My dad recently sold his mother's house and has 50k for investing. He wants to invest it into precious metals...

My dad recently sold his mother's house and has 50k for investing. He wants to invest it into precious metals, specifically silver. He's a conservative and thinks that the economy is going to crash and the American dollar is going to become worthless soon.

Is there a better way for him to invest his money? I'm genuinely curious what some better options might be.

Other urls found in this thread:

apmex.com/spotprices/silver-prices
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BitBean

Invest in BitBean. It's silkroad v6.0 with double sub-atomic escrow, soon to take over the market.

>thinks that the economy is going to crash and the American dollar is going to become worthless soon
>implying it's not

Gold would be a very smart move right now.

Would've been a smarter move 10 years ago.

He should put some of it into old US silver change, '64 and earlier. If he's worried about buying things, one silver dime used to buy a bag of groceries. He could spend $1000 on it and have jars of the shit to jingle when he's bored, and also another $49k to spend on things that will make him money. Does he have a unabomber shack out in the woods? A bunker for waiting out a few weeks of nuclear fallout? Guns? There are much more useful and fun things out there than some shiny metal blocks you have to hide.

precious metals are not an investment but a hedge against a crash/yidflation
buy hi-value longlasting items like weapons, productive machinery, land, collectibles etc

Everyone on Veeky Forums keeps shilling silver lately, I guess it's a decent investment.

Invest in BitBean! It is only a matter of time before it becomes the world currency and being a substitute for the Dollar!

The future is now!

depends on where you are, yurofags have VAT plastered on top of it whenever buying or selling, only gold is tax-free

>better opinions
>Veeky Forums

I would turn around bub

If he's going to buy a lot, the best advice is to not buy all at once, silver's currently in a downtrend, which is good news for people like your dad.

Tell him to spread his investment across several months, even across 2 years. If silver ever drops to $10 (I really don't believe it will), then he should buy all that he wants there.

Silver has good support around $13-16 an ounce, in this current era. If prices drop below this, he should buy a lot then. If prices look to rally later this year (and it really could if the indices start experiencing more downward pressure), tell him to wait until prices drop before buying more.

Always buy when prices are dropping, if you're looking to be a longer term holder.

I think silver is as low as it has been in 10 years right now

guns, off grid / hybrid power systems. If he really thinks shit will go down, he should have tangible and useful goods. If the dollar somehow disappears or goes to total shit, silver won't save him.

that'd be awesome if it dropped to 10 an ounce.

10 oz bars for 100 spot fuck yea. turn me into a stacker overnight

I never even thought about doing it slowly over several months. I'll mention this to him, thanks for the advice.

according to apmex.com/spotprices/silver-prices it's worth about as much now as it was 6 years ago after a large spike in price, generally speaking.

This is a pretty cool meme. I'll bite, why should I do bitbean? Give me one good reason.

faster than a bean of light, bitbean

the bean that memes

buy my bags (TM) today

>Is there a better way for him to invest his money?

Anything, but as he is a conservacuck who has no knowledge about finance, it will be nearly impossible to pursue him into investing something solid.

>s there a better way for him to invest his money?
Depends on what his goal is. Metals are good if the aim is to keep the $50k while having a somewhat liquid backup if the country catches a bout of Venezuela.

If "investing" means accumulation/capital growth, then precious metals or cryptocurrency isn't your best option.

I own physical silver and gold for the same reason your dad is interested in them but the total value only represents 10% of my own investments.

Could always try Herbalife. I hear great things from Mexicans about it.

You've obv. never watched Cramer,dipshit

>leftcucks in charge of the future
>oh no we gave away all your money to 3rd worlders awwww shucks

Bitbean and you will double the money within a week

wait a second... Could I use all my bitcoin to buy gold and cash out tax free?

>wait a second... Could I use all my bitcoin to buy gold and cash out tax free?
Cash out of what, bitcoin? I thought that shit wan't tracked.

Taxing currency is gay as fuck.

40k Silver 10k cryptos imo