was humiliatingly defeated.

>*puts shoes in hands*

>Wikipedia is just of shit and it's not a credible source of information

so, you are just denying actual historical facts because they are written in wikipedia?
minda giving me then a approved by you source exactly what happened in serbia in 917 year, for example, then?

>And to be fair the Byzantines didn't have an emperor named Basil II, Serboktonus, they had one named Basil II, Bulgaroktonus, and as far as I remember your pussy emperor died of a heart attack when he learned he was humiliatingly defeated.

how is that relevant to the argument?

Tsar Samuel if that's who you are referring to, did indeed die of a heart attack seing his decimated army, Basil II blinded all prisoners he captured then released them. That being said 20 years earlier he adsolutely demolished the Byzantines at the battle of the Gates of Trajan. This however has absolutely nothing to do with the Bulgar- Serbo wars

almost happened in 1886 when serbia sperged against Bulgaria out and Austria-Hungary had to step in to prevent serbia from being a bulraian province

So they would be better as aggressive race of mongs who win every war, right?

serbs have no history besides being violent fascists

>arguing with a serb

user, are you not from the balkans?there is literally no point of arguing with them, they have some special "serbian" version of histroy that only they believe in.
hell, they even try to claim that we(croats)are just "le serbs in denial" all the time, regardless of the fact that our country was created centuries before theirs.

facts that dont present their country in good light(which is the most of the facts) simply dont exist in their books.
it fucking hilarious, that "European" country in 2017 still behaves like a North Korea communists with the propaganda

Oh yeah, why don't you ask the Bulgarians then. I bet according to them you were subjugated twice as well?

We fought, quite a few times. Sometimes we won, sometimes we lost as wars usually go and neither side "subjugated" the other. And that's ok, because we don't argue history!

still waiting for responce

All of you were cucks of the Byzantines stop arguing

>Serbian "History"

the only even semi-decent thing that ever happened in their history was Yugoslavia and that was made by a Croat(ofcourse untill they aped around and destroyed that too)
>inb4 butthurt serbs calling me ustasha or whatever
Im Austrian

And guess which of the 3 "cucks" in your post are still on the map and which one is not.

>the only even semi-decent thing that ever happened in their history was Yugoslavia

Tsar Samuel BTFO

Oh yeah forgot that FYROMians think Samuel is by some miracle the direct descendent of Alexandros, or Batman or maybe Yoda. Actually anything but not a fucking Bulgar with an Armenian mother

>the only even semi-decent thing that ever happened in their history was Yugoslavia and that was made by a Croat(ofcourse untill they aped around and destroyed that too)

What about the Serbian Empire, you doofus?

Kek

every fucking time

The Serbs defeated three Bulgarian Emperors, isn't that enough?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Velbazhd

Nobody's denying that. Please don't get the impression we are trying to downplay your own history, the Serbs had a good empire going and unlike us played their cards with when the Ottomans came. The argument arose from the fact that you, or perhaps a compatriot of yours tried to argue facts with no substantial evidence other than "you suck" to support those arguments

They were our manpower source not doormat.
Agressive manlets make good soldiers appearantly.

Yes and Bulgarians were successful too, but I believe their "golden age" was earlier, in the first bulgarian empire.

The bulgarians kind of lost prestige after Basil II.

Nah, we had of plenty of strong moments during the second empire after Basil just not against the Serbs. It has to be noted though that despite occasional wars the two empires enjoyed rather good relations, as far as Serbian nobility donating money and lands to Bulgarian monasteries. The majority of the military successes were against the Byzantines even the Mongols. The period you are referring to is indeed a period of decline and to top it all off Ivan Alexander the massive bellend that he is, was very successful against the Byzantines and then in a stroke of genius bullshitry decided to split the Empire into kingdom between his sons. The Ottomans had a field day after that...

Basil II shrunk the bulgarian empire, which led to the Serbian Kingdom expanding which led to the Battle of Velbazhd where the Bulgarians were btfo and never fully recovered.

Is this wrong?

Basil II didn't shrink the Bulgarian empire, he annihilated it and it ceased to exist, it was Theme of Bulgaria a province of the Byzantine empire. That was in 1018 and it stayed that way until 1185 when a bulgarian-wallach rebellion resulted in a war which concluded in the formation of Second Bulgarian Empire. Pic related is the Second Bulgarian Empire in the beginning of the 13th century, in size and culture it was equal to what you already said was the golden age. Between that point and the battle of Velbazhd a whole century passed, and whole 3 century apart from Basil II. So Basil's conquest of Bulgaria did create a vacuum in which the Serbian empire flourished and grew, but it was simply too long ago to affect the Second Bulgarian Empire be it by lack of resources or army. The real real reason you kicked our asses at the said battle was the fact that the Tsar decided to play nice to his father in law one of the claimants to the Byzantine throne and hastily tried to assemble an army underestimating the Serbs and making unreasonable demands. He payed for his arrogance with his life. Makes you think really what could have happened it your empire didn't go to shit after Dushan's death and ours wasn't fractured between the claimants to the throne and instead we made an alliance against the Ottoman invaders...but oh well

Why do Serbs need to have this belligerent and almost Jewish supremacism in their nationalism? E.g, 'God is a Serb'.You understand that Croats, Bosnians and Serbs are the same people ethnically, genetically right? Every time I see a Serb online he's proclaiming that Croats and Bosnians aren't real and just are Serbs (but Serbs need to genocide them for not bowing down).

Christianity really fucked the ethnic groups of Europe up. Cancerous churches have latched onto entire European peoples and manipulated their tribalism for their own malicious, realpolitik ends. Similar cases exist between Brits and Irish, East Slavs and Poles, it's tiring. These churches erased your cultures so much you now can't separate their kike on a stick from your own ethnicity.

Sorry forgot the pic

C-could it be? A quality post on Veeky Forums? 5 stars, user.

>that Croats and Bosnians aren't real and just are Serbs (but Serbs need to genocide them for not bowing down).

Isn't it the other way around? The Croats and Bosniaks need to be genocided because they're Serbs that bowed down to foreign invaders?

>the Second Bulgarian Empire in the beginning of the 13th century, in size and culture it was equal to what you already said was the golden age

From the map it's obviously much smaller than the first bulgarian empire, which held most of serbia hungary and romania.

Very interesting documentary. The Srbinda think is an interesting factoid. Are there any more references about that guy?

Ethnic and territorial wars aside, what is notable about Balkan history?

SERBS ARE SCUM!

Do not believe these Pavelic supporters and Ameribritoturks.
>Uros I and first mines
>Milutin's unpunished pedophilia
>independent church

For example when battles in the west numbered 20 thousand, on the Balkans we were pushing numbers up to 120k

>aside

I like the Serbian royal history too. The Nemanjics and Karadjorjeviks, etc (hope I am spelling that right).

>Why aren't the Serbs not recognized for their history?
wut

>what is notable about Balkan history?

First to use forks, ancient roman style warfare and epic legends in the medieval ages.

the Balkans are basically a time-capsule of ancient european history.

Don't wewuz, please.
T. Also a Serb

>Don't wewuz, please.

No wewuzzing, if you understand serbian/balkan history enough you'd see that it preserves more of a warrior society culture that is lost in the rest of europe by the middle ages.

Did you disagree with the documentary?

Development of the Cyrilic alphabet, cultural and architectural legacy, big contributions to medieval art and literature. And most of all despite what you might think reading this thread and the constant Balkan "I conquered you" banter there's a weird sense of how should I put t, maybe "belonging" between the Balkan nations. Apart from the Turks everybody hates the Turks.

I'm Bulgarian but I still go to St. Nedelya church in Sofia and pay tribute to the remains of King Stefan Milutin even though he defeated us in many battles. He's is a part of history, our common history

Bulgarians confirmed to worship Serbs

What's wrong with respecting mutual history you cuck?

Double negative means you are really asking why they are recognized for their history.

In the Serbian language double negatives mean a negative.

So Serbs are a niggers? Makes sense. Don't know nuffin

Plenty of other languages use double negatives

lol pretty much

This

Because the Balkans is overlooked in general

This!

That's because most of America don't have "muh heritage" from the balkans, so they only care about "muh vikings" and "muh romans". Eventually the amerifats will be into Balkan history, the most hardcore and dynamic european history.

because what serbs want recognised are justifications of war upon the rest of the balkans. we know your history but we know you use it as justification for war, which we just ignore because we grew out of that mindset in 1945.

They are recognized as the niggers of europe isn't that enough?