>Doesn't get a basic meme that is used by /pol/lards and non/pol/s alike

I think you should go back

le matrix me-mee XD

real questions? wuts that LOL

umayyad? xD

What the fuck do you mean by redpill

actually the largest city would be Karachi at 27,506,000, not Cairo

>12th largest city in the world

How is that impressive? It just means Egypt has the 12th largest city in the world. It's not something that happens because they bundled up again.

So how exactly is /pol/ more offtopic than you people?

12th is pretty significant. Few Americans realize how low NYC ranks.

But yeah you have a point - it's not a result of the unification.

They introduced greek psudoscience like bloodletting and skull-drilling to Europe after the fall of the roman empire.

/pol/ keeps trying to force modern day ideology and political theory onto history, no matter how distant, and the result is twisted, stunted, and retarded discussion.

also /pol/ lacks all nuance whatsoever, and just tries to reduce to thing nationalism or rational theory every time.

To add to this, they also bring a moral agenda to every discussion and look to judge history with that which further reduces any nuance.

>the umayyad clan was one of the staunchest opponents of mohammed
>they gain control of his empire just a few decades later
hmmmmmmmmm

Khalid ibn Walid was also a staunch anti-Muslim individual at first.

>also /pol/ lacks all nuance whatsoever, and just tries to reduce

Ironic desu

lol it wasn't lost on me when i was writing that, but the anons from /pol/ we see here on Veeky Forums rarely have anything high quality to offer on /pol/ either.

It was because they were expert military strategists but also ambitious. Unar understood this so he kept changing them every two months and also putting restrictions like (No bread other than made from Barley, No Arab Horses, no silk clothing, a record of all expenditure to be sent to Medina and Their offices to be open to all) he also had the son of a governer whipped in the Mosque of Medina for cheating a Copt of his money.

Caliph Usman did not realize this or was too old or biased (He was Umayyad) to keep changing and controlling the governers and they got stronger. When he was killed, The Umayyad governer of Syria , Mu'awiya, opposed Ali's election as he saw the Rebellion as the removal of an Umayyad being replaced by a Hashmite (Their opponent) so he decalred himself a Caliph.

Later when Ali was killed by a separatist Anarchist group (Khawarij), His son agreed to make Muawiya Caliph of all to restore peace if Muawiya agreed to make him his successor and not found a dynasty of Umayyads. He had Hasan son of Ali poisoned and made his son Emper-Caliph and when Hussein son of Ali and grandson of Muhammad set out with his family to confront Muawiya's son, Yazid, he was stopped by an army of 4,000 men and after being halted for 10 days and having nothing to drink for 3 days he and his 71 followers fought and died there are Karbala.

After this, the son of a friend of Muhammad, Abdullah, rose up in revolt against the Caliph Marwan. (Yazid had died leaving behind an infant son who died after a few months making Marwan, The illegitimate brother/Cousin if Muawiya the Caliph). He was besieged by the general Hajjaj in Mecca (Where fighting is forbidden) and was catapulted. Hajjaj destroyed the Kaabah but kept firing. Finally Abdullah attacked with 5 followers and was said to have continued fighting with one hand and leg.

He was crucified and hung on the kaabah until his mother, the sister of Aisha, kissed his feet and asked the general Hajjaj when the Horse ride will get off his stead. This ended major armed opposition until the Abbasids.

>Veeky Forums is not /pol/, and Global Rule #3 is in effect. Do not try to treat this board as /pol/ with dates. Blatant racism and trolling will not be tolerated, and a high level of discourse is expected. History can be examined from many different conflicting viewpoints; please treat other posters with respect and address the content of their post instead of attacking their character.

xD he used a pol may may that means I have to derail the thread with irrelevant shitposting instead of using the chance to discuss history on the history board i mean like, who the fuck would every discuss history on the history board amirite? amirite? LOL

&humanities was a mistake.