Is now a good time to invest in bitcoin or will it drop in august

Is now a good time to invest in bitcoin or will it drop in august

Other urls found in this thread:

coin.dance/blocks
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thats the thing, nobody know exactly. It can soar, it can plummet.

You should wait until it hits 3000. Buy high, sell low.

Why would it plummit? The miners already support segwit 2x, there isn't going to be a hard fork.

s-source.. ?

this guy gets it

It works, whenever I'm high all the coins I buy do well.

lmgtfy . com/?q=bitcoin+segwit+2x
it's not fucking hard to find this stuff, people...

Core is still trying to garner support for the uasf torpedo

Contention means confusion and uncertainty which leads to price drops.

I want to put a little stake into crypto.

Should I buy a bitcoin, or try some other crypto? I feel like bitcoin is semi-obsolete and overbought.

What's a better 2nd or 3rd rate crypto? I read Komodo (BitcoinDark) is easily exchanged in commodities and the miners who run the coin give you dividends (in the form of more Komodo).

Problem I have with crypto is it's either worth something, like people will pay for it with real money you can use to buy actual things, or it's worthless because it's not accepted.

Just think Bitcoin is overvalued and outdated, perhaps.

Anyone else ever think back to when they first heard about bitcoin and what it cost then and get a strong urge to kill themselves?

how about you just stick to leaving your money in a bank, grandpa? fuck you sound retarded i hope you don't survive the fiat crash

Yes. But then I convince myself that ANS is going to be the next bitcoin so I have to stay alive for a few years to realize my gains. If I end up emotionally selling it and then it skyrockets i probably will just end myself

>Bitcoin is overvalued and outdated
Go buy no-name shitcoins instead then. You'll come back crying to papa BTC by mid-August, guaranteed.

Nigga, fuk u I waz tryin 2 b polite an shite.

I say it like this, is there any crypto that isn't a fucking waste of money? Since the only utility it has is for """private"""" transactions? I get that part on how it's valuable, but which fucking flavor to choose from? Bitcoin is expensive, other coins are cheap but they use the same technology.

Don't fucking tell me people are going to herp-a-derp wait 15 minutes at a fucking store to wait for a bitcoin transaction to happen so they can buy a stick of gum or a bottle of water or someshit. It's a speculation, or """store of wealth""".

Get real, pleb, not everyone is gambling on shitcoins with their welfare or lunch money. IT won't replace real money because, oops, the fucking power goes out, or oops, the internet is slow, or I don't have a computer or I'm selling sticks of gum at a stop light.

You fail to see the bigger picture and it's both embarrassing and sad at the same time.

Think of the early days of fiat. Think of the early days of online banking. The phone. The Internet. Etc.

You're actually an oldfag and you don't belong here (yet). Go disconnect your 56k modem and kys.

Jesus you sound like me 5 years ago
I wish I had someone to tell me to go all in on crypto back then
sucks to be you though, you'll probably only think about it when all the other plebs want in on it too

OR how about the early days of pets.com or the early days of the velocipede, grocery delivery, hydrogen economy, hovercraft, flying cars, or vertical farms, weather cannons, passenger zeppelins and other dumb-ass ideas that didn't translate into reality?

Go disconnect your brainstem from your body, lmfao.

Get out normie

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You're so dumb it's insane.
Pets.com was the dot com bubble. I would have killed to be part of those days, moron. Grocery delivery is booming like a motherfucker and half of the shit you listed is in active development, you're so dumb it hurts.

You state pets.com while using the internet at the same time. How fucking dumb are you really, it triggers me, fuck off grandpa.

Heres my last protip for you. Be trolling or actually kys, please.

that's why you will use digibyte to buy the water fag

Yeah okay, put some more money into Amazon, I'm sure faggots will leave work, drive right past the grocery store, hop on Veeky Forums, then order wholesome organic fucking kale at 300% mark-up for online delivery, because that's every person in the world, right?

Oh, they'll have self-driving fucking hover-cars deliver it through a series of TeslaTunnels deep underground, too because technology.

You are so deluded, my sides hurt more than the damp weather hurts my joints.

>"crypto will never make it! It has failed! It's too volatile to sustain! cabitalism is ebil!"
> hasn't even been around for a decade
> about 0.28% of the world's population uses it. way less than that use it for commodity exchange transactions
> most normies dont even dont what bitcoin is, let alone those who do have mixed, usually negative opinions about it cuz they bought into the whole "hurr durr, you use it to buy drugs on the ooky spooky scary wary derp web, right???" and "im just gonna say it has no intrinsic value because thats what comedy central and my gender studies college professor told me because iiI'm in marketsing and sales but dont know the first goddamn thing about finance and economics cuz Uncle Goldstein handles all that for me and tells me what to believe on the JewTube trending tab" meme
> most first world, well off govts trying to ban and suppress publicity and use of cryptos, leading us closer to economic collapse while sheeple just keep going baaah and baaaah their day

I mean, the world is fucked. we need to stop looking at all our cures as the single cure for modern society, when in reality social darwinism, if not actual darwinism will cleanse the planet of the cancerous normies that have corrupted our gene pools and species altogether

you desperately want to convince yourself you're not missing out but we can all clearly see how you're failing at it
just forget about crypto and move on with your life if you don't want in right now

90% of miners are signalling that they will signal segwit2x. But they're not signaling just signaling that they will eventually signal

put half in ETH and half in BTC

if the softfork doesn't work out out well, the flippening is here
if it works out seamlessly AND someone actually implements a working lightning network, BTC is shooting for a ride

segwit2x in itself will change nothing, though. same limit for transactions, just requires more processing power
someone has to implement the software that actually uses the new possibilties enabled by segwit

segwit2x is compatible with the uasf

segwit increases the effective blocksize to about 1.7MB

no, there's only a 'promise' for the blocksize to happen in 6 or so months after activating segwit, on august 1 there'll be no increase in transaction throughput

If you are convinced not to buy, then leave. Your loss.

Think about what a deregulated, transparent, globally accepted store of wealth implies.

At the end of the day, we're all just investing in BTC or ETH

jesus christ learn a little bit about what you are investing in

segwit increases the effective blocksize to 1.7MB (on average) since it moves the transaction witness outside of the transaction block

No way, brodawg! I hold positions in these stocks, since Trump was elected, but I'm selling soon. I didn't sell before because they never really stopped climbing. I thought I'd hold them for a couple weeks, but herp-a-derp 6 months later. I think it's best to get out while the getting out is good. That's an old-timey expression, newfags might not get it.

Anyways, since I'm selling that garbo, I have money that needs to go somewhere else... I'm looking at crypto and everything I read says whatever I regurgitated earlier, crypto is devaluing rapidly, so I see a possible entry point... you fags say 'shtf buy bitcoin, faggot' and I'm not really sure why one coin is better than another.

I like my shitty investments so that if I fuck up and go into the red, I'm happy to baghold because I can think it will go up in the future and not just go to zero and stay there.

Anyways, so what coin can I BUY RIGHT NOW that I can BAGHOLD forever and WHY??

dfggdf

BITCOIN

For the 10000x time

literally Bitcoin

have you tried kyscoin?
it uses tokens on the ETH blockchain to monetize the widespread crowdsourced desire for people like you to commit suicide

Dude fuck off

coin.dance/blocks

Your post is kidna stupid, but I get it. Cryptocurrency has a place for those avoiding the 'system' and the bullshit banking laws, taxes, ect. That has tremendous value, better than gold.

Why I don't just dismiss the shit as WOW gold fake virtual Internet money.

Gold as utility can be diminished easily, maybe people like Palladium or platinum, or silver, tungsten, titanium, whatever for jewelry, electronics, manufacturing. Gold can easily price it'self to where it is useless. To where it's only used as a shiny metal stockpiled in vaults and you pay the guards to guard it. Industry is priced out and look for alternatives, customers looking for engagement rings buy more exotic metals. I can see gold as a purely speculative vehicle with an ultimate utilitary value of like $200'oz.

I think crypto has the same issues. There are hundreds of them, only a dozen or two are not scams and have the liquidity or market cap to be stable for a """store of value""". Like the Chinese who think the Chinese stock market and banks are shit but are restricted by law about where they can put their money, so it went into BitCoin. Thank that huge push up on them.

That might not always last. So what coin has the best long-term bag-holding utility, that differentiates it from all other coins? What has the best value?

tldr faggot. nobody gives a fuck about your uneducated opinion. you literally know zero and are asking for advice while also cucksplaining crypto's innate value to a board full of traders and holders.

buy kyscoin

now you seriously need to just kys

if you don't believe in bitcoin then you cannot believe in any of the other cryptos, it is that easy

put all of your money into bittrex and then transfer it to USDT

I am trying to avoid Bitcoin, because I think too many other fucking old-fags have piled into Bitboin and drove up the price beyond it's actual value.

Since every cyrpto does the same thing, some do encryption more secure, and most importantly, transactions are done faster, I can see how in the long run, some other competing coin besides BTC will dominate the market.

I want the mass-production, standard coin of the future, not the prototype or demonstration of concept. The Wal-Mart of bit-coin. Which coin is inherently the best? Not which one is the most expensive or who has the most money? I know from investing in other financial instruments, money easily flows from one instrument to another. If one coin is better in some way, it will eventually gain market share against Bitcoin.

SHIT DUDE PUT EV ERYTHING INTO BITBEAN RIGHT NOW

Bitcoin has the best crypto developers in the world working on it and it's the only coin i can say for a certainty will still be around in 5 years time

alt coins are literally just tools to speculate on to acquire more bitcoin, everyone who's not a moron knows this, the goal of every intelligent crypto investor right now is for the next few years to gather as much bitcoin as possible, then hold, sit back, and watch as it rises to $$$$$$

Okay, I gather now that Bitcoin and all other cryptos only have value because you fags alll clap your hands and believe that it has value, so you put money into a worthless asset hoping to capitalize on the volatility.

It is valuable because 'buy bitcoin' whatever.

Or do you really think the multi-trillion dollar financial system trading fiat money is going to collapse and be replaced by a digital fiat? A fiat where individuals can print their own money?

Or did you say "If you don't like the fucking Kool-Aid, get the fuck out of the camp! We are on a great mission here, normie get out!!!!"

That's fine too, I'm just trying to figure out how to invest some gains and since nobody here talks about anything besides crypto, thought I might give it a whirl.

boomer/10

don't bother with crypto, you don't understand it and it seems like you don't want to, go buy some stocks

You're fucked.

>gimme advice
>do this
>NO not THAT ADVICE give me a DIFFERENT ONE
>well I said do this because of these reasons
>that is NOT what I want tell me what the MAGIC COIN I ALREADY HAD IN MY HEAD WAS YOU TEENS

>eventually gain market share against Bitcoin.
Where's the so-called flippening then?

Anyone who sold their BTC or went into tether is gonna regret it. August 1st is a big nothing burger. Expect BTC to moon once it gets segwit and the chink miners give up their dumb power grab.

Okay, I'm kinda drunk, I want bitcoin, but don't want to pay the price. I want a discount, almost-as-good altcoin. I get Bitcoin is sold on 'oh wow how great is this cyrpto technology' but other lesser valued alt-coins have better designs, better technology or features but are not well known.

Fml, okay, what are three altcoins that will be around in the next 5 years? Don't say Ripple, I'm already aware that's a scam.

Okay, I'm kinda drunk, I want bitcoin, but don't want to pay the price. I want a discount, almost-as-good altcoin. I get Bitcoin is sold on 'oh wow how great is this cyrpto technology' but other lesser valued alt-coins have better designs, better technology or features but are not well known.

Fml, okay, what are three altcoins that will be around in the next 5 years? Don't say Ripple, I'm already aware that's a scam.

That's for entertaining me this far, I can't get any information about cryptocurrenies that isn't printed on a fucking manifesto on some fucking Geocities website so I"m real curious.

I'd hold out OP.

The blocksize thing needs to get sorted out one way or the other. Personally I think the people behind segwit/lightning are full of shit, but you should really wait for august to come and go before throwing a significant amount into btc.

IOTA.

Yea segwit is so terrible. That's why when LTC got it it crashed to zero. Retard.

I'd buy BEFORE August the 1st. Or do you potentailly want to not be on a moon mission...

What shit you all talking about? Bitcoin is over. Basta! Shut up now,I don't want to hear this shit any more.

segwit2x is a hardfork. moron.

just wtf do you think the 2x part is for? 2 times the segwit? lmao

litecoin is a fucking joke

I've owned bitcoin since 2013, and own plenty more now. I ain't buying more till this blocksize shit gets sorted out.

Fucking memes man
It looks better without a logo tho

It's ever a good time to buy BTC

except it's impossible to force a hardfork. All we're getting is the segwit part, and then moon.

>bitcoin since 2013
Making me jelly.

If your starting definately don't go all in,

It's always a good time to start, we don't know what's going to happen next.

I cashed out a lot into fiat recently and if it goes to the moon then half my gains will too - rather that than losses!

Suggest you dollar cost average in over your first two months.

Read up on how to keep your wallet secure - long passwords and 2fa are a minimum.

Both sides hate each other. Expect some dirty pool.

when there is a new ath bitcoin falls bacck to about 20-25% of it for a long time after.

so if we assume $2900 is the new ath soon enough you can buy around $700.

if you are on Veeky Forums begging to know which shitcoin will be pumped next, you've already lost.

I hear Vanguard has a good index fund, check that out.

>Okay, I gather now that Bitcoin and all other cryptos only have value because you fags alll clap your hands and believe that it has value
This is why any asset has value. Bitcoin has value because it is a scarce resource. There is both a numerical limit and technological limit on the number of bitcoin that can be produced. Other coins have a limit also. Yes others can make new coins, but they are all different. Some are irrelevant because there is already a bitcoin.

>I am trying to avoid Bitcoin, because I think too many other fucking old-fags have piled into Bitboin and drove up the price beyond it's actual value.

He knows market fundamentals. He's done his research and brings incisive analysis to the issue at hand

>Since every cyrpto does the same thing, some do encryption more secure, and most importantly, transactions are done faster, I can see how in the long run, some other competing coin besides BTC will dominate the market.

His technicals are strong, he's done his homework and deep research. He's making inspired and insightful predictions about prices and markets.

>I want the mass-production, standard coin of the future, not the prototype or demonstration of concept. The Wal-Mart of bit-coin. Which coin is inherently the best? Not which one is the most expensive or who has the most money? I know from investing in other financial instruments, money easily flows from one instrument to another. If one coin is better in some way, it will eventually gain market share against Bitcoin.

He's a man who knows exactly what he wants. He knows how to ask the right questions and he even has all the right answers. His confidence is unshakeable.

This, my friends, is the super-user Messiah we have been waiting for. His insight, unparalleled. His capital, ready to deploy for instant mad gains. He even has hookers calling him back the next day offering a free one.

Thank you for sharing, based and godly financial guru user. We will await every valuable pearl of wisdom to drop from your lips. But first, we will of course sell all our bitcoin for shitcoins, because that is what ye have prophesied.

All Hail user!

All Hail moneyed Savior!

Allahhu Ahkbiz!

Okay I was rude on the Internet, you got me there.

I'm vaguely aware of that, I'll look into it more>

I sold most my stocks, stocks are overvalued now, bonds are garbage, commodities are dead-money wealth traps forever.... so why not cryptocurrencies? Shit seems pretty obvious. Unless you buy some tin-foil hat shit about fiat currency, Crypto is a sort of digital commodity or vehicle for speculation. Why the fuck not? Everything else to put money into is shit.

I hope I'm not intruding into anybody's autistic Absolute Terror Field, I'm really just an opportunist looking for something, anything, besides stocks or bonds or commodities, penny stocks or currencies, CDs, MMs, metals, futures or options, they are all shitty as fuck.

this made the thread worth reading

No, guy, I'm fucking retarded, all I want, is to be slightly less fucking retarded then everyone else so I can make a damn profit.

I haven't read shit here that'd make me any money so I'm sharing shit that makes sense.

By all means, if you have some greater insight please fucking share it, or does it involve some heavy-duty dosages of Kool-Aid? Some next-world knowledge? Some esoteric shit? Some Illuminati discoveries? Some greater truths? Some what?

I dunno why you coinfaggots can't at least link a fuckiing article if you can't actually fucking articulate what you mean to say.

B O O M E R S . T O . T H E . O V E N S

>Oh, brah, how does this fucking oven work? I'm like, looking at this knob fuel, but one is like,, ignite, but those words are so much alike,... it's a practice run but so like Is there like a YouTube Tutorial or something? Shit is this hard. I'm having a panic attack, I need to go back to my mom's house a smoke some weed that'll clear my head.

Whatever, you're fired, good luck.

quit feeding this troll faggot

>if you are on Veeky Forums begging to know which shitcoin will be pumped next
no so fuck off retard

From where did this boomer come and how can we keep them from coming here again?

The condescension of the group of people who have done their level best to ruin America is unbelievable. I mean shit, you've totaled the fed budget by voting in inept fucking democrats for decades - soon we'll look like Illinois because you Mike Madigan fuckheads think you can kick the can of fiscal responsibility to US. Wait until the fed spends THE ENTIRE DISCRETIONARY BUDGET ON INTEREST - oh wait no don't you'll be dead and its on us then right sweetie ;)

AND now you come here to us, the neets and crypto geeks when you smell a dime, like a fucking rat on a mission since GUESS WHO FUCKED UP THE EQUITIES MARKETS - you and the Fed. Yellen's a boomer isn't she? Why don't you just sell your house to some millenials, we're buying right?

Crypto is ours. You have housing, stocks, pensions and social security - all of which are on entirely your head.

Get out and don't come back.

segwit will activate, LN will work, BTC will 10k next summer

I was talking about OP, not you. I was saying your advice is wasted on arrogant wrinklies

oh i did not get that sorry

Finally, a smart person

to be fair, I wasn't clear.

for you

Idk why you think I'm a Boomer, but whatever, you ungrateful faggots think this economy came out of nothing? Like it's just there after so much competitive pressure from other nations (Japan and China, especially if any other oldfags are around)

Whatever, so you live and came into the workforce in the country with the most militarily powerful force, the most economical powerful, best technology, best fiat currency in the world, best music, 2nd best language, 3rd best fashion, 2nd cheapest alcohol. Low taxes. What the fuck are you really complaining about? Take of your parent's money and go visit how the rest of the non-western world lives.

Life is a struggle. Ask your peers that volunteered to go to war for the last 12 years. Not everyone in society can be a bitch, or society stops working.

Anyways, yes, I smell a dime, rest of the market is toxic, if you have friends, tell them to get out if not now, then soon. lol, trying to be helpful. Normalfag would be snifing on utilities, I'm sniffing on your fake-gay Internet money, haha, come at me bro.

you two should have a room

Plenty of room in the oven.

Speak for yourself, eth shill

Eth Is a centralized piece of shit scam meme

>volunteered to go to war

paid sheep

no better than mercenaries

I think this is going to be a reverse buy the hype sell the news situation. The hype this time is FUD causing price lowering, then news will be that softfork doesn't change much and flows along smoothly, which will cause massive price surge.

>Low taxes
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yeah, they volunteered, it doesn't mean they don't suffer.

Like guys bagholding ORIG or DRYS. Yeah they went there on purpose and knew the risks, but you know, they got fucked up when the rest of us moved on with our lives. They are reliving that dead, trying to recover what they lost in that alien territory. Very sad.

It will drop very hard next days. Below 2000 is sure and maybe below 1500.

>grocery delivery
>a failed idea
Jesus nigga do you live in Alaska?

>so new he doesn't know he's posting the same ID
Summer I suppose.

I know about the same ID, but I don't know where the problem is with that messages?

Probably not. I'd wait till a breakout at 2600 if I were you. Things aren't looking good at the moment.

why not coinbase?