What's the consensus on Monero here?

What's the consensus on Monero here?

Other urls found in this thread:

ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/2699/is-there-any-ether-mixer-tumbler-available
yuki.la/biz/1148569
getmonero.org/2017/05/17/disclosure-of-a-major-bug-in-cryptonote-based-currencies.html
chainz.cryptoid.info/xzc/#!rich
chainz.cryptoid.info/xzc/#!wallets
altcointoday.com/monero-transactions-traceable/
z.cash/blog/zcash-eth.html
weuse.cash/2016/06/09/btc-xmr-zcash/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's one of the few cryptos with an actual use(money laundering.)

solid tech long term hold IMO

a non-shitcoin that doesnt get discussed ever

I love Monero. Not it's not really the kind of coin /biz likes because it doesn't give the possibility of quick profit but I see it as a very useful long term bet.

Yer I was actually surprised that Monero is accepted on Alphabay. I mean it should be a big deal by that alone and it's easily the most secure coin out there. With only 14m total coins it should be way higher than it is now but it seems people just don't ever talk about it even though it's a crypto that has lasted for a very long time. Not sure why people are obsessing over Litecoin when this exists, Litecoin is great but this is a coin that has been here for a while, has actual use and hasn't been premined.

Are people just dumb for not investing in it? 600m cap is pretty low for such a great coin.

That's the only reason I use it.

ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/2699/is-there-any-ether-mixer-tumbler-available

Whenever I need to anonymize my coins, I use this technique.

A -(shapeshift)-> Monero 1 -> Monero 2 -(shapeshift)-> B

Just wait for it user. Its time to shine is yet to come. Especially if the regulation rumors gain momentum.

only good anonymous coin out there currently

dash is just a mixer and doesnt use tech to ensure your mixed transactions are actually private. zcash has great tech but the coin itself (20% money going to useless devs, non-private by default, possibly insecure launch) is shit. when zcash's tech gets implimented into ethereum then things will get interesting.

and all the other privacy coins are either bytecoin/dash/zcash clones with no users or volume.

most interesting kind of coin out there because bitcoin and ethereum can never get privacy by default due to the way their tech works, so theres always going to be a space for coins that are always private whether a sidechain in btc /contract in eth/ or a new coin.

you say like that it hasnt already pumped. it went up an insane amount last year.

this

Most stable coin in my folio. Takes a beating each crash and just stands back up swinging it's balls around.

what would you say is a good entry point for XMR? I'm really intrigued.

BTC might have better privacy when schnorr sigs are implemented.

But I agree with what you say, XMR is a nice coin to HODL

Last year when it was like $1.

God knows. It's price is as volitile as water heated to around 2 - 40 degrees Celsius.

i agree, just like zk-snarks on ethereum would mean completely anonymous erc-20 tokens, but it cant be private by default

it might not be monero that succeeds in the long term but none of the other privacy coins out today have anything over it.

XZC is pretty damn solid too. And severely undervalued atm.

You guys wanna kek? Check out what /biz thought about it last year:

yuki.la/biz/1148569

it doesnt have the volume to be considered useful enough as a privacy coin. i dont know anything about the tech though, is it based off of any of the ideas of monero/zcash?

>only good anonymous coin out there currently
>mentions zcash and dash
>forgets PVIX and, much better, Zcoin

Read the zero-coin protocol and you'll realize Zcoin is just like Zcash but better (not a shitty mixer, 100% anonymous, quantum computer resistant). Zcoin could take a dump on Monero or Zcash any day.

I didn't buy early so it's a shitcoin.

biz was quite different back then. I wish I was buying cryptocurrencies last year.

I quit my job last June, and I bought a little bit of bitcoin at around $700, but I didn't know anything about altcoins back then.

pivx is just another fork, people only care about it because the price pumped after it was dead for over a year. a private coin that isn't being used for anything more than speculation on exchanges isn't a good privacy coin.

privacy coins need to be high volume and in use right now to have staying power, because it wont be long before you'll be able to get privacy features in bitcoin and ethereum.

zcoin might be interesting but again, it needs volume and real world use to be useful and time is running out.

Monero may be great, but for me there are too many dogs fighting over the same bone as far as market share in the anonymous transaction category.

Just mentioned PVIX cause it's a real competitor when it comes to anonymity, even if he's only outstanding cause of fast transactions and excelent marketing.

Now I know Zcoin has shit volume, but on paper it's your best bet. It needs good news to drag attention to it and it'll easily reach 150$ in months if not further.

zcoin has visible account balances like dash/zcash/etc. doesnt seem so great to me.

>green id with a Z in front

ZCOIN HODLERS FINNA BE RICH

>lessons were taught
>lessons were learned

also it seems one account owns over a third of the entire currency? is than an exchange or is this coin the new dash?

>zcoin has visible account balances
Source on that? Afaik that's not the case.

I'd avoid it.. getmonero.org/2017/05/17/disclosure-of-a-major-bug-in-cryptonote-based-currencies.html
Talks about the patch monero had to use to fix the potential of unlimited coins made. Anyone that's anyone in coding knows if you patch something it can logically worked around. (Ex. Viruses). Some are trying to figure it out from old code to new code, just be a matter of time

You dumbass you know they have logs of you exchanging the monero right

chainz.cryptoid.info/xzc/#!rich

>chainz.cryptoid.info/xzc/#!rich
What is the point of all the anonimity to end up having this? Shit bro you're right.

right, thats why dash/pivx/zcash/zcoin arent interesting. if zcash didnt have the public net part of it it would be interesting, but the ability to see addresses or balances without needing a private key is a huge failure for a privacy coin.

Stop talking about monero and let me accumulate more.

how do you even get Monero anonymously?

>go on an exchange and buy XMR with BTC
>It's now viewable on the blockchain because BTC is not anonymous.

Seriously, someone explain it to a crypto noob.

monero is its own mixer, so you can buy it from wherever but when you send it no one but you can see who you sent it to and the person receiving it doesnt know where it came from.

since the transactions are private doesn't that make it vulnerable to fraud and manipulation with no way to pin point the abusers.

all the bois mad cause the devs don't cooperate with PnDs

Rather than making my own thread what do yall think about digital note (also known as duck note)?

>100% anonymous
>chainz.cryptoid.info/xzc/#!wallets

shill leave pls

if its also based on cryptonote what makes it more private than monero? i would stay away from currencies using the same privacy tech and look at ones using something unique and new.

>what makes it more private than monero?

Nothing, it's less private.

I think it's currently competing with zcash. Depending on which one wins i might invest in it. If it hits coinbase it will really take off.

well, that barely gives you any anonymity, even with ringcts.
it probably does give you plausible deniability, but you get that with any 1-time-use address on ETH too

altcointoday.com/monero-transactions-traceable/

>ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/2699/is-there-any-ether-mixer-tumbler-available

ETH, doesn't need a mixer servce, it's getting zcash-level anonymity
(which is perfect anonimity, far-far-far-far better than what you can achieve with mixing services or monero, which is also p much just a mixing service)

z.cash/blog/zcash-eth.html

PIVX is a DASH-clone shitcoin

Zcoin doesn't conceal amounts, which makes it vulnerable to timing attacks

So incorrect.

Zcash has no anonymity. If the US gov asks to trace a transaction - you're fucked.

As far as complete privacy goes, there are only 2 options. Monero and Verge.

Monero needs tor integration (Kovri).

And Verge needs Ring CT (apparently coming this month).

Zcoin, PIVX and Dash are all shitcoins. Utterly pointless.

I see. Well I think im going to hedge my bets and go 50/50 on verge and monero.

>perfect anonymity
kek

no one uses Zcash's privacy features because they're too computationally intense, Zcash, in use, is nothing more than a low-volume mixer

>Verge
as private as bitcoin

>b-but muh dev promises!!!1
fuck off shill

lol what? you have no idea how zero-knowledge proofs work like

the beatiful thing about anonymous zcash transactions is that it doesn't matter how many people use them, because they'll all be perfectly anonym

currently most transactions are just miners between their wallets, no need to anonymize. i mean, there isn't even a non-linux wallet available yet.
and if ETH actually gets zero-knowledge proofs there probably won't any other either
but it is perfect anonymity, according to our current knowledge

it wont be anonymous by default though, just a token. hopefully should be enough to kill zcash.

the monero issues are also a non-issue as long as you send your own coins to yourself a few times, and the analysis wasnt done on ringct coins which is why their website doesnt bother including txs after it was introduced.

why even bother with verge? dead coin from 2015 until a pump a month or two ago. sure sign of a worthless coin.

How is Monero the only completely private coin?

timing attacks, you stupid nigger

it doesn't matter if the private zcash transaction is anonymous or not if you're the only one making them

weuse.cash/2016/06/09/btc-xmr-zcash/

Read the thread you lazy shit