When did Northern Europeans start taking credit for Southern European accomplishments?

When did Northern Europeans start taking credit for Southern European accomplishments?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Israelism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwig_Woltmann#Publications
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Italy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

slave reperation like the blacks getting paid in yankeesay

north europe was a huge slave field to rome/greece, trickle down from the abundence of the north to the crossroads of Civilisation below.

>Look, mommy. I make another shitposting thread

19th century

thats when the whole nordic supremacy meme came into being

obviously it can't work when historically they were dung hut dwellers and got civilization from the south, so they started inventing meme theories like south europe, north africa, the middle east and india were originally nordic but mixed with some imaginary brown race and became darker, or the other meme theory that nordics were the ruling elite of these civilizations

Name one time I did that

Probably when they realized that leaving the Roman heritage to the Southerners would be a serious waste.

>obviously it can't work when historically they were dung hut dwellers and got civilization from the south, so they started inventing meme theories like south europe, north africa, the middle east and india were originally nordic but mixed with some imaginary brown race and became darker, or the other meme theory that nordics were the ruling elite of these civilizations
How was anyone stupid enough to fall for this? Even Hitler said it was retarded.

I'll give you three words.

>Holy
>Roman
>Empire

>snownigger thinking he's superior to Meds just because of a small economic advantage he got during the industrial revolution

i think this was common belief back then, hitler believed it too obviously

in fact most of hitlers theories that people see as "shocking" today, were common belief of industrial era europe

Since the beginning with people like Alaric

The truth is that southern niggers dragging the whole of Italy down.

what about the northern niggers dragging england and sweden down?

>gdp
It's nothing.

Actually us scandinavians never did this shit. It was anglos and germans who claimed they wuz everything n shit

Because you didn't have the idea of Europe until the Victorian era, before then it was Christendom and all of Christendom's achievements were shared

>using 21st century capitalist ability to measure the worth of an ethnicity

Mate, recorded history is thousands of years old, and you judge success based on how many hours one has to work to buy an iPhone?

It was more than that though. The West pretty much laid the foundations for modern civilization and went on to rule the known world.

Meanwhile Rome was as irrelevant as it was a thousand years before. The whole region was visited for its 'Arcadian' qualities. As in, a region interesting because nothing ever happens there and there are some nice pictoresque ruins.

Yeah the Westerners inspired themselves on the ancients, it is true. Sorry for the cultural appropriation I guess.

Mid 19th century.

Why Rome isn't South Italy?

While that's true for the area of the patel states (although they welded tremendous power among Catholics) it can't be said about Spanish, Portuguese and Southern French whom kickstarted the imperial age. Noe can it be said about the Italian renaissance periods.

Age of Discovery was possible because of Spaniards, Portuguese and Italians, all Meds.

>How was anyone stupid enough to fall for this? Even Hitler said it was retarded.

Back then there was even people who believed in anglo israelism basically about how brits were a lost tribe of israel.
Many northern protestant countries had their own israelism brand too.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Israelism

One of the earliest scholars who claimed that he could trace the ten lost tribes of Israel to France was the French Huguenot writer, Jacques Abbadie, who fled French Roman Catholic persecution and later settled in London, England. In his important 1723 work, The Triumph Of Providence, he wrote:

God opened, as one might say, the tomb of the Ten Tribes by the conversion of the Northern Peoples... Certainly, unless the Ten Tribes have flown into the air, or been plunged into the center of the earth, we must look for them in the North, and in that part of the North, which at the time of Constantine was converted to the Christian faith...The Ten Tribes have since seen conversion into Christian nations, which they are, having thousands of God-fearing ministers in their midst, a people marked by physical possession of the Gospel as servants of God, and reunited with many of their brethren of Judah in the Christian church. This explanation allows us to see the historical fulfillment of the prophetic picture in the Gothic warriors, prepared for conquest, destined for empire, and ancestors of the tribes who inhabit this nation [France].(Translation from the French by M.F. Bennett, The Servant People, [1])

Renaissance is pretty much happened in Northern and Central Italy too. What have Southern niggers ever contributed except mafia meme?

>inventing the "central italy" meme to keep the latins and rome out of reach
kek
>forgetting the union of the two sicilies was instrumental to even creating italy in the first place
kekek

by your logic indians (from india) are a failed people, despite creating multiple religions, philosophy, architecture, early civilizations, metalworks, numbers, semi-domesticating elephants, accomplishing much in the way of fabric production before factories and dyes before chemistry, stopping alexander's conquest, stopping the mongol conquest, etc etc
i mean they have low gdp per capita, they must be a failed people. the greeks too, those poor fuckers, useless and contributed nothing to civilization

fag

From the moment Northern and Western Europe eclipsed the South on many aspects of development, they started favouring national myths which focussed on what made them unique.

They moved away from Roman, political and faith based identities towards ethnic identities. For example, in the case of Germany, the idea of the freedom loving German tribes and the glorification the victory in Teutoburg forest.

So I don't think the argument makes a lot of sense. Northerners left any identification with Rome from the moment they knew they were not only passing Southern Europe in status but possibly even Rome itself.

Do they get triggered when they read about non-European Roman emperors?

You need to have some R1b-U152 first to claim Roman ancestry, terrone.

user, you are misunderstanding true meds with niggers.

I never said anything bad about true meds.

Do we really need this thread everyday?

Its the same people trolling them every single fucking day, stop getting baited you retards.

Stop shitting on the nords ffs.
Only a small minority of them are Varg.
They have their modern accomplishments, especially in the field of science.
I don't know about germans, but modern times it's the white nationalist types that say things like 'arabs are inferior, meds are mixed with arabs - not saying just saying, brown eyes hurr'. Those are often americans

Nordic aryans did that not modern shitskins both in greece and india as well as in italy ( read Ludwig Woltmann or Houston Stewart Chamberlain).

Pretty sure that's celtic.

>Northerners left any identification with Rome from the moment they knew they were not only passing Southern Europe in status but possibly even Rome itself.

Yet some of them indeed tried to steal the Roman heritage for themselves, since the crap in pic was not exactely a fringe theory.

>I don't know about germans, but modern times it's the white nationalist types that say things like 'arabs are inferior, meds are mixed with arabs - not saying just saying, brown eyes hurr'. Those are often americans

In my opinion it's the fluoride in the water.

It's the ITALIC haplogroup. Terronia has a severe lack of it.

im starting to understand how it feels to be a turk

my entire existence is enough to trigger half of europe

American white nationalists are pretty annoying overall. Can post anything on /pol/ without getting ''SWEDEN YES'' from burgers

what's the flouride in the water

Did you actually read the book? It's meme-tier.
It's basically an american civil war fanboy larping as roman. Can't believe anyone took it seriously.

>its the ITALIC haplogroup
>half of italy doesn't have it
>it exists in great quantities outside of italy
>the latins arent the center of it

WE WUZ ITALOS AND SHEIZE

>eupedia

aaaaaaand dropped

>Nordic aryans did that not modern shitskins both in greece and india as well as in italy ( read Ludwig Woltmann or Houston Stewart Chamberlain).

>half of italy doesn't have it

You mean the African part doesn't have it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwig_Woltmann#Publications
1903: Are the Goths under assumed in Italy 1905: The Germans and the Renaissance in Italy
1906 : For the German question in the Italian Renaissance[1]
1906: The Germans in Spain
1907: The Germans in France. A study on the influence of the Germanic race on the history and culture of France

Now all of this makes sense

It's just a Terrone who daily spamming this shit.

>Did you actually read the book?
The premise is enough. "Nordic people are good, Rome was good, therefore Rome was Nordic."

>Can't believe anyone took it seriously.
Hitler called it his personal bible and American govermnent formed their immigration policy based on Grant's opinions.

>Ludwig Woltmann (born 18 February 1871 in Solingen; died 30 January 1907) was a German anthropologist, zoologist and Marxist theoretician.

I can tell he is an important person, because nobody published his garbage except magazines, and because his wiki article is only a short list in only 3 languages.

The only reason he isn't discredited is because nobody knows he exists or bothers with him.

>trying to divide and conquer the Mediterranean race

Fuck off G*rmanic scum

>past accomplishments cancel out current failure
not how it works

It's pretty clear and obvious that North Italians are closer to whites than Scicilians

>we dindu nuffin and wuz gud boyz
Nice try, Sven.

>past is 12000 years long
>current is 100 years long

But hey, history is over, now is forever, the short blink when I am alive is the most important time in the history of the planet.

They didn't? Scandinavians are actually quite proud of their Viking history.

Svens used to call us finns mongolians till like the late 50s.

>white as a racial description goes back to ancient near east to refer to neighboring indo-European groups
>somehow nordcucks become only true "whites"
Shameful

White is a social construct, it's whatever you like it to be really. According to US Census is europe + mena.

>It's a cityboys don't understand how GDP works thread

Large metropolitan areas will always have relatively high GDPs compared to the country. In the country they produce primary goods (agriculture, mining, fishing, lumberers). In the cities they take these resources and use them to create further economic growth through various middlemen and services provided.

Both the rural and the city areas are essential to a large, powerful economy. But the city reap the majority of the rewards.

But go ahead and hate on country bumpkins. See how far you get when they stop making you food.

>proud of being a cultureless dung hut dweller
No wonder they're all cucking for Blacks and asiatics.

You can strawman better than that, come on.

Swedes and somalis are long lost cousins.

How is that a strawman? You dismiss a tremendous part of history to glorify a small part of it, for the sake of your own existence coinciding with that small part.
Thin for 2 minutes and you will realize how arrogant, and, more importantly, wrong this is.

>it's Italic but peaks in an area that historically wasn't Italic but Celtic

WOT

Didn't you read the thread? /pol/ is trying to tell you the romans were germanic aryan white people, and that only after the filthy brown meds replaced them, the empire went to shit.

Germans also created India, China, Greece and so on, and all those fell after the germans were chased away.

Peaks where the Etruscans and Rhaetians were actually. Neither of them were Celtic. Just because it doesn't peak in Latium it doesn't mean anything. People move. The capitals of the late WRE (Milan and Ravenna) were both in the north.

I think it's a burger thing.
They are born with an identity crisis.

I didn't mention Etruscan and Rhaetic because R1b seems Indo-European related. It's likely that those had R1b in ancient times too considering their connections to Central Europe but it seems to have come from an ultimately Indo-European source.

Either way, this subclade peaks in areas that don't seem quite associated with Italic.

You have a point by saying that modern distribution doesn't tell us much about ancient origins but in that case how does one know it was associated with "Italics" specifically, unless we get ancient data?

If anything it seems associated with generic "Western European Indo-European", i.e. that broad Italo-Celtic grouping that included all sorts of languages that don't fit neatly into either Italic or celtic.

Indo-Europeans entered Italy very late, only in 1200 BC. The distribution in Switzerland and Germany correlates with it's migration pattern. Hard to explain the high frequency in France though, as it didn't seem to enter it during the migration period.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Italy

Stop making bullshit

R1b in Italy is Gaulish, and it peak in Celtic land

How did Germans create India, China and Greece if they were white?
Sunlight turns you brown/black. People who lived in hot climates for thousands of years became brown. Germans aren't brown so they didn't create any of that.

Kelts and Latins weren't that distant anyway, they were the last ones to separate

Except France has less of that subclade than Italy. It would peak somewhere in France instead of Italy if it was Gaulish. Gauls were a recent arrival to that region.

>French with S28 leave trhis area to go in Italy
>S28 decrease in France

Why are you even suprised ?

Outta my way, terrone fucking shit

>Nordic Aryans
>NORDIC
>ARYANS

And we don't originate haplogroup by their percentage but by variations since the more an haplogroup stay in a land the more diverse it becoem

There is no evidence of U152/S28 entering France in high quantities during the time of the Indo-European migrations. Mediterranean France has the most of it, but that could be attributed due to Romans colonizing that region heavily. Gallia Narbonensis was a senatorial province after all.

This senpai.

Nah we didnt Pekka. Without you Pekkas we would never have became the empire we once had. You are a great warrior people with a beatufiful language.
Sincerely din vän Sven

How did he take credit for Roman accomplishments? He wanted a homeland for his people and a position in the Roman hierarchy certainly, but not even Theoderic the Great or Gelimer of Carthage attempted to claim 'We Wuz'.

>Eupedia
Kek
>There is no evidence of U152/S28
It didn't enter since it originate from France, anyway the Roman recorded themselves the colonization of Italy by the Gauls

>but that could be attributed due to Romans colonizing that region heavily

You're in denial m8, Romans weren't R1b but J2

Anyway every R1b in Europe originate from France

>Romans weren't R1b but J2

t. Al Capone

>every R1b in Europe originate from France

lol you can't be this retarded. Go WE WUZ somewhere else, faggot. I'll start ignoring your posts from now on.

Dude

U152 originate from P312 which originate in France, and P312 itself originate from L51 which also originate in France

You're just a Gaul in denial

>Can't handle genetic evidence
>Start going butthurt

Sure my negroe friend

Have a (you)

NOUS

>Deny histyorical evidence
>Deny genetic evidence

It is why your shithole will never become relevant, you're just a bunch of Arabs and North Africans, and have nothing to do with Ancient Romans

You're such an obnoxious faggot. Are there really this type of retarded we wuzers like you in France? This is the first time I meet one.

>this disgusting terrone spamming the same thread everyday
We get it. You wuz romanz and shit. Now crawl back to your third world shithole

Go pray to allah pablo

OP is from Tunisia apparently. He made this same thread on /pol/:

That is due to the fact that Northern Italy is actually Western European.

>Using haplogroups to look for the "real" descendants of the Romans.

Y'all can't be serious.

I was there too.

> tfw 1 away from an epic get.

whoops apocalypse, forgot about the darn convention of posting to another board.

>> tfw 1 away from an epic get.