Are Sardinians and Basque the only real Europeans left? Everyone else seems to Asiatic or Indo-European steppe monkeys

Are Sardinians and Basque the only real Europeans left? Everyone else seems to Asiatic or Indo-European steppe monkeys.

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/in/giovanni-ugas-60181749
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Lilliu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuragic_civilization
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuraghe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherden
mega.nz/#!8CgS1KJA!1bdG-qh1a_JCC9uL7Yuj2x3ASk78cKCwGV8R_TOh3Ww
mega.nz/#!MWoGUDAS!v3tVvO8HAEuvBxj0vUMPSaB0Y4X0xrQkY6GgIcSakmc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italic_languages
youtube.com/watch?v=KweSm82t4K4
youtube.com/watch?v=paSGt-TfGpg
mega.nz/#!uwdiHbjC!iNyml8vB4fctplcOx-j8pxBBqlzPzK2c4gAyy5kW61w
nurnet.crs4.it/nurnetgeo/
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cordand.nurmap
carminepiras.com/vestiario.asp#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sardinians are farmers from Anatolia and Basques are an unholy mixture of farmers and steppe raiders.

Sardinians are mixed with European hunter gatherers too

The basques too (specially maternal lineage, perhaps that why they are so ugly).

European hunter gatherers were ugly?

Basque women are, the ugliest in the peninsula.

How can that be true when Basques are the least mixed-race people in the Iberian Peninsula?

>implying Sardinians aren't completely spoiled by Arab rape slavery pirating

Nice try OP. Now go back to /int/ /pol/ or whatever fucking cesspool you crawled out of.

What does that have to do with it?
Arab DNA signatures are negligible

They were Phoenician for 600 years and even after Rome had taken control of Sardinia the inhabitants of the islands kept writing in Phoenician until the 2nd century AD

It all depends on how you'd want to define Europeanness, really.
Personally I'd give it to Baltics, simply because of the large mesolithic European ancestry(and generally higher affinity).

But I can understand the argument for Sardinians, as they are basically the oldest "ethnicity" in Europe, so to speak, since other ethnicities coalesced later in their modern form. Not so much for Basques as they actually have some non negligible Yamnaya input, which would explain their very high R1b.

There was a massive study on Sardinia that came out early this year and the only small north african signals were detected in the south of the island, which makes perfect sense given the Carthaginian presence.

They aren't you faggot. Prove me wrong.

sardinia isn't easy to reach by boat

It doesn't make much sense because it should be much higher considering how long Phoenicians and the natives cohexisted on the island and how much Phoenician culture was deep rooted in the island (much more than in Sicily or Iberia)

In a study (I think by Bernardini) I read that while for other Phoenician colonies the pottery changes completely from the city to the countryside/interior areas, in Sardinia Phoenician pottery was very common in the interior areas too

Phoenicians were ultimately traders, they weren't colonizers like the Greeks, and they mostly hanged around in the south. Sardinia is genetically not homogeneous at all anyway, the mountains limited geneflow significantly by the looks of it.

Phoenicians were in Olbia (North East) too

People were extremely xenophobic back then.

And unlike America where you'd be separated from home by thousands of miles of sea, Phoenicians could easily bring wives from home.

Every archaeologist who's studied Phoenicians in Sardinia said that they mixed with the natives a lot, it's clear from the material culture of the time, and all the ancient sources confirm that the Sardinians spoke Phoenician and were pretty much considered Phoenicians by the Romans even at the time of Cicero and beyond.

Also even if for some absurd reason your theory was true (that Phoenicians founded all the main Sardinian cities and never mixed with the natives in the interior areas), it wouldn't explain how there's no Phoenician DNA in the coasts since the current inhabitants of said cities should descend mostly from them

it's ultimately a numbers game, is there evidence of any massive movement from north Africa? those cities were likely born as simple trading spots, with some elites ruling over mostly locals and trading with the interior, not unlike with Romans in Gaul or Iberia, who managed to Romanize the entirety of them without massively altering the genetics of the locals by simply influencing the local rulers, who would in turn influence their inferiors

You go back to faggit, moron. Arabs got their asses kicked every time, and when the pirates started being too much annoying S. Igia was created and the population moved there. Problem solved.
Also, like said, there is no relevant trace of Arab DNA in Sardinia.

>Every archaeologist who's studied Phoenicians in Sardinia said that they mixed with the natives a lot
Yeah, and every genetic study proved them wrong. They do that because they don't want to admit that they were wrong before (seriously) or to push a political narrative (muh migrants etc, in a specific case, but not only that). The Phoenicians influenced the culture of the coasts a lot (in the interior parts of the Island the thing was quite different), but did not have any genetic relevancy. And btw, the Phoenicians often arrived on already existing cities and did not create them. Tharros and Karalis (Cagliari) existed way before them, and had important naval commerces during the Nuragic Era (ex. with the Mycenaeans).

Sardinians are the ultimate racefu

>the least mixed-race

I'm color blind, I grab a sample from the legend with my eyes, then as I scroll the scatter, i cannot select the color.

Those scatter plots really annoy me because of this.

What are good sources for this period in history that you recommend?

You mean the Nuragic Era? It depends, if you understand Italian I could give you a few titles, otherwise as much as it seems absurd in English Wikipedia is probably the best source around right now. I could link to you the list of articles and add some informations, if you want. The problem is that the Nuragic civilization (like Sardinian history in general) it's criminally underrated and the few books that are translated in English are already old and partially proven wrong by new studies.

Anything please, Italian isn't too much of a stretch, I know it a little and my Spanish can probably fill in some gaps.

Basque country is beautiful, always found it facinating that their language is so unique

Ah, good. Then I would say:

- Everything by Giovanni Ugas (archaeologist and professor of Prehistory and Protohistory at the University of Cagliari). In particular "L’alba dei nuraghi", "Shardana e Sardegna" and "Giganti di pietra. Monte Prama. L'Heroon che cambia la storia della Sardegna e del Mediterraneo". You can see the list of his publications here: linkedin.com/in/giovanni-ugas-60181749
See what you can find where you live, those three books can be at least bought on Amazon and are probably the best around.

- "Le sculture di Mont’e Prama - Contesto, scavi e materiali." by Angelini, Ivana, Gilberto Artioli, Domenico Basile, et al. (2015 Gangemi Editore spa.), in particular for the analysis of the isotopes from page 207.

- If you are interested in the architectural side of Nuraghes I would say "Accabadora. Tecnologia delle costruzioni nuragiche" by Franco Laner, "Gigantes de Perdas. I nuraghi: templi della luce" by Alessandro Atzeni, Sandro Garau and Tonino Mura, "Le torri del cielo. Architettura e simbolismo dei nuraghi di Sardegna" and . You will probably find different ideas about the ancient use of nuraghes, that's because it's an open discussion still today.

- "Il pozzo di Santa Cristina - un osservatorio lunare" by Arnold Lebeuf for the analysis of one of the better conserved and best temples produced during that time.

- If you want to read some stuff that's a little old with the informations (as I said, some ideas changed totally during the years), but very complete when it comes to the analysis of every part of the civilization and the archaeological finds of the time I will say the books of Giovanni Lilliu (you can find the list here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Lilliu ) that was one of the greatest archaeologist in Sardinian history.

In the meantime, Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuragic_civilization
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuraghe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherden
1/2 (no more space)

FOR FUCKS SAKE WHY CAN'T I POST SHIT HERE? I get spam filtered even after changing all the . to DOT and reformatting everything. I give up. I posted what I wrote in the pic, if you want to just copy and paste the links I also uploaded the pdf version on MEGA:

mega.nz/#!8CgS1KJA!1bdG-qh1a_JCC9uL7Yuj2x3ASk78cKCwGV8R_TOh3Ww

Again, if you need other informations just tell me.

FOR FUCKS SAKE WHY CAN'T I POST SHIT HERE? I get spam filtered even after changing all the . to DOT and reformatting everything. I give up. I posted what I wrote in the pic, if you want to just copy and paste the links I also uploaded the pdf version on MEGA:

mega.nz/#!MWoGUDAS!v3tVvO8HAEuvBxj0vUMPSaB0Y4X0xrQkY6GgIcSakmc

Again, if you need other informations just tell me.

>Speak an Italic language
>Not italicized, therefore Indo-Europeanized

>Sardinian
>Italic language

Indo-European -> Italic -> Latin -> Romance languages -> Sardinian

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italic_languages

Retard.

Awesome. Thanks man. I'm going to start checking this shit out.

What color clothing did Nuragic people they wear? Did it vary by class? Community?

Bump

I don't know about colors (probably very colurful, like all ancient people were and like Sardinian traditional clothes are still today), but yes, their dresses were different depending on the class. Here you can find a reconstruction that was tried by using the ancient bronze statuettes as a reference:

youtube.com/watch?v=KweSm82t4K4
youtube.com/watch?v=paSGt-TfGpg

Really makes you think

Another Sardposter

Hi dude!

I forgot to add this one in the material that you can find:

mega.nz/#!uwdiHbjC!iNyml8vB4fctplcOx-j8pxBBqlzPzK2c4gAyy5kW61w

Map of Prehistoric archaeological sites of Sardinia. I had to put in on MEGA because it's an image of over 22mb (5342x9812). While still incomplete, is probably the best around.

Pic related it's a shit-quality version, pretty much a thumbnail.
The interactive version is even more updated, and has way more data (also you can change the language to English):

nurnet.crs4.it/nurnetgeo/

Android app for the interactive map:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cordand.nurmap
The legend of the image is in Italian. Translation:

Nuraghe monotorre = Monotower Nuraghe

Nuraghe monotorre sito non verificato = Monotower Nuraghe, non verified site

Nuraghe a corridoio = Protonuraghe/Corridor nuraghe

Nuraghe complesso = Polylobed Nuraghe or a Tancato nuraghe

Dolmen = Dolmen

Domus de Janas = Domus de Janas

Tombe dei Giganti = Giant's Tomb/Grave (Sardinian megalithic gallery grave)

Menhir = Menhir

Villages = Villages

Pozzo sacro = Sacred well

Culto dell'acqua = Water cult Temples or structures in general

Fontana sacra = Sacred fountain

Unicum = Unicum (something that is unique and doesn't belong to any category)

Grotte tafoni = Ancients tombs inside Tafoni

Good job bro, I've just found this site with some pretty good reconstructions of Nuragic armors

carminepiras.com/vestiario.asp#

Nice! Thank you for the link.