You can be reborn into a new time and place. You are permitted to choose a profession. What would Veeky Forums do?

You can be reborn into a new time and place. You are permitted to choose a profession. What would Veeky Forums do?

>16th Century Barbary Corsair under Barbarossa. Stationed in the East side of Constantiniople/Istanbul

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ismail_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ur dad 14 years ago lmao

>venice as a adriatic jew

>Roman Consul

>Spain, France, England as an important aristocrat, maybe daddy did all the work.

>east side of istanbul

You like expensive things I see.

>roman consul
>gets assassinated

>venetian merchant
>sold into slavery by barbary pirates

>french aristocrat
>get guillotined

power is by no means a method of safety

North America 65 million years ago

Dinosaur

>you have to be an aristocrat in the time of the french revolution

oh wait he didn't say that

norway in 793
that would be fun

I'd actually go for a "normal" pirate in the Caribbean! Rob me some britbong ships with the lads.

>no oranges
>dies

>Hebrew Generals during the Salomonic Era
>Use my superior knowledge and start to mass produce Iron weapons
>Use my superior knowledge and produce Steel for my best warriors
>Conquer the Whole Middle East in the name of YHWH
>Stabilise my conquest
>Genocide the Ar*bs to prevent Islam
>Start conquering Europe early on anc teach my Hebraic Ways
>Pass a secret tradition that "if a carpenter named Jesus preach about turn the other cheek, he must not be killed but mocked"

Amsterdam, Netherlands in 2083
Be a bank worker or a merchant by a big multinational company in one of the hundreds skyscrapers built around the EI and Zuidas.

>2083

There will be no Netherlands by then

They said the same thing 1000 years ago.

Primus Pilus in one of Caesar's legions.

Help conquer Gaul, help save the Republic, retire to a nice farm and fuck my slaves.

Are you a drinker? I used to go in Plomari, and if you cannot drink a bottle of pure Ouzo every day, you best forget about living there...

Nice. Would rather be an auxiliary captain of Cretan archers or Sarmatian cavalry though.

Anthropogenic climate change has only really been a thing since the industrial revolution.

This time they're right.

I allways wanted to be a great architector, my fav period would absolutism era in france, even considering how much i hate absolutist states, they built so many wonderfull things

A wealthy Roman merchant during Pax Romana.

A little girl

>270 AD Palmyra
>vizier
With my knowledge of history help Zenobia fuck Aurelian's army for good and establish a true empire from Arabia and Egypt to the Bosphorus.

why tho

>one of Caesar's legions
>help save the Republic

Silly scientist, the earth isn't 65 million years old and dinosaurs coexisted peacefully with humans, but God put their bones deep in the dirt as a test.

I would prefer to be born in the 1960's.

I've always wanted to be a crusader and die for a good cause

Be the successor to Gustav II Adolf of the Swedish Empire before the end of the Thirty Years War, so that I can build a proper border for glorious Baltica.

Majorians magister militum, so I could not execute him and see if he could stabilize and reconquer trhe west.

>late Roman Empire
>legionnaire stationed in Britannia
my god, does that sound /comfy/

>Rome circa 117 AD
>height of the most glorious empire and civilization to ever exist
>Roman Centurion
>spend my days slaughtering Brits and Picts in Brittania
>retire to a nice farm in Tuscany

>Be a Mid-Ranking Nazi in high command, primarily working under Albert Speer as an architecture student while it was still fun in the '30s

>Defect to France after Germany invades Poland, fleeing to Brittany. Assist the French Resistance and British OSS in their landings of Normandy and Brittany
>Travel to Trieste post-war as everything quiets down
>British troops followed, and set up the headquarters of XIII Corps in Miramare. Finally the Americans came and the castle served as headquarters for the American garrison Trieste United States Troops (TRUST) from 1947 to October 3, 1954. Help the transition of British to American headquarters of Miramare, then work with the Americans as a translator

That's my most comfy timeline

When I first came to Veeky Forums I thought it would be like this, hoped to see this kind of comfy autism. I'm glad I wasn't fully wrong.

cato plz go

Blacksmith in pic related

Mt. Athos at the height of Byzantine theology and spirituality as a monk. Very comfy, probably somewhere in the 10th-11th centuries.

egyptian musician

Low effort, stop being normie and extrapolate your interests

How about you then?

(1/2)
THE TOMB OF THE KING OF ALL MARINERS BACCHANTES AIGUPTIOS HARPALYCE - HIS FATHERS OF THE HOUSE OF THE CAPHTORITES IN PELUSIUM AND KRETE - WAYFARER OF THE THRACIAN DIOI, ON THE GREEN HILLS OF MOUNT RHODOPE, TO THE SEA - AGATHODEAMON OF ALL COASTS AND ISLANDS AND RIVERLANDS - AND LOVER OF BENDIS AND KOTYS IN COTYTTIA, AND BRITOMARTIS IN KAINO, AND OF THE MAENADS OF DIONYSUS

Bacchantes Aiguptious Harpalyce (458 - 380 BCE) was a famed shipwright, polyglot, and renowned sea-goer in his time. His ancient forefathers were apparently leaders of the Egyptian Caphtorim in Pelusium, in the first millennium BCE, who by the 700's BCE migrated to Crete, marrying into the ethnic Mycenaean Cretan and far older ethnic Minoan nobility. His grandfather married a daughter of an unnamed Thracian chieftain of the tribe Dii, and his father married a daughter of the Mycenaean Cretan-Greco royal family.
Bacchantes was born in the spring of 459 BCE. Little is known of his youth, though accounts state that at a young age he had begun the trade of shipbuilding and working aboard merchant vessels. As he was only tangentially related to the upper class elite that governed Knossos, he never appeared to work primarily militarily, only commercially. Yet as a young man he eventually traveling back to Thrace, and, claiming leadership of the tribe of the Bistones and Dii, using his Grandfather and father as his legitimacy, he governed many coastal cities in southern Thrace. Most of his rule was symbolic and in absentia, as he made his fortunes in life as a successful shipwright and trader.

Traveling to Vistonida lake in southern Thrace, seizing control with a small army, followed by absorbing much of the local Bistones into the fold of his clan, he brought the territory of the Dii from the eastern and southeastern Rhodope mountains to the North Aegean.

(2/2)

There he formed a successful port city to the north east of Thasos and west of the Nestos river, which they annexed and conquered from Greece during the Peloponnesian War, and used as a successful trade colony, using their successful alliance with Sparta in Peloponnesian War as leverage.
They would also take during the Peloponnesian war, from the fall of the Delian league, the islands of Samothrace and Lemnos (which in 510 BC was conquered by Miltiades the Younger, the tyrant of the Thracian Chersonese. Miltiades later returned to Athens only to be now conquered again by the Thracian Dii), forming all in total a prosperous a quasi-Greek-Dii chiefdom thalassocracy of the North Aegean for many years.
It's main exports were linen and gold from Thassos, as well as fine warriors and ships. It's main trading partners were Sparta, most islands of the Aegean but primarily, Crete, Cyrene in Libya and the Levant.

Individually, Bacchantes let the rule of the tribe fall unto his constituency while he explored the Mediterranean, forming his folk hero persona during this time. As a young man he amalgamated Thracian tribes to unite and rebel against Athens in the Peloponnesian war, and it seems after he has consolidated power on the Thracian coast, he traveled to Athens and stayed there for a time, and to Sparta as well as Arcadia, meeting with Archidamus II, Brasidas, Lysander and Alcibiades, as well as numerous other key figures of what would become the Peloponnesian league. In this way many see him as a major instigator in the dissolving of the Delian league.

Also, During the end of the war, also called the Ionian war, Bacchantes returned more to a role of merchant and captain for allies of the Spartans and for his own estate, however, in the 17th year of the war, word came to Athens that one of their distant allies in Sicily was under attack from Syracuse. The people of Syracuse were ethnically Dorian (as were the Spartans), while the Athenians, and their ally in Sicilia, were Ionian. The Athenians felt obliged to assist their ally. The defeat of the Athenians in their Sicilian expedition was Bacchantes final role in the war, as he and his fleet were instrumental in the saving of Syracuse. It was at this time he transferred and abdicated total political power towards his successor for the Thracians.

Afterwards, he maintained voyages and trading ties with Magna Graecia, specifically the Adriatic sea. He was seen as a pilgrim and great explorer, opting to sail unhindered and free, and bring back to his home palace on Crete and the town of Hephaistia on the isle of Lemnos, of the Dii, magnificent goods and great wealth. He sailed all around the Aegean, Adriatic and Tyrrhenian seas, staying for a time here or there, but always returning to his great manor in Sitia on the east coast of Crete, though it seemed he maintained residence in Gortyn and often visited Cydonia as well. He also frequently visited Canaan and Persia, as well as Egypt and Sardinia.

Retard the Netherlands is already underwater. They fucking built the dykes a thousand years ago. You really think in the current year the Dutch can't come up with mega-dykes to combat further sea rising?

I'd just be a Nazi desu. Just be max-edgelord and conquer and gas Jews and then be executed at Nuremburg. Great fun

Bumpity

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ismail_I

>ismail I's general
>help him conquer iran (he did it by himself)
>recite each other poems full of banter while enjoying iranian qt slave waifus and best wine in whole world
>kill literal isis people for not being qizil enough
>make selim I, jelly
>selim I starts insulting us with poems
>he can't think, he can't write. there's no discernible talent.
>he wages war on us
>get that arab wanna be dead
>may our shah enjoy thousand qts

Neolithic hunter gatherer

Ancient Egypt under Thutmose III, as a noble of some sort, maybe serving as an official. I can apply my knowledge of mathematics and other stuff, and enjoy life.

What bothers me is that people actually feel this way

See:

not sure if bait but they didnt do much "smithing"

Literally all periods suck. They all scare me. Present sucks too, but at least, when shit hits the fan, I won't see it coming.

>genociding arabs during the salomonic era to prevent Islam
dude if you wanna prevent islam so badly either prevent christianity from happening or stop the miaphyste shism, cause genociding the arabs at that time wont do shit to stop the rise of Islam.

goldworking

transylvanian king

become medieval banker pre medici era

rule world forever

one male succession line

exactly, I would go to show them

Greek or Egyptian sailor from the years of the height of the Roman Empire.

he literally got btfo by selim though

> Selim I entered the Iranian capital of Tabriz in triumph on September 5,[15] but did not linger. The Battle of Chaldiran was of historical significance, as the reluctance of Shah Ismail to accept the advantages of modern firearms and the importance of artillery was decisive.[16] After the battle, Selim, referring to Ismail, stated that his adversary was: "Always drunk to the point of losing his mind and totally neglectful of the affairs of the state"

he got btfo so bad he fell into alcoholism and never lead an army again for his entire life

>wanting to be a sailor at virtually any point in history, much less antiquity

You are aware how regularly ships sank in antiquity, right?

>12th Century

>Court Of Khan

>Kheshig

I see you like horse milk, pilaf with more fat than onions and more onions than mutton, and naked men wresting in oil... Patrician taste.