What do I listen to now?

What do I listen to now?

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History

Oh ok

Thank you

Also we can refit this thread to be a general podcast recommendation thread

>Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
Nooooope. Probably the worst history podcast out there.

maybe Revolutions

>"Goodbye, this has been the History of Rome"

"Hello. And welcome to the history of Rome."

Wait, so is there a consensus here that something widely regarded as good by normies kinda into the subject (the history of Rome) is actually good?

Shit, it must be amazing.

What was your favorite arcs?

mines was the early republican period
late republican and Illyrian arcs are runner ups

Why?

Askhistorians podcast

I liked the early / middle empire arcs.

>Veeky Forums will still deny the reddit invasion

>being so pathetic you cling to fucking website nationalism instead of judging something by its own merits

I wager they have some loose criteria of what constitues a "historian" on leddit, so no I'll keep to my other pods

Hardcore History varies by the episode desu. I thought Carlin's analysis and story telling about the Spanish-American War was awesome

Martyrmade podcast

Where can you listen to this?

>mfw redditors claim any preference for a website is now "nationalism"

What isn't nationalism to you fucks? Am I nationalistic for liking the color orange

chauvinism is more accurate but less funny

>this is bad
>gives no reasons why
Off yourself

The podcasts are all made by professionals and grad students. Most other history pods are just folks with a BA who read a lot of pop history.

It's not even chauvinism. It's having a preference. I'm not being prejudiced for shit by claiming Veeky Forums > Reddit, anymore than I am for claiming orange > blue.

I don't understand this mindless need by you cretins to label every opinion under another -ism. It's like you can't accept basic differences in human opinion forming tendencies.

Same dude has a podcast for the Byzantines

Wow you're easily triggered.

The original post wasn't about having a preference, it was about shitting on something just because it's related to reddit in some way like one of Pavlov's dogs.

>I wager they have some loose criteria of what constitues a "historian" on leddit
You're thinking of Veeky Forums

>I don't have arguments and instead will resort to the 2017 generic variant of "u mad"

It was one off hand greentext that you went off on an asshurt tangent about. Six words. Learn to accept people's preferences instead of throwing a tard fit and then trying to back-justify that tard fit with BS, user.

You're on fucking Veeky Forums

Writing off a podcast because it's attached to a website you don't like isn't a preference, it's a knee-jerk assumption

The only one on an asshurt tangent is you, go re-read your posts.

Redditors with no arguments shouldn't be allowed to post on Veeky Forums. If your home is so great, go back to it.

I said the Askhistorians podcast was good and you got triggered. Why are you getting so worked up over my suggestion?

Your own argument is literally just "reddit", fuck out of here

The Great Courses desu

Just pirate em. They are really well done, particularly those done by Kenneth Harl. Here's a ranking of the ones I've listened to:
Alexander and the Macedonian Empire > The World of Byzantium > Rome and the Barbarians > The Crusades > The Rise and Fall of the British Empire

Is this the reddit general? I'm sorry I triggered all of you for reminding this is Veeky Forums, fuck off.

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History.

I listened first to "Revolutions" and I'm now with this one. Holy shit what a fucking amazing trip. I want this ride to never end.

I listen to it (and Revolutions) on Spotify.

From Marius to the beginning of the Empire. I think of it now and holy shit.

I have no idea about the History of Rome, but I find this just amazing. "Revolutions" is great as well.

The guy has a gift for this.

Half-Hour Hegel