Someone please explain to me why whales put up huge sell orders and prevent the price of a coin that they own from...

someone please explain to me why whales put up huge sell orders and prevent the price of a coin that they own from increasing in value? Im missing an integral piece of this ridiculous puzzle.

why do they want to suppress the price like this?

So they can buy more at lower price.

They also put up the buy orders in the other side, this allows them to accumulate a shitton of coins at an artificially low price. As soon as they remove their wall the coin starts mooning and they sell all the way up.

how does this happen though?

it totally stops the book and they arent even places buys. its just freezing everything.

how do they get it for the artificially low price though? if theyre playing both sides how are they picking up anything at all?

you must be referring to what's currently going on with decent. yeah the past couple days it's been cycling through 40000-60000 over and over. obviously someone is consolidating lots of low price decent. it's not something i'm going to invest in.

looks like youre right though and its on both sides. im looking at CFI. just weird to watch someone straight manipulate it like that.

hes thrown up a massive order for 30k+ coins and then goes back and forth halting the buy orders with his massive ones. wild.

ive obviously started recently and have done well with CFI lately but this shits annoying as hell.

they cant buy and sell their own shit in a loop can they?

>can they
that's exactly what they're doing.

and where is the benefit of this? If theyre buying their own shit in a loop what are they gaining? i appreciate the late night spoon feeding. brain is glossed over from hours looking at this shit.

i suppose you could raise the price of it if you were buying from yourself.

This seems bizarre like it cant be the answer because of how blatantly fucked up and illegal it probably is. could you get away with this in the stock market?

the matching engine wont match orders from the same account.

why are they keeping the price low? so they can acquire more. so whoever they're working with can get in at that price. other reasons we don't know aboot. it's not illegal. i'm not a doctor.

is it best to just altogether avoid coins that are able to be manipulated like this? or is this just what the deal is outside of the big 3

they're all manipulated that way it's just easier to see with low volume coins. if you get in early then it's nothing to worry about. you're just along for the ride.

Just wait for the bull market to return. Right now, it's very easy to lose money.

thanks bros

what did you manage to get in early on? any you have your eyes on?

iota. civic should do well. check out centz and blocktix.

Look at this for example. Right now there is someone with a sales order of 137384.69785821 CFI for 0.00008101. Obviously a whale.

This is DYN as of a few minutes ago, the middle of the graph looks artificial to me. I got a modest 15% gain and got out, but this one's pretty interesting because of the 40btc sellwall the whale had to eat to get the pump started.

i underestimated their influence. What do you do to get around this and still make a profit? Seems like all you can do is walk away from it until its done being tug o warred for 15 mins at a time

What happens is that they create a barrier that needs to be overcome so that the currency reaches higher values.
With the volume that CFI has it will hardly exceed these 137k CFI that they put in the 8101 sat. That's about 68 bitcoins.
What you can do is establish a sales order below his and wait for him to again drop the value of the coin to buy again or else have patience and wait for the currency to rise.
The amount it is trading only in this sale is almost half the total volume of the coin. That's how they handle.

solid info man. greatly appreciated and understood

If you wait 1 month or 2 will profit from CFI because the value of the currency is very low, I believe it should reach up to 20k sat or more. But with the whales creating barriers it is difficult to exceed this limit with the current volume. They keep the currency at an artificially low value because they earn in volume. If you have half a bitcoin then you expect a higher appreciation to profit, they do not need a very large appreciation because the volume of them is very large. So any variation up is already a very high profit for them, so they can create these barriers manipulate the value below that, and they do it because there are people who get tired of their game and end up handing the coins cheap.
The problem of selling during this game is that the barrier can fall and the value of the coin starts to fire and you can not buy in the amount that was previously. There you have it to decide.

That is, they can win twice. They can win in this little game by manipulating the coin just as they can win when the coin moon. So they will stay in this game for as long as they can and have people handing over money to them cheaply.

its not always manipulation, a lot of it is also whales just taking advantage of the fact that a coin's stuck in a price range, and setting their buys and sells around that to make easy money.

you dont even need to be a whale if you do that on very low volume coins.

You can do it but you can not create a barrier so that the price does not rise beyond that. That's the problem with whales.

But at least they have a good side that is going out taking away all people with weak hands.

Just place your sell order for 1 Satoshi less than the wall.

yeah thats what ive been doing since, its just annoying. i get that they hold the price there and ride the waves but wouldnt they make out much better if they just let it go and see if it moons? I mean, theres only so much you can do with it, and so many people who will get into a coin that doesnt move around much.

seems like theyre leaving a lot of potential meat on the bone.

and the obvious use of bots lol its almost funny to watch

They have a secondary income from fiat and want to buy more later.

interesting though. could definitely be the case sometimes.

beceause newfags sell when they see big sell walls

What caused the bull market and what makes you think it will return? When do you think it will return? Any signs that show up right before so I can get in early on cheap coins before everything moons?

Does that mean now is a good time to buy and then keep a close eye on the charts?

Quite simply... imagine you're a whale. You see a dip and want to acquire lots pf coins at the lower price. However, so does everyone else.
To beat them you set a large sell order (the wall) at a price that you want to be the upper limit. Prices can't surpass the wall until your large order gets filled i.e. x amount of buys at that price.
In the meantime you could be buying at lower prices.
When satisfied, you might cancel the order (remove the wall) and allow the price to run up.
This ensures you get the total amount of coins you want before the price starts rising.