PoW, PoS, etc

Is Proof of Stake the most superior form of producing cryptocurrency? Are there any systems beyond PoW/PoS that have significant advantages technologically speaking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hsTwMiVJnY0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There are others but PoS is the best imo

ESP got both pos/pow, check bitcointalk.org. This shit gonna be huge this august.

I prefer POW/POS hybrid as you retain the power for a stable network while making 51% attacks impossible.

There's no equality in this pic OP.

>Is Proof of Stake the most superior form of producing cryptocurrency?
lol, absolutely not

With POS, you get like 5% a YEAR. Fucking chump change. And if the coin suddenly crashes, you lose way more than you have ever staked. With mining, you can at least switch to a different coin. With staking, you're screwed.

Basically, POS is shit and you should not really waste time staking coins.

This is a solution user....

>buying a coin that's literally called "piece of shit"

I think vrc/vrm binary-chain solution sounds promising. youtube.com/watch?v=hsTwMiVJnY0

WOAHH!! GOOD ONE!!!!!

pos sucks....

Proof of work is stupid because of its inefficiency.

pos just gives away free money to exchanges wallets. (obviously they don't give gains to users)

and it gives lots of coins to already rich people....who just bought lots of coins and who just sits on them.
fuck pos.

bitcoin is pow and its best and pure option.

pow gives regular people like me .....opportunity .

fucking pos gives nothing - its just pints money for hodlers non-stop ....and devaluating coin in process.

There is dPoS, which allows you to delegate your staking power

same thing can be said about large mining pools, and people who can afford the equipment, large warehouses, and electricity costs. They will always be able to keep up with updating equipment that quickly becomes too slow and obsolete due to difficulty.

you don't need large warehouse to have one or several used amd/nvidia videocards.

This. Decred master race.

you're misunderstanding the point. The ones that have the money (the rich, as you described) will be able to run mining farms at a larger scale.

Still, for a little guy it is less risky to mine coins than stake coins

DAGs > DPoS > PoS > PoW

PoW - costs energy, eventually becomes centralized through mining farms, rich gets richer
PoS - everyone gets their proportional share, but vulnerable to sybil attacks, locks your coins
DPoS - same issues as PoS without the coinlock
DAG - ??? no idea, seems perfect on paper but perhaps I'm missing something

nice propaganda image

in the case of ethereum the miners will have the vast majority of the money to stake with anyway, so it wont help with decentralization in any way

theres no way to democratize crypto, people with the most crypto i.e. the most money, will always be able to make more money than those with less.

Just like real life. At least DPoS kind of addresses this issue.

when have humans ever let something so trivial as efficiency get in their way?

Pow and pos have a similar drawback. Big money can create a huge mining farm and dominate a pow coin. Big money can buy the majority of a pos coin and be the staker with the greatest weight and earn most new coins.

how does that help prevent sybil attacks if it just doesnt lock your coins up? everythings anonymous.