Amazon Go

How successful do you think Amazon Go will be? I'm pretty excited to use it and glad to not deal with Min Wage retards

it's a fucking amazing idea
half the shopping time seems to be from putting shit on a moving strip, waiting for each one to be scanned individually, and all that shit

Seems like a good way to steal a bunch of shit.

>put bread in bag
>walk out of store
>???

Thiefs paradise.

security will be there
and cameras
everything has an RFID on it, and when you walk out with it it charges to your amazon account

So I can't just rip off the RFID from a loaf of bread that I just put in my ass?

is the video not playing for anyone else?

>put items in a RF blocking bag
>enjoy free groceries until the day you die

i'm sure you'll have to use amazon-approved bags
i imagine that's what the security is for
you can do the ass shoving once you get home with your paid item

PRetty excited. Everytime I go shopping now it is impossible to get service because I'm a fucking white male and all the employees are brown women who act like I'm sexracist for asking for help.

And? The benefits and profits from cutting out cashiers would cover that easily.

If it eliminated 6 cashiers and two bagboys that's ((13.50-20/hr)42)+ (7.25)16 + benefits + workmanship comp + the loss of $/sqft to house the employees + the added supervisory staff + their benefits + the additional human capital needed to higher, process and train those employees.
You would have to steal a lot. $683-956/ day not counting all the other inputs.

$5 dollar bread they paid 2.50 for. Who cares. I bet there is A risk management analyst that ran the numbers an said. If they steal $1400/day we are still up 2400/day in extended costs per store.

My fear with Amazon grocery is that, even with their acquisition of Whole Foods, their refrigerated warehousing square footage is paltry. That cost cannot be easily shoved on to suppliers. This capital cost and the attendant risk of shrink could have this part of the Amazon flooded with debt and red ink for years.

TLDR: you can't steal enough for their savings to be offed. Logistics of books is different from lettuce: can they adapt quickly enough?

who /mischievous/ here
>get your groceries and pay for them
>cut off RFID tags when you get home
>slip them into someone else's bag when they aren't looking
>they get charged without even realising
this is gonna be good

then amazon will wonder "why is this user re-buying anons groceries?"

>use someone elses amazon account
>go to store and "buy" shit for X amount
>walk out
>profit

gee I wonder why this wont work

theft and security shouldn't be as much of an issue as there is now
there will still be people (probably at first) stocking shelves
and there would have to be at least a couple of dudes there to make sure someone didn't just move in and start living in the store

not too different from stealing someone else's credit card

>implying people dont do that already

Is the store equipped with weapons to defeat rampaging hordes of hungry african migrant?

that's the point
people already do scam shit, and there are work arounds (security cameras)
it will happen in some cases, but not frequent enough to destroy the entire idea of it

The commercial is shit and soulless, but it's a good idea. Gotta make sure there are cameras in there to make sure people don't steal.

Just don't create some x-ray or data mining nonsense that scans my cock, or I will never go back again. I would rather go to a nigger infested deli than get all of my items tracked forever.

I wonder how much rfid chips will raise the cost of their products. Also kinda sad to think about millions of perfectly good chips being used once and then thrown away.

this will probably become a cluster fuck eventually
would there be "programmable RFID's", and "exchange programs" where you bring them in for recycling, like pop cans?

These things are only going up in high trust White areas. They aren't going to put them in South Central LA or the Bronx.

Don't you have hand scanners in America? Here in France you just sign up for a program, pick up your scanner, scan your stuff as you go and give the device at checkout. They check it, give you a ticket you scan to pay and you're out in 10 seconds. Not the EXACT same thing, but seems a lot less complicated than tracking every single item.

exchange programs seem like a logical next step, but then that would pretty much eliminate the convenience factor if everyone had to fuck around with rfid chips on all of their products.

i suppose it's that it is optional-
you could never fuck with one, or collect them all for the refund

wew

just yesterday i was watching a vice "doc" on youtube about temp workers. absolutely disgusting. amazon is one, if not the worst about this, exploiting undocumented immigrants.

if i were a usaian, i wouldn't use amazon until they provide good working conditions and pay to the people that make their system work, or when they switch their entire operation to robots

>inb4 commie REEEEEEE