Do statues like these prove Egyptians were black? At least some kind of black?

Do statues like these prove Egyptians were black? At least some kind of black?

In other topics people call even mixed latinos black but when it comes to Egypt everything changes.

Other urls found in this thread:

sarkoboros.net/2017/03/ancient-human-dna-and-proteomes-at-saa-2017/
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajpa.1330360603/epdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DNA evidence states that Egyptians were more closely related to a blend of Greco-Aramaic peoples of today.
>Many Egyptian pharaohs were so inbred, they developed odd features such as the broader lips as shown on the statue.

I don't think they've done any real DNA tests on mummies yet. The Egyptian government doesn't allow it

But which Egyptians from which era?
>>Many Egyptian pharaohs were so inbred, they developed odd features such as the broader lips as shown on the statue.
Since the beginning?
There are a lot of statues that have negroid features
pic related is the unifier of the two kingdoms

The Nubian pharaohs were black, the rest weren't. It's not that hard to understand.

Djoser

So if you saw these people on the street with these features you wouldn't think they're black?

There's no reason to think the ancient Egyptians were completely homogenous, their influence extended deep into Nubia so it's not impossible to think that some Nubians just moved north

This argument is flawed to me that past some arbitrary line between Lower Nubia and Upper Egypt the population is a completely different race. I don't think there was much if any difference between the two aforementioned people. Lower Nubia even bleeds into what is now the nation state of Egypt

I think only a moron would try to extrapolate a definite ethnicity from 4700years old art

Here's the thing. If you're going to push the theory that ancient Egypt was a primarily a black civilization, then you also will need to acknowledge that they were also one of the first major civilizations to utilize slavery on a grand scale which would more or less debunk the idea that slavery was a white invention.

Modern-day Southern/Upper Egyptians are probably what the majority of the "Ancient Egyptians" looked like with a lesser but significant amount of fair types best represented by modern-Copts.

My belief is that Egypt was founded by black people and then it became diverse and I'm also aware that non-whites slaved people.

>more or less debunk the idea that slavery was a white invention.
That's a strawman. No educated person believes that. Subjugation and slavery has always existed. What we do know is that Europeans were the first to do these things on a massive, global scale.

They do look alike.

and here is another. The type you see in today's Nubians, North Sudanese, and Southern Egypt are what the majority of Ancient Egyptians were like. Range from brown to black skinned though mostly brown. Throw in a fair amount of modern-Copt looking people and thats what you have.

Nubian children here

And here is a Copt girl. Probably what the Ancient Lower/Northern Egyptians looked like

Look at the sphinx. The person depicted looks blacker than Obama or Morgan Freeman.

seated scribe here. As you can see, same type.

The nose was blown off by a muslim so its hard to tell. here is nefertiti

I think afrocentrists should just accept that coptic egyptians and near-easterners are the closest populations, both genetically and phenotypically, to the ancient egyptians. No, they weren't black, or even some "kind of black".

sarkoboros.net/2017/03/ancient-human-dna-and-proteomes-at-saa-2017/

>In other topics people call even mixed latinos black but when it comes to Egypt everything changes.

That's because American ideas of race and their one drop rule is worthy only of ridicule by the civilized world. I'm sure some butthurt /pol/ack will try and call me a cuck, but most people, especially when discussing history, don't operate on the idea of "there's probably black somewhere within 10 generations so he's black".

And if we add in "countries that have been under American control" that only leaves best Korea left.

Thats Lower Egypt though.We all knew that Copts are good representatives of pre-Islamic Lower Egypt. Upper Egypt however was brown and the majority of Egyptian art shows the brown type. see:

When you say massive, global scale though, that was primarily intercontinental between Africa and the Americans, in a VAST majority.

It's not like the Arab slave trade wasn't also large scale and intercontinental.

Actually from what we can see of these results, not even the Copts are a good fit. Copts have an average 15% East African mixture with some African mtDNA. There is no recorded history of populations with this East African component being enslaved in Egypt, nor did Copts generally mix with any slaves at all.These mummies are basically 100% Eurasian. They are unlike any African population completely (including the North) and cluster more with Bedouins. Of course, no one is ruling out that they are foreigners as even the abstract suggests. We won't know until the full paper comes out

I'm not afrocentrist. I'm a mixed dude who has a skin lighter than Tucker Carlson but facial features who tell I'm not white. I just see all these statues and the sphinx with african features and I'm like "how the fuck are these people not black?"

>comparing children and women with adult men

Define black. Protip you cant.

He said subjugation as well. Most of Africa, South America, the Middle East, South Asia have all been affected. The effects of european meddling is the cause of much of the strife you see in the world today.

Whats your point?

Someone who has the majority of their DNA from East/West Africa
These are not black:
These are black

Full lips and curly hair are not SSA traits, if that's what you're implying. The soft curly hair that mediterraneans/near-easterners have is not like the tightly coiled hair that SSA populations have.

Interesting, but modern day egyptians are quite similar genetically to Bedouin populations, they cluster quite closely. Didn't Hamitic speakers move into egypt from the Levant?

>Boohoo we got rekt
Literally happens to everyone a couple of times in history

"black" is a colonial-american term with no meaning when applied to ancient populations.

Exclusively SSA*

Many of those brown Egyptians posted (aka Ancient Egyptians) would be seen as "black" or "blackish" in America or any Western country. Similar to ethiopians; they assimilate into the black identity because we have a shitty black-white binary system. its not accurate but its just how it is.

Veeky Forums frontpage topics this very moment:

>religion (Orthodoxy)
>religion with /int/ (Joan d'Arc)
>consciousness
>race (Ancient Egypt)
>religion (free will + Islam)
>war (female warriors in Scotland)
>rate US presidents
>music: thought up or found?
>Robespierre
>Hearts of Iron IV
>ethnicity (China)
>Texas vs. Mexico
>/hislit/

>Holocaust denial thread

3/10, so quite good for Veeky Forums.

This is another thread in a line of multiple 1/10 race threads today, though.

It's on-topic though. It's about ancient egypt.

>seen as "blackish"
Thanks for that enlightened academic definition.

Meanwhile in reality
>We conclude that the Egyptians have been in place since back in the Pleistocene and have been largely unaffected by either invasions or migrations. As others have noted, Egyptians are Egyptians, and they were so in the past as well.
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajpa.1330360603/epdf

Go be a Kang somewhere else

So the stautes posted on this thread aren't black in any shape or form but pardos from South America are. OK bro.

That guys white. He's not black enough to look black not Arab enough to be Arab
He's white
He has a suntan and lots of henna on.

/pol/acks want to dehumanize black people so they use all kinds of desingenous arguments to deny that there is any blackness about Egyptians. They want to feel 100% justified about their hate of black people in all aspects.
Don't believe me? Go there and see the threads about the old man who was just killed people saying that it makes no difference because he was black and therefore "not even human". Sick shit.

>So the stautes posted on this thread aren't black in any shape or form
Nope

>but pardos from South America are
Where do I, or the study I posted, talk about south america?

>OK Bro
Fuck off with your shitty bait

Yes, I never argued that major mixing occurred. South/Upper Egypt is populated by brown types. I am positing that most of "Ancient Egypt" was populated by that type. Your quote is true; but the dark brown Egyptians are just as Egyptian as the lighter type you see in Cairo.

Afrocentrists are supremacists, and it's more about denying modern-day egyptians ancestral ties with their ancestors and stealing their history. It's black ethnocentrism.

Why don't you leave North Africans and Middle-Eastern people alone and actually focus on real black history.

Look at the space between his eyes though. He looks like a tanned putin. Why do people think there black.
What if the sphinx was actually a albino he looks more like the albinos in the congo.
Still means Egypt wuz white.
Pic related
Face structure looks more like a gaul

>the upper egyptians are as egyptian as the lower egyptians
No fucking shit. That's the whole point my dude, both groups are nilosaharan / afro-asiatic population from the postpluvian sahara & MENA regions who gathered around a river valley - like all ancient civilisations did.

But OP is an afrocentrist ameritard who thinks his west african ancestors built da pyramids and shiet. That's the equivalent of finns taking credit for the greek or roman civilisation. And it is kinda sad as well. It's not like SSA didn't have kingdoms of their own, why not take pride in that if you absolutely must be an heritagefag?

you're both shitty we-wuzzers. The art clearly shows that a preponderance of darker brown types. Nordcucks need to deal with that.

But Egyptians had nothing to do with African-Americans who come from West Africa. that is completely true too. Also, there were a fair amount of lighter Egyptians too; the women were sometimes portrayed as such

Dude. People like me don't think ALL Egyptians were black. Obviously that and weren't black but the first pics on this thread and pic related were black.

>we wuzzer
I look like this dude with brown eyes and smaller nose
It's a finn but I'm not finn though

Correct me if I'm wrong, but throughout history there was a pharaoh from every race.

Race threads are played out, and it's all just bullshitting anyway. People have forgotten lately that Veeky Forums isn't just /pol/ with dates.

>Nordcucks need to deal with that.

Not a nordcuck, and read my reply again:

>it's more about denying modern-day egyptians ancestral ties with their ancestors and stealing their history.

Literally Narmer. Finns are the true egyptians.

Kangz btfo

They might have a black facial structure but that doesn't make them black
Look at all the albinos.
This. the Egyptians look more like Vikings then blacks.

I don't know, you tell me.

>Japan
>never colonised
Nagasaki was founded as a Portuguese trading port so it should be in blue

Fuck off literal retard

wtf are you talking about? Those Albinos are black.

No.
The guy looks white.
None of the pharaoh's pictured look black.
Blacks are to blocky.
Egyptians are smoother and fine boned.

High cheekbones + prognathism + wide nose + dark skin = black

Ugh! I fucking hate albinos.

middle left is an alien infiltrator

Why the fuck do you make this thread every day, you goddamn nigger?

The ancient Egyptians weren't sub-Saharan.

Newsflash: Not only black people think the first Egyptians were black.
This is the first time I've made a thread on this topic.

No one thinks they were 'black' except Afrocentrists. They were closer even to Finns than sub-Saharans.

I've known two people in school that were Egyptian who look like the ones you see as statues. And the two look a lot more Arab, so no I don't think Egyptians were black/African.

He is caucasian. He doesn't look black neither

Who cares what those goat fuckers think when we have them in England and ither countries?

WE

>to me
No one cares about your opinion.