My girlfriend wants to be a evangelical again. If you do not believe in god such as me...

My girlfriend wants to be a evangelical again. If you do not believe in god such as me, please help me to convince her to not do that with sociology, philosophy and anthropology arguments, because I'm not sure if I can do this by myself after all the manipulation she suffered.
Also I don't want to suffer of lack of sex.

>help me manipulate what I want my gf to believe

Or she could just dump your beta bitch ass

I guess we would start with asking why she wants to be evangelical.

Dump her. Get a nice Orthodox one.

If she wants to be evangelical let her be an evangelical. If you don't like it, break up and find someone with the same belief system.
Don't be a dick.
I'm an atheist too.

kys please

Are you really so insecure that you need to control your girlfriend's religious beliefs? Sounds like she can do better.

>Get a nice Orthodox one.

Is this the Veeky ForumsLARPer version of "surely cute Japanese girls will appreciate my fat greasy neckbeard because I love anime?"

In Bird Person culture, trying to control the belief system of someone you supposedly love is considered a dick move.

>Express concern about toxic fundamentalism and all of a sudden Veeky Forums is all about feminism and freedom of religion.

OP here
Yes, I'm a beta and I will not found someone near as perfect as her or that I love so much, and I can't stand see her throwing away her life like this. I'm just asking for help, I'll do it anyway

Can you answer

Yes
Basically she was abused a lot by her mother before, and never get a chance to think by her own since her brother was the only person to help her and think by her
They were all evangelical
But about a year ago she moved to her father's house and stopped following this since she wasn't being forced anymore, but suddenly she begun to feel all guilty and said that she wants to begin again

Christian here.

That's the wrong reason to pursue God and clearly trauma induced. That said, Gods not the problem- shitty people are.

Be there for her, but treat the illness and not the symptom. Get her counselling.

HOWEVER, atheism is pretty trash because energy just showing up one day makes no sense. Phew, almost broke Veeky Forums code by caring for a second.

Yes, but that is the point
I love her so much that I don't want her to become one of that people that just gives everything to church because she heard
She could be in any fucking religion, but I know she will not get in the healthy way

If you love her you shouldn't give a shit about that

Maybe she actually believes it and it isn't because of the abuse.

I don't know what your name is, but know that God loves. I know, it sounds like cheesy bullshit. It's practically a buzzword, but trust me when I say that he's real and cares so much about you and her. Take a trip with her to get away from everything and see if she's still feeling called.

I'm getting vibes that your life's about to turn for the better, but hey, I'm just an user.

Follow this path.

>I'm a retard who thinks Veeky Forums is one person

You apparently don't love her enough let her make her own decisions.

Hey, this doesn't need to get toxic. I'm here actually trying to get OP and his girl to convert, and even I understand where he's coming from.

He's more concerned that the religion is a vice to cover up survivors guilt.

If she "wants" to be evangelical, she would be, since it's a belief one can take up or drop at one's pleasure. This means she only thinks she ought to want to be evangelical, and so does not actually want to be.

I'm not saying OP's concerns aren't valid, but he's a moron for thinking he can control his GF's religious beliefs. Not only is it unethical but I t won't work. He's going to drive his GF straight to arms of the church.

idiot

dont try to convince her of anything, talk with her, go trough the whole thing with her like a fucking journey or somethig, understand her side first, read the fucking bible with her, show interest, you might even learn something

none of that is about what you think its about, figure out what it is that she needs or wants and is trying to get from that shit and give it to her

otherwise shes just gonna leave you cause youre blocking the way to something she randomly identifyes with right now or feels a need for

or shell just cuck you with some evangelist

Maybe you aren't giving her something, if she wants to go back to spirituality. You are probably a boring souless piece of shit, like all the STEMfags. Convince her to be catholic at least.

>Yes, I'm a beta
The game you're playing is preemptively lost. It's only a matter of time before she leaves your letztermensch ass

> catholic
Weird way of spelling

Women usually believe in mystic stuff like horoscopes or angel therapy etc. Just try to put it in this perspective.

But it might become worse. When I met my future wife I wasn't happy to hear some of her beliefs (she practically awaited for the second coming of the Chirst or Harmageddon or something like that.) Grim stuff that loathed me, but I was happy to have someone. What she cried about most was having premarital sex with me but for some reason she kept going. After a couple of years I got bored about that and being a depressed beta I proposed her.

Now, we have clearly drifted apart but since we have a child I'm not going to leave her. You can have the change now.

OP it doesn't sound like logical arguments are going to work. Best thing you can do you is try to get her into moderate christianity. Convince her to try out different churches and say you'll go with her. hopefully she'll make friends with normal people and feel a connection to that community.

Just make sure she cums multiple times a day and she'll be saying who the fuck is jesus in no time.

>trying to have a dialogue with your loved one to attempt to rationally convince her to change what you believe to be a harmful belief is 'controlling' and a dick move

He's not asking how to arbitrarily tell her she can't do something you retards, he's asking for help composing a rational argument for her to ignore anyway because she's an evangelist.

>evangelical

If you cant show her how ridiculous evangelicalism is from simple observations like the age of the earth its not worth it.

really the best thing you can do with evangelicals is give them that half-truth that the word used for "day" actually means a vague period of time. though I can't stand these people either it's better to live with

This. OP can also get some books on the history of religion in America and the history of Christianity to give her a historical argument about how the tradition basically arose out of ignorance and social movements instead of Biblical accuracy.

any kind of arguing with her about her beliefs isn't going to work (probably, OP should be the best judge of that). she's almost guaranteed to get emotional and defensive, dump OP and then proceed to get more involved in the religion to find answers to the doubts OP brought into her head. If this does eventually work falling out of the religion will be a long, drawn out process with OP out of her life.

t. former christian