Is Jordan Peterson the biggest fucking obnoxious boomer ever? What kind of advice even is that?

Is Jordan Peterson the biggest fucking obnoxious boomer ever? What kind of advice even is that?
>sort yourself out
>stop procrastinating
I know I should do that. It just annoys me he insinuates I am being 'weak' for that or that my entire generation is 'weak'. I bet he would roast me for being a virgin too.

Veeky Forums related because he's often mentioned here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Lzyksxxx4k
youtube.com/watch?v=oZtJP7M-9Og
youtube.com/watch?v=5AII--2mSxA
youtube.com/watch?v=e-BZylziBKI
youtube.com/watch?v=xY48e1oDXSU
youtube.com/watch?v=ctcFyVnGoWo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You sound like you need to sort yourself out and clean your bedroom. You're falling lower on the dominance hierarchy as we speak.

Maybe you should start doing what you know needs to be done user? instead of crying like a neo-marxist.

=^)

Yeah I seriously don't know why people are so fascinated by him.

Nothing he says is groundbreaking. And he tends to just ramble without getting to the point, just like most professors do.

Let's make this seriously Veeky Forums related.

Did you know this guy is raking in $580,000 a year from FUCKING PATREON. WTF

He is already making 160k/yr as a professor, and he has a clinical practice, and a book, plus another self-help style book coming out that will probably hit top-seller charts. AND don't forgot the $30 self-authoring program he tells everyone to take. All these things are surely much more popular because of his public presence. He'll probably make 800k+ this year.

Apparently telling twenty-somethings to "clean your room" and stop whining about "rights" is where the money is. I think a lot of marketers probably shat themselves when they saw this guy take off.

i think your dragon is speaking, slay that bitch!

Forget to mention his new lectures are also making a profit, even though he didn't expect them to.

young people have a tendency to idolize anyone who gives them actual guidance, especially in a world where nobody offers them anything anymore. what is happening with Peterson is not really unusual if you consider what it is most young people are exposed to, I.E., post-modern relativists or blind fanatics of one stripe or another.

Well deserved profit

This drives me semi mad.
I like his lectures a lot but he's getting way too much money. I assume most people are giving it to him for his "anti-feminism" and free speech shit not because of his actual lectures and shit.

What I like about him is that fame didn't change him. He's making bank now yet he is still devoting most of his time to making new material, recording lectures, going on talks, plus his research and prof career. He's genuine in what he does and says. I respect the guy a lot.

>take old common sense self-help bullshit and slather it in a thick layer of mythology you pulled out of your ass
>sell it to lost and confused white males who feel like they no longer have a place in the world and don't know how to see through your bullshit because they are willing to believe whatever they can to feel better about themselves
Muh dragons. Muh bedroom. Modern day philosophy is a scam.

>Implying he should do everything he does for free

Maybe he's making money because what he says resonates with a lot of people. There are people making FAR more money than he does while making much less of a contribution.

Ffs he's one of the only people in the public sphere taking a stance against regressive policies, and doing so in an eloquent and well-informed way.

This is the kind of advice that isn't actual guidance. But maybe many young people are stupid enough to consider it as such.

He just tells people to be responsible and work hard, desu. I guess a lot of men missed that as they were raised and educated by women.

aye he gave the future authoring away for free though

Yeah but I missed it :(

You can basically recreate it from the study he published though.

>I know I should do that. It just annoys me he insinuates I am being 'weak' for that
But you are being weak. You're so weak that you literally started a thread complaining about it so you can get reassurance from a bunch of neets. You could have been doing something productive but you choose to do nothing.

>Dude, stop being a loser who whines
>MWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HE'S BEING MEAN

He's right you know

youtube.com/watch?v=1Lzyksxxx4k

DaVinci was super fucking messy.

Cleaning up shit is a waste of time.

Sam didn't clean up his room, he decided to mine litecoins back in 2013 instead.

Peterson is a cuck who wants old world values back, and most likely jock culture to bully people into not being trans.

Fuck him, I'm out of society. FUCK FIAT, FUCK JEWS, FUCK SNAPCHAT WHORES

Why even try putting yourself together when literally no girl will understand you? I can't stand cognitive dissonance, I can't stand putting up a front.

I'd rather be a rich hobo guy like sam hyde.

Honestly this. If it's so goddamn hard to simply stop putting things off/clean your room, calling you weak would be nothing more than fact.

honestly just join a gym, if you are fat like I was (I'm still fat just less fat), it's nice to have some control to improve yourself when everything else seems so untouchable.i

every non-financial video this faggot makes
he preaches not wasting any time but his entire sub base is people who fuck around on youtube all day
if he actually does what he preaches then he would never watch himself

the self help program is a literal scam LMAO; It's just a bunch of questions like what do you want to do it future and shit.

Sam hyde seems like a worthless faggot tbqhfam

>implying the two are mutually exclusive

Being an adult virgin does show weakness yeah. Unless you don't have a sex drive.

Why do you care about the quality of his advice if you know you are shit and have no frame of reference for it? I never whined about such petty shit but after growing up I find myself understanding what "be yourself" and "don't give up" mean a lot better. Yes, weakness and strength are real. Most people in our generation try to brag about our weaknesses AS strengths, but then statistics say they are still miserable, have low salaries relative to their age, and they can't defend themselves. Our dads complained about authorities and older people fucking them over, too, but then they went and made a life for themselves anyway. How often do you see someone sacrificing their relationships, living conditions, and self esteem just to be able to sit on their phone/computer all day, MAYBE having a shitty low skill career?

Can someone redpill me on this guy? Will his ways really sort myself out if I am a neet on the verge of suicide Veeky Forums?

It only works for /pol/acks, sorry

Peterson is based but to really understand him beyond dumb /pol/ memes you need at least a basic level knowledge of mythology, philosophy and comparative religions.

If you're just a dumbass who hasn't read a book in his life his lectures will go completely over your head.

He's tackling the unironically most important issue in modernity and that is the reframing of human mythos so that it comes into alignment with modern scientifically advanced world.

Some more good stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=oZtJP7M-9Og

youtube.com/watch?v=5AII--2mSxA

youtube.com/watch?v=e-BZylziBKI

Yes, he offers meaning to people who are endlessly nihilistic. The way he articulates and presents his arguments against it is a work of art. He has helped me a lot, I think it would do you some benefit to look into some of his work. Here is one of my favorite videos from him to get you started, and the channel that it's on has a lot of videos to get you into it, then you can move into his full length lectures when you are ready for more (you can find them on his Youtube channel):

youtube.com/watch?v=xY48e1oDXSU

More like he's found a fantastic way to capitalize on the Google Effect Generation using cherrypicking and appeals to authority, telling people that no - it's not the system that's broken, it's you. Just conform to (((economically predictable and safe trends))). It's an attractive message to anyone malleable enough & upset with the way the corporate media presents the world we live in. He's a chaos agent under the guise of a provider of stability. He fails to take into account the progress of technology and how it shapes the human condition & economy in his us and them worldview and instead just demonizes a potential technocracy as "ivory tower elites running every aspect of your life". Give me ivory tower autistic geniuses any day over this populist rube rousing.

I dropped him the instant he called MGTOW's gutless weasels

Hmm... Maybe I was wrong about him after all.

Jordan Peterson is a fucking brainlet.

That faggot is like sitting through a Philosophy 101 course, but the material is applied to a few /pol/ topics. I don't get how he has a following, there is barely any difference between him and Molymeme, but molymeme is just a bit more interesting.

Fuck Jordan. His ideas are garbage and do not have any real-world application if you try to play them out.

Yeah and what're you doing for lost white kids. Acting as a wholesome paternal figure and articulating a sane path of to follow is not a scam.

This

Jordan Peterson is an absolute piece of shit

MGTOW is feminism for men. Kys

You sound insecure if you're that bothered by being told to sort yourself out. Procrastination, immaturity, and not knowing yourself are signs of weakness. If you're truly strong you can recognize your weaknesses, understand them, and then correct them. Don't shoot the messenger.

Me to! I hate it when people speak the truth!! >:(

$30 for a program that should take you days to complete is a good value. The past authoring part allows you to better understand yourself and why you are the way you are, which can lead to you better identifying your strengths and weaknesses. The future authoring part forces you to clearly define goals for yourself which should force you to work harder to achieve them for fear of letting yourself down. If you just vaguely say to yourself "I want to be rich a year from now" but you don't think seriously about it in detail and how you're going to get there, you can just push it to the back of your mind and then when a year's gone by and you're not rich, you just brush it off because you were never serious about it to begin with. If you don't have a positive role model in your life who's actively pushing you on a daily basis to become your best self, then you yourself have to be that role model and that's what the program does.

Not sure when I implied that I was doing anything for them. If a bunch of pasty retards finally decide to bite the bullet and get a job at Walmart and move into their own apartment because someone finally made them see value in their life, then good for them. Congratulations.

You're right. In this day and age it's all about being traditional, like this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=ctcFyVnGoWo

Don't forget to get married after you make it to lamboland.

he's creepily socially conservative too. he says he's not but if you listen to him it's clear that he believes everyone should be in a heterosexual relationship, have children, and the women should stay home with the kids.

he gives it out for free all the time though, just follow him on twitter and wait for him to offer it again. it's a free sample basically.

Well, that's where he's right.

Yeah keep jerking yourself off to cynicism like everyone else and see where that gets society at large.

Nothing wrong with that.

there's big money in selling things to retarded /pol/tards

srs, how does Veeky Forums get in on this hustle?

you peterson fags are like literal cult members, you paid $30 to a man in order for him to tell you to keep a diary

Explain why he is wrong?

Who in the actual fuck is fretting over thirty dollars you fucking peasant.

Your passive aggression is fucking pathetic, bro

dhgate does wholesale MAGA hats in all shapes and styles my friend

probably jordan peterson's target audience since they feel that a grown man telling them to clean their rooms has value worth paying for -- not exactly the picture of high rollers

top kek if you think wealthy people buy into this "sort yourself out ;)" nonsense

>$30 for organized practical life advice
vs
>$30K a year for professors to read out of textbooks for you

Clean your room user.

>strawman

>Ok lets make this Veeky Forums related.

Did you know this guy is raking in $580,000 a year from FUCKING BITCOINS. WTF

He is already making 160k/yr as a coin miner, and he has a large mining rig, and a gaming pc, plus another state of the art rig coming out that will probably hit top hash rates.. AND don't forgot the shitcoins he tells everyone to mine. All these things are surely much more popular because of his public presence. He'll probably make 800k+ this year.

Apparently telling twenty-somethings to "mine altcoins" and stop whining about "fiat and jews" is where the money is. I think a lot of bankers probably shat themselves when they saw this guy take off.

>never change you jealous virgins

He says himself his audience is mostly young men. If he's helping them conceptualize their reality in a clown world where children are given transgender hormonal therapy or coping with information decentralization so be it. And top kek if you think wealthy people say top kek you fucking goon.

>And top kek if you think wealthy people say top kek you fucking goon.
I just did. Top kek.

Enjoy your self-help messiah my guy.

He seems to have struck a chord inside of you. To say his ideas are garbage and have no real-world application is completely unfounded and ridiculous. His whole aim is to place a moral burden on people so that they stop doing the things that are holding them back and start doing the things they know they need to do to progress as a human and achieve their self defined goals.

Cleaning your room isn't exactly a new concept, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not useful. The entire concept is to start sorting and solving smaller problems so that you can build up the skill and use it to solve the larger problems in your life (i.e. the Dragons he speaks about in his lectures so much), so that you don't have to suffer as dreadfully as you would if you had done nothing. He wants people to take responsibility for their lives and do what they can to improve them because it's not only your life that it affects, it's everyone who you are networked with as well.

That being said, I think his lectures work best on people who are a bit lost and are trying to find their way through this life. It's possible that people who have most things already worked out in their lives don't see what the big deal is, but if you are hostile to his ideas then they probably rang a little too true for you to accept, because the truth hurts.

I got a dexamphetamine persrcription a few weeks ago for adhd (23 years old). It has been helping me shitloads, if i had gotten this diagnosis as a kid (got misdiagnosed with assburgers. Apparently theres a massive overlap in symptoms) I think i'd actually be somewhat successful if i got this before dropping out of highschool and later uni

>Being so retarded as to think your environment has no affect on you
>hur its ok tho because Davinci the polymath was messy too!
>No girls will ever understand me!!1 its not my faults its the jews and fiat!!!

Pretty interesting seeing the quality of posters in a Veeky Forums Jordan thread compared to a Veeky Forums one

self authoring is basically your autobiography - when you get to present day you start writing about your goals and what you want to happen in the future. Then you work out what you need to do to make it a reality and what will be the consequences if you don't.

Its fairly simple and straightforward but will crush you if your honest with yourself.

Go and look at his time management shit

user as the link here If you think successful, high performance people don't actively manage their time then kys.

he's providing hundreds of hours of the most profound, intelligent content i've ever seen. you can watch it all without paying a dime.

yeah its called a diary or journal you sperglorde, my grade 3 teacher taught me all about it

>if your honest with yourself.
bruh

Dude do you hear yourself? You are basically typing out really generic self-help bullshit you would find on the back of any random book at Barnes & Noble.

My problem with Jordan is that it is very basic-bitch-tier self improvement advice. Many of his philosophies take people to a dead end or are left open-ended so they basically lead somebody to nihilism. There is no objectivity in his philosophies, even though he tries to rail against nihilism.

He says gay shit like "I disapprove of protesting because the people protesting are no better than the people they are protesting against", and he advocates "cleaning your room" before you try to change others.

Okay, so at what point is somebody's room "cleaned"? At what point do you have the moral authority to try and change things/other people? We don't know, because Jordan is a massive cocksucker who just throws out basic bitch philosophy that vaguely references out-of-context Bible verses.

You don't need to achieve Nirvana or some stupid shit in order to criticize somebody, you just don't need to be as bad as the person you're criticizing.

If somebody finds Jordan inspiring/profound, they probably have not really studied philosophy or read much classical literature. It's fine if people find him inspiring, but these people who act like he is absolutely profound and anybody who doesn't agree just needs to "clean their room" need to fuck off ASAP. Peterson is pleb-tier bullshit. If you get something out of him, great, but don't stop there. Move on to more advanced ideas.

Don't care much about peterson, but his tirades against nihilism are aggravating. Philosophy is NOT medicinal in purpose. Claim it(It being nihilism) doesn't help isn't a fucking argument. Philosophy isn't trying to help you

Well fucking deserved. JP is legit to the core.

>If you get something out of him, great, but don't stop there. Move on to more advanced ideas.
well put

He doesn't believe humans can discover absolute truth due to our limitations, thus he believes in finding things out to be true enough for practical use/progenatiion of the species. In this way, all knowledge is measured in terms of its utility as a tool. Therefore philosophy and its purpose should be to aid our survival(he extensively argues why nihilism is dangerous to that).

Knowledge is not measured via utility. That is pants on head retarded. You measure value through utility. Peterson might need to crack open an Introduction to Philosophy textbook.

>he doesn't believe humans can discover absolute truth due to our limitations

This is his problem here, and this is why he is a useless faggot. His philosophies have no real-world application because of this.

He is ultimately a nihilist. If every "truth" (assuming there are multiple potential truths) should only be considered "true" based on it's practical use, then we start getting arguments from SJWs about how 50 genders is the most practical route to take.

Peterson is absolute dog shit and a moral relativist, even though he tries to argue again it. HIs philosophies completely enable moral relativism.

He's one of the few good people left in Canada.

Once again, he would say the 'trueness' of knowledge is measured by its utility in allowing for the gathering of more knowledge/continued existence of the species...It continually happens that human advancement turns everything we thought we knew to be 'true' about the world on its head....given our limitations this will continue to happen, thus the only way you can judge something to be true is by its allowing for continued discovery, so yeah all of our knowledge needs to be looked at that way.

You can't make a pragmatic argument for everybody having to memorize 50 different genders in order to please .01% of the population, so I don't see your point...
Regarding moral relativism, he regards ideas that have persisted for long periods of time in prosperous societies to be truer than random ideas, how is he a moral relativist if he points to judeo-christian values as meta-truths?

wtf i love the western world now

I seriously hope you don't believe this nonsense.

>You can't make a pragmatic argument

No, you can. You can make a pragmatic argument for anything. Some SJW could argue that these 50 gender roles will benefit society in x, y, and z ways and memorizing them starting in grade school is a great idea.

>If something has worked for a long time, then it's true!

This idea leads people to believe that nothing is true, but we just do things that are practical. This is literally nihilism, and the fact he cowardly pussy foots around from claiming The Bible as the objective truth ushers in this nihilism.

You fucking did it wrong. Lurk more fagut

:^)

It's "fatherly" advice that's fairly sound, in a world where most fathers are dorky cucks more or less
I'm just glad my dad and I grew up in the country

I think it makes sense, I don't need to buy into it 100% to understand Peterson and realize his insight is valuable
What are you saying, you can't make a pragmatic argument that's grounded in Darwinism for everything, one could easily counter ways in which that kind of indoctrination would undermine western society...
No, it doesn't make people believe that nothing is true, it makes people recognize the importance of the substructure of our society, the belief that it is our duty to advance the species and progress towards a better world is not nihilism.

When Dr. Peterson gets on a roll he can be very amusing but put him in an interview where someone isn't willing to put up with his bullshit and its even more interesting

See Sam Harris interview 1 and 2

Humans still can't discover absolute truth though. You can't disprove the possibility of the unknown. Failing to acknowledge that is dishonest. We can still use our limited knowledge for practical applications with adequate confidence rather than blind faith.

Fuck off please.

>puts all lectures on youtube
>frequently gives out his future authoring program for free
>gives his book away for free including an abridged version, and a russian translation.

I can't believe people resent the fact that he makes money. I signed up for patreon because his stuff has helped me a lot personally.

So many people speak in circles and jargon and hardly say anything. It's because they are afraid to commit to anything whereas JBP is not. His manner of speech resonated with me right away.

MGTOW is feminism for men

Kek

This is simply false

I agree with this opinion

Just clean your bedroom. After you're done, clean the kitchen and the bathroom too. Invest in your future. Maybe you'll get a job as a house cleaner.

He apologised for it

>the most profound, intelligent content i've ever seen
Read a fucking book every once in a while holy shit.