Hello, I'm looking for historical armors that are beautiful or intimidating but used in combat and not ceremonial

Hello, I'm looking for historical armors that are beautiful or intimidating but used in combat and not ceremonial.

Other urls found in this thread:

qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-763509892b3a4d38d58b9b84553e7c5e.webp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I always found warmasks to be the most intimidating you could get.
It totally removes the human element from a soldier which makes the one wering it way more creepy.

Not much SEA armor.

But this is beautiful.

qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-763509892b3a4d38d58b9b84553e7c5e.webp

What's with the nip protectors tho

I concur, warmasks are awesome for intimidation.
That is beautiful. And here's my contribution to the thread.

Polish nobility was Veeky Forums as fuck and had good looking armors too

Eastern/Steppe/Caucassian armor is the best imo gonna dump

Meh tb h, the guy is just handsome

>gonna dump
>three pictures

Kek

Oh im sorry, i was dumping elsewhere, just finished dumping a hot load in your mothers mouth, your father should have done that as well.

This seems accurate, as Bulgarians quickly realized they need to mimic or perish.

Found the whole pic, sorry

I've been thinking, wouldn't those "horns" in samurai helmets be a liability in combat? especially since heavily armored combat tend to turn into wrestling.

Did knights, or more specifically the teutonic knights were these helmets in battle?

Please tell me this is siege equipment.

These are my ideals for High Middle Ages armor. They're functional yet aesthetically pleasing. And having a sword, shield, and composite bow is the best combination to have.

This i believe is a Volga Bulgar warrior from something like the 10th-11th century. Danube bulgars had similar soldiers, who would use bows to weaken an enemy and then defend with swords and shields. The shields was small and light enough so you could use the bow without putting it down.

maybe

Nope

No.

you wouldn't want to protect your nips?

Bronze age is my favorite

Look they could have. Headpieces were used to identify their leading commander.

>implying this wouldn't just end with the hero getting squished.

Yes, the soldier becomes part of the wall

Tannhaeuser is depicted with a crest like this in the Codex Manesse wearing the order's habit. Whether these crests were worn in battle or whether the crests depicted in the Codex even represent something that was physically worn rather than being a different kind of representation of a coat of arms is unknown. Not to mention that even if these sorts of crests were worn, there is no evidence that they were particularly popular among the Teutonic order.

What's that thing on the left of its chest?

it went alright

Why does he look so smug?

Lance hook.

Lorenz Helmschmid of Augsburg ,1450-1515 was likely the most prominent armorer of its time in the HRE. He made a lot of no nonsense battle armor for the Habsburg emperor Maximilian and the rest of the high noble catholics in civilized Europe. He used advanced technology like elaborate fluting and differential hardening to create light and rock solid armor.

Filippo Negroli of Milan 1510–1579 was famous for his splendid bling armor foll of gold and dragons and naked chicks. technically the armor was excellent too.

Have some Brunswick field armor.