The revolving door of rulers and dynasties that ruled Iran between the Sassanids and the Safavids...

>the revolving door of rulers and dynasties that ruled Iran between the Sassanids and the Safavids, permanently stunting its economic and demographic growth

Other urls found in this thread:

iranicaonline.org/articles/arabic-i
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

To be honest, famlam, once the Abbassids came to power the Islamic Arab Caliphate was more or less dependent on Iranic soldiers, generals, and governors up until the Turkics came in. Iranian Intermezzo period is pretty important for a reason, also a lot of interesting dynasties showed up.

>Bavanids
>Dabuyids
>Tahirids
>Saffarids
>Samanids
>Buyids
>Sallarids
>Ziyarids

Mardavij was a pretty interesting fellow too.

Once Islam came Iran was doomed to irrelevance just like every country Islam over-runs.

Cry more, Frankish homosexual.

الله اكبر

Neolithic Period (7000-3500BC)
Uruk Period (3500-3100BC)
Proto-literate Period (3100-2800BC)
Early Dynastic Period (2800-2300BC)
Akkadian Empire (2300-2200BC)
Neo-Sumerian (2100-2000BC)
Amorite Interperiod (2000-1800BC)
Babylonian Empire (1800-1600BC)
Kassite Babylonia (1600-1110BC)
Elamite Period & Isin Dynasty (1100BC-1000BC)
Period of Chaos (1000BC-900BC)
Neo-Assyrian Empire (900-600BC)
Neo-Babylonian Empire (600-550BC)
Achaemenid Empire & Persian Ascendency (550BC-330BC)
Macedonian Empire & Diadochi (310-60BC)
Parthian and Sassanid Empire (60BC- 651AD)
Muslim conquests, Rashidun and Umayyad Caliphates (632-750)
Abbasid Caliphate (750-1258, civil war and decline beginning in 811)
-Seljuk Turks (1055-1156)
-Khwarazmid Persia (1156-1218)
Ayyubid Mesopotamia(1156-1260)
Mongol conquest, Ilkhanate and successors (1218-1401)
Timurid conquest, Timurids, successors and Black/White sheep Turkomen (1370-1508)
Safavids (1501-1736)
Ottoman Mesopotamia (1533–1918)
-Mamluk Iraq (1704–1831)
Nader Shah and Zand era (1736-1794)
Qajar dynasty (1789–1925)
British rule/Mandate in Iraq (1917-1932)
Pahlavi dynasty of Iran (1925-1979)
Kingdom of Iraq (1932–1958)
Iraqi Republic (1958–68)
Ba'athist Iraq (1968–2003)
Iranian revolution (1979)
Iraqi occupation (2003-2011)
Republic of Iraq (2011)

Why would I cry you dumb nigger? France is one of the leading nations of the planet, meanwhile what is Iran? Not even the leading country of the muslims world, a total joke in literally all ways.

But France is a Muslim country, user.

>several major terrorist attacks
>hundreds dead
>doesn't do anything

France = grade A cucks.

This is Why we need to Purge religion and follower the Emperor of Mankind 's Imperial Truth.

We could be much more awesome if y'all stopped caring about Muhammad and started organizing an expeditionary force to take over the Galaxy in the name of Humanity.

>the Emperor of Mankind 's Imperial Truth

>ancient Persia
>the last vestiges of ancient Egypt
>ancient India
>ancient Mesopotamia
>Greece and Rome
>ancient north Africa
>modern Europe

What the fuck are you babbling about?

Much more fucked up by the numerous invasion by steppe tribes in the high to late middle ages

What part of my very short and unambiguous post are you having trouble understanding, sweetie?

those are included in the range between 651 and 1501

On the other hand Persian cultural influence spread further in this period than any other.

What the fuck are you babbling about nonsensically here?

Different people lad, sassanid was pure iranians while safavid was mixed people

A very arabized persian culture

>Iranic soldiers
They didnt exist in those times, brother

But that's wrong. The Abbassids declined is signified by the rise of all those Iranian kingdoms and mini-empires and the Caliphate's increasing reliance on Iranic and Turkic soldiers and mercenaries.

The Safavids were a primarily Iranic dynasty.
The Sassanids were a primarily Iranic specifically Persian dynasty.

What does this have to do with peoples in particular in Iran/Persia?

Define "Arabization". Last I checked, most other cultures and ethnic groups in the Near East and North Africa that were "Arabized" lost their original languages, view of their ethnicity being distinct from Arabs/Bedouins, and so on. That's not the case with Iranian culture so why are you saying that?

why do I have to feel those feels, bro?

nah he's right, iranians are very arabianized

they are not fully arabianized like north africa and mesopotamia, yes, they are unique and iranic, but still heavily arabianized, a huge chunk of their vocabulary is arab, most of their names are arab, native words arabianized(example: farsi instead of parsi)

not that it matters though, iran is still great and unique

>Language
>Mattering

Arabs never had the population to usurp any ethnicity outside of Arabia. Linguistfags get bent.

we're talking about culture, idiot, no one mentioned the ethnicity of iranians

>Define "Arabization". Last I checked, most other cultures and ethnic groups in the Near East and North Africa that were "Arabized" lost their original languages, view of their ethnicity being distinct from Arabs/Bedouins,

>no one mentioned the ethnicity of iranians

I know Veeky Forums can't read, but this is sad.

>Iranians are very Arabianized
Proof?
>heavily Arabianized
Proof?
>Huge chunk of their vocabulary is arab
No it isn't. That's only in written lexicon and even then Persian languages regarded additional creation of more letters in the Perso-Arabic script because it has more vowels and consosants then Arabic does, so wrong there as well.
>most of their names are Arab
No they aren't. Where is your proof?
>Native words Arabianized
>Farsi instead of Parsi
That's not Arabization, do you even know what you are talking about?

>huge chunk of their vocabulary is arab
Not really lol.
>most of their names are arab
Most names in Iran are based off pre-Islamic Iranian and Persian names from their folklore, the Book of Kings, and so on as well. Not saying there aren't Arabic names for Iranians but the majority are not that.

>that map
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

>founder was winning battles and constantly gaining territories
>was an ardent Zoroastrian and anti-Muslim
>issued and minted his own coins based off Sassanid model and templates
>gets assassinated before he could become even more successful
JUST

>Not really lol.
40-45% of modern persian lexicon is arabic

you cannot say a sentence in farsi without at least one word being arabic in origin

>40-45%
Try about 30% at most.

sources say 40-45%, your ass says 30%

Written ! = spoken

Also where are the sources for either of your claims? 45-50% of Arabic loan words and lexicon were up inflitrated into the Persian language by about the late 11th/early 12th century, but it has gradually been and continually to this day declining, hence why 40% is the maximum accepted influence of Arabic in Persian/Farsi today.

iranicaonline.org/articles/arabic-i

Imperialization of the Middle East was a mistake. Bronze age and Iron age Middle East was a lot like Medieval Europe. What makes European and East Asian history so fascinating is reading about the similar but distinct kingdoms/states compete against each other, producing great battles, men and culture. Everything from Pelagsius to decolonization, you can summerize Middle Eastern history as just one empire reigning supreme until it stagnates and dies over and over again, with the worst offenders being the Ottomans.

John R. Perry in his article "Lexical Areas and Semantic Fields of Arabic" estimates that about 40 percent of an everyday vocabulary of 20,000 words in current Persian, and more than 50 percent of the vocabulary of classical and modern Persian literature, are of Arabic origin.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

I interjected in the argument you two retards are having, you ignorant dipshit.

My source is Professor Farsidvard. Stop being retarded.

Iranian here.

I'd say the names are a 60-40 split, with perhaps an edge to the Arab names.

Either way, for every Cyrus/Kourosh there is an Amir and for every Arash there is an Ali.

Any academic/political/economic/religious work will definitely be 40%+ Arabic.

The most common everyday words are Persian in origin, such as the words for water, most body parts, numbers... but plenty will also be of Arabic origin, such as the most common word for food, mathematical functions, tons of adjectives.

In some cases using the Persian instead of the Arabic comes across as haughty. Definitely if another Iranian greeted me with Dorood instead of Salam I'd think he has a stick up his ass. Likewise with saying Sepas Gozaram instead of Merci (French) or Tashakkur (Arabic).

Iranian here, I can confirm this is untrue. Your more likely to meet people with ethnic Iranian names then Arabic ones, like 6.5 out of 10 times edging out Arab ones.

Also can point out only one member in my immediate family has an Arab sounding name and even that is Reza, which is an Arabic name that is almost *entirely* used by Iranians as its appropriation.

And some of the most common first names in Iran are names like Shapur, Khosrow, Darius, Shahin Shayeen, etc...