Was Hamilton really an immigrant? The musical really pushes the idea that he was one...

Was Hamilton really an immigrant? The musical really pushes the idea that he was one, but I'm pretty sure he just moved from one British territory to another. (Lafayette was probably an immigrant.)

Come to think of it, what was considered an immigrant at that time?

Other urls found in this thread:

vibe.com/2017/02/lin-manuel-miranda-hamilton-protest-signs/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick's_Battalion
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He wasn't, but the truth doesn't push the desired pro-migrant agenda

>Was Hamilton really an immigrant?

No. This is gay democratic hack revisionism and is cringy as fuck.

The musical is nothing but liberal propaganda

He was an immigrant in the same way as Obama, ie completely white lifestyle in a 2nd world backwater moves to an equally white lifestyle in a 1st world backwater.

>2nd world backwater
Wasn't Hamilton born and raised in England?

Exactly

He was born in Charlestown, Nevis.

quads of bants

how will bongs ever recover?

He was born illegitimately on an island in the Caribbean to a Scottish father and french mother.

Was that island being governed by a larger entity, or was it its own thing?

No. None of that really seems to add up with what the White property owning founding fathers believed in. George Washington was the original Fascist.

You do know immigrant doesn't mean not-white, yes?

He can be a white property owner while having come from another country.

Immigrants = moving to an already-established society and living off of resources that were put in place by the natives

Colonists = moving to a society that is still not totally settled/established and helping to build new things

Hamilton was of the latter type

No.

it was a British colony

St. Croix was a British colony, just like the Americas. Anyone arguing that he isn't an immigrant because he was ruled by the same nation is like saying someone born in India or Canada were the same.
The fact of the matter is that in colonial America, if you were from Virginia you saw yourself as a completely different type of citizen than someone from New York. Whether or not you're a colony from the same nation does not make you any less an immigrant or a foreigner.
Also, whether or not he was an immigrant he was very anti immigrant rights in terms of countries like the French (pushed for Alien and Sedition Acts).

>living off of resources that were put in place by the natives
Nice skewed meaning you have there.

An immigrant is simply a cunt moving to a foreign polity he wasn't originally from to live there permanently.

>
>George Washington was the original Fascist.

Can you elaborate on this?

Didnt mean to reply to op

Although he had many progressive ideas, he wasn't perfect, or even perfectly consistent, either by today's standards or the standards of the time. He's certainly overworshipped; he was a man who did many notable things and left a mixed legacy.

Given that "fascism" has no meaning (beyond "really bad thing I don't like") outside the context of the early-mid 20th century, "George Washington was the original fascist" is about as meaningful as "George Washington sux balls." However, it's provocative and easy to write, so, uh, that's what I'm gonna do, lol.

That's my translation of that post, anyway.

up kek to dis guy

>immigrants get things done

No

How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot in the Caribbean by Providence, impoverished, in squalor grow up to be a hero and a scholar?

because it's inaccurate, their children qualify for food stamps if they're minors and were born in the US and this tends to help out the rest of the family. however that means the entire family gets lumped into some statistic of welfare recipients which in turn makes them look bad despite the law and system working exactly as intended.

Theres no system about giving free shit to illegal immigrants user

the whole hamilton musical is revisionist claptrap

>giving free shit to illegal immigrants
You give them shit because they're the legal guardians of an American citizen that just happens to be a minor, and it's this minor that's the intended recipient. However as a result the entire family gets put into a category for "households that receive some sort of welfare", because technically they are, also technically the law is working exactly as intended.

the children of illegal immigrants have no business being considered citizens and their "rights" don't concern me

>How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore, and a Scotsman,

Could've just said a Scotsman desu

The constitution disagrees and your concerns don't matter.

By the standards of modern borders, yes. By the borders of then, no. He was born in Nevis and moved to New York, both of which were British colonies. It would be like someone from Puerto Rico moving to the mainland US.

the constitution and the 14th needs to be amended, it is not intended that someone can anchor themselves in this country with some brat

Nah, we just need to get rid of the welfare state so that it doesn't matter whether or not you are a citizen.

and, I should say that as I am an actual American, my concerns do in fact matter, and those that spurn the concerns of the populus will do so at their peril

You're not amending the constitution user and its better than some bureaucrat deciding who gets or doesn't get to be a citizen based on arbitrary guidelines some fags decided to put together because they were the momentary majority.

it should matter if you are a citizen, there is more to it than paltry handouts you fool

arbitrary?

you're an illegal immigrant, you're not a citizen, and neither are your kids

as simple as that

That's the entire justification for shutting the door on immigration, the establishment of a nanny state. Otherwise it literally would not matter because they wouldn't even have a hand in politics as they would be disenfranchised.

Arbitrary designations based on what bureaucrats think is convenient. You're born in the US, you're a citizen, end of story, fuck off.

The constitution explicitly forbids this though.

you fuck off

the constitution was fixing the problem of southern slavery, it was not intending that millions of people that wander in or overstay their visas and fuck a lot could receive benefits or live and work in the US

some comeback

are you implying I need anything more to come back to that puerile refuse of a post?

Pfft, what is that your word of the day you faggot? You're still literally crying for a nanny state where bureaucrats get to decide what is or isn't a citizen, your opinion is shit. SHIT!

I just think you're an idiot.

It's fairly logical, and you overreact. You're extremely emotional, and I think you need to get some counseling.

Good thing you didn't contest the part where I said you have shitty opinions or I might give a damn.

file that under "I think you're an idiot."

lel

>it was not intending that millions of people that wander in
Irish were doing that at the time

>could receive benefits
No such thing as welfare back then so that wasn't a concern, again just eliminate welfare.

you'll note they came by ship, so their migration was sanctioned under an organzied quota system,

you should know that thousands were also immediately placed on ships back

You should note nothing stopped them from going to canada/mexico and crossing the border to the US and working without any problems

>The safety of a republic depends essentially on the energy of a common National sentiment; on a uniformity of principles and habits; on the exemption of the citizens from foreign bias, and prejudice; and on that love of country which will almost invariably be found to be closely connected with birth, education and family
>To admit foreigners indiscriminately to the rights of citizens, the moment they put foot in our country, as recommended in the Message, would be nothing less, than to admit the Grecian Horse into the Citadel of our Liberty and Sovereignty.

How the fuck has Hamilton become the face of multiculturalism. Because he didn't own slaves?

In no way has Hamilton, the person, become the face of "multiculturalism"

The play has as it was done using a multicultural cast and music to portray an interesting life story about a founding father.

And by the "face of multiculturalism" it really just means old white people think they're cool now because they like "rap"

It's a fun show tho

Most illegal immigrants come to the US via work visas and then don't leave once the visa expires. That too is an organized quota system

I think the bigger issue is that irl Hamilton was literally against giving immigrants citizenship and then still portraying him as champion of immigration.

Regardless of whether his carribean background counts, he was very anti-immigrant where as Jefferson was pro-immigrant to a degree

>Blacks riot in the streets over white-washing
>Also demand that an all-black Hamilton musical be respected

>The play has as it was done using a multicultural cast and music to portray an interesting life story about a founding father.
>And by the "face of multiculturalism" it really just means old white people think they're cool now because they like "rap"
>It's a fun show tho
Hamilton is portrayed as pro-immigration in the show. He shakes hands with Lafayette and they shout, "IMMIGRANTS, WE GET THE JOB DONE!" It's become an iconic moment in the show. It always gets wild applause, and it led to several fucking minutes of applause when Pence was in the audience. A hit rap single was written for the Hamilton Mixtape based on this one line. And let's not forget all the protesters who are putting this on their signage.

>i want to alter the unalterable documents
I live under a parliamentary democracy with a non codified consitution, you take your rights for granted, one day it'll be the 14th, and long later, the 1st.

>"IMMIGRANTS, WE GET THE JOB DONE!"
The first casualty of the civil war was an irishman, this statement is true.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick's_Battalion

>traitors exist
And so do heroes, prove to me that the irish on the whole have a direct interest in hurting America beyond a few people deserting to fight what they saw as an unjustified invasion on another countries settled soil.

It does not though. Your interpretation is wrong.
And fuck off commie scum bastard.
And fuck the poor huddled masses.

A child of a illegal is a non-citizen.

Eat shit and die, you double taco nigger.

>Your interpretation
>All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

pretty clear

>Most illegal immigrants come to the US via work visas
>via work visas
>work visas

That's got to be a lie. Tourist visas are so much easier to get if you plan on being an overstay.

Look at his farewell address: it's all about avoiding sectionalism (which in his mind includes political parties), encouraging getting out of foreign affairs (isolationism), and traditional morality and religion being essential for the state. Also, Washington really fits the mold of the Cincinnatus archetype, which is basically the ideal man in Fascism.

>>All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.
It's pretty clear you imbecile

That's plainly false. A child born in the US is a citizen, whether their parent is illegal or not.

>mfw muh consitituionalfags don't want to follow it coz it goes against what they want
lel

Quads are beyond doubt.

He wanted a one party system and a religious state with trained militias and paramilitaries for White property owners.

The law says no.
If you think you're above the law then murder a dude and see how well it works out for you.

>laws can't change
We might as well put all the niggers back in the fields

>the constitution is a law
Worded it for clarity, but considering you a dipshit, i'll explain it.
The consitution is only to be ammended (to retract a previous ammendmen) when the ammendment in question is a collosal fuck up, if you want your argument to be taken seriously, explain why american citizens should not be americans due to the cirumstances their parents were in upon giving birth, and why the current system is a fuck up on par with prohabition.