Can you guys tell me of instances of weaponized refugees?

Can you guys tell me of instances of weaponized refugees?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Crusade
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nubia#Christian_Nubia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamization_of_the_Sudan_region
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_settlement_in_the_Japanese_Empire
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

there was this horse in troy

Not that recent
That was more like an ambush, I think

What's happening here is that they are taking small towns and prisoners to free towards the city they are planning to siege so their resources dry out faster
That's what I am looking for or at least something among the lines

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Crusade

iirc mongols did it. they let the peasants escape into the city to spread panic and eat their food.

That's what I am talking about, it seems like sucha good tactic if you have the city in question completely surrounded from receiving any more supplies

many european midieval conflicts

ottoman wars

post colonial civil wars such as the congo war

So it was a common move?

where is that page from?

From Kingdoms recent chapter

Vandals, Goths, etc. as a result of being driven out by Huns and climate change.

For a couple hundred years, they went everywhere and fought nearly everyone, from the Romans to the Arabs and themselves.

Does fleeing from an oppressive government make you a refugee? If so then Lenin.

That's a good question. Palestinian refugees tried to take control of Jordan (a majority Palestinian country) and later transformed Lebanese politics, being the highest factor in the overthrow of the old Maronite-Coastal Sunni order and replacement with a left wing order led by Shia and Palestinian anti-imperialists.

Well there was this one time in the 20th century when europe let a wave of parasites into their continent which spelled the end for the european peoples, turning the continent into brazil 2.0

The Mongols drove out the Cumans from what is now Russia into Hungary. At first King Bela IV offered them refuge as long as they would fight for him, but lots of local disagreements broke out and Hungarian nobles ended up killing the Cuman leader. This resulted in the Cubans getting pissed and most of them leaving to loot the countryside, weakening the kingdom even more in preparation for Subutai.

fuck off /pol/

The Arabs tried to attack the christian Nubians twice and were repelled

So instead the Arabs flooded Nubia with unwanted arab tribes as "peaceful shepherds and merchants" until they took over demographically

These seem to be more like colateral effects and not part of a strategy from attackers tho
I already stated that I am not talking about current events. Take your boogey man with you.

You got any source for this one?

>I am not talking about current events
I don't believe you though. You are trying to make a stupid /pol/bait dumbassery point and false equivalence. Fuck you and fuck off.

>By the 7th century, Makuria expanded becoming the dominant power in the region. It was strong enough to halt the southern expansion of Islam after the Arabs had taken Egypt. After several failed invasions the new rulers agreed to a treaty with Dongola, called Baqt, allowing for peaceful coexistence and trade. This treaty held for six hundred years. Over time the influx of Arab traders introduced Islam to Nubia and it gradually supplanted Christianity. While there are records of a bishop at Qasr Ibrim in 1372, his see had come to include that located at Faras. It is also clear that the cathedral of Dongola had been converted to a mosque in 1317

>The influx of Arabs and Nubians to Egypt and Sudan had contributed to the suppression of the Nubian identity following the collapse of the last Nubian kingdom around 1504. A major part of the modern Nubian population became totally Arabized and some claimed to be Arabs (Jaa'leen – the majority of Northern Sudanese – and some Donglawes in Sudan).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nubia#Christian_Nubia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamization_of_the_Sudan_region

C'mon nigga, this should be common knowledge

I just read a manga where a general is causing a refugee crisis aiming towards a capital to dry their resources and make sieging quicker, I thought it was a really good idea and wondered just how common was this in History since a lot of sieges were all about starving people
You are the only dipshit

Germany sent Lenin and other refugees back to nurture instability in Tsarist Russia.

Not for me apparently, that's some long term warfare right htere

>since a lot of sieges were all about starving people
It bolsters their manpower, though, which can be used for raids, unlessit's all women, children and the old and infirm.

I doubt raids could balance out the resource consumption

The purpose of raids as a defender is to destroy the supplies of the enemies, not bolster your own supplies.

During the Mariel boatlift, Fidel Castro allegedly emptied the prisons of Cuba, sending everyone to the United States.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_settlement_in_the_Japanese_Empire

Isn't this jsut an attempt at expanding Shinto religion through judaism?

goths

How can Ousen be so BASED lads ?

That's not a raid user.

It all comes from the helmet

yea probably

Who said it was?

Is this manga historically accurate? I don't mean characters I mean equipment, tactics and such.

Of course not.

No at all, well at least not equipment but there is some interesting tactics
It's pretty much an action manga based around the states war
Fun shit
This is probably the most interesting arc since the coallition which was the highest moment of the series

The story follows historical scripts but takes lots of liberties and makes it interesting. The power level of the generals is insane with them taking out dozens of people in a single strike which is hilarious, the author really manages to make every chapter HYPE. And its probably the best historical manga with a focus on military tactics, ignoring the powerlevels of course.

>Lenin is a refugee
Questionable, since he wanted to go back to Russia, which is the opposite of what a refugee does.

2015 and Syria

There I said it. We all know everyone is thinking it.