Were Turkish people simply European who practice Islam?

Were Turkish people simply European who practice Islam?

No

>Europe
>Come from beyond the Black Sea
Really made me think user

It doesn't matter

Of the 65 million Turks in Turkey, it is estimated that about 10 million are of Slavic and Paleo-Balkan descent, due to migrations of converts.
So, 55 million Turks are not white.

No, they're anatolian.

Turks are from the steppes

Ottomans=/=Turks

No. "Turkish" is a meme created by "Turkish" Nationalists out of the state a fucking Imperial Dynasty who barely gave a shit about race when choosing mates.

But then again, in Central Asia, the appelation of "Turkic" has always been a linguistic appelation, and considering a lot of Turkics are mixed with Indo-Iranians, race doesn't seem to matter in the Turk-identity so long as you spoke the lingo.

>Is a central Asian group who speaks an Altaic language and practices Sunni Islam actually European?

No. Fuck off.

Anatolia isn't in Europe.
That said the majority of the people living by the Aegean sea would probably pass as European though.

Yes

They were mongols from the steppes.
Now they are a mix of Greeks,Armenias and Bulgarians.

The Turkish republic and the people of Turkey have fuck all to do with the Medieval Turkic invasions of Anatolia. The only thing that ties modern Turkey to those tribes is the language. Modern Turks are for the most part turkified (under Ottoman rule) Anatolian natives (Assyrians, Pontics, Greeks, Armenians, Kurds etc.) as well as balkanites.

Most Turks do not practive Islam

Define "white"

>most turks don't practice islam

Because we don't follow the religion to the letter doesn't mean we aren't muslim.

Alcohol is legal in turkey. Obviously not muslims at all.

Islam says that alcohol is bad when you misbehave because of it.
As long as you aren't a faggot who can't handle a few drinks I don't see a problem.

Probably nothing wrong with casual sex either as long as you use protection right?
Some "muslims" you are

That's crossing the line though.

You don't see the line when you're drunk.

>don't pray 5 times a day
>don't read the Quran
>drink alcohol and smoke
>girls only do anal to save up their virginity
You're just bigots desu. Claiming to follow Islam is a great way to justify it.

They are not European, but they are certainly white.

Albanians and bosnians can be considered europeans who practice islam.

Turks cannot as they have a more distant culture, identity and language. When it comes to genetics they are of course less european than balkan people but they are still more european than persians or arabs.

That's why its your personal responsibility if you know that you can't control yourself just don't drink its not that hard.

Smoking is not haram actually it more advised against also girls having pre marital sex is seen as bad however you put it and if a girl sluts it up someone will find out eventually.

t.mehmet

You're turks are too moderate and I dislike that but as a muslim we need all the allies we can get so whatever.

There needs to be a balance between the middle eastern and european way desu.
Too bad we can't get it right ourselves.
Also where are you from?

>Turks are too moderate
Kek
Its all the other muslims who are too radical

Turks are indistinguishable from Christians. And Christians don't have any rules at all.

Don't worry my dear friend Muhammed, Sultan Erdogan is trying to fix that.

are you blind or stupid?

yes, there is nothing wrong you goat fucker.s

Yeah, Anatolians aren't too different from Greeks

oo salty little autist boy! did someone step on his precious little theories he nurses in his dark computer room all alone? I think your bad posture is affecting your attitude I'm going to talk to your mum about it

>Assyrians, Pontics, Greeks, Armenians, Kurds

nah, I don't buy it. None of those people look like turks except maybe the browner armenians and kurds

alcohol is legal in a lot of muslims countries

Some of them, there are white looking t*rks that are probably Serbs/Bulgarians/Romanians/other balkanittes genetically, some of them are regular mediteranian brownish which are basically greko-anatolians genetically and the rest are basically arabs

i dont think ive ever seen a "turk" who actually looks turkic

Literally yes.

> According to a 2012 study on ethnic Turkish people, "Turkish population has a close genetic similarity to Middle Eastern and European populations and some degree of similarity to South Asian and Central Asian populations."[2] At K = 3 level, using individuals from the Middle East (Druze and Palestinian), Europe (French, Italian, Tuscan and Sardinian) to obtatin a more representative database for Central Asia (Uygur, Hazara and Kyrgyz), clustering results indicated that the contributions were 45%, 40% and 15% for the Middle Eastern, European and Central Asian populations, respectively. For K = 4 level, results for paternal ancestry were 38% European, 35% Middle Eastern, 18% South Asian and 9% Central Asian. K= 7 results of paternal ancestry were 77% European, 12% South Asian, 4% Middle Eastern, 6% Central Asian.

This is how it starts. Next thing you know it just becomes a name and not a belief

Middle Easterners are still considered Caucazoid though. So what is the point of this thread again?

There's no such thing as white people in europe, it's a new world thing.

>girls only do anal to save their virginity
Wtf I love Islam now

Literally no
They kidnapped hundreds of thousands women and kids from the Balkans, converted them into islam and used for janissaries, harems, etc.

If Hungarians had adopted Islam like half the Balkans I guess we would now be talking about how alien they are instead of Orban posing as the guardian of Europe and Europeanness.

And if the ottomans had converted to orthodoxy they would've been the third rome.

Veeky Forums is really fucking awful at keeping current day politics out of historical discussion, they weren't called the "sick man of not europe"